LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

What the Seattle win COULD mean

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
The victory means that we are still have a good chance to make the play offs.

The next game up--the game against Tampa Bay--is now the most critical game of the year.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Two reasons why this team is NOT like the 2011 Giants:

1. The 2011 Giants didn't have to try to win in Seattle.

2. The 2013 Seahawks don't have Kyle Williams

3. Greg Roman calling plays

4. NFL refs hate us

5. Eli didn't have as many commercials as Kap
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Realistically the road to the superbowl is going to be more similar to the Ravens of last season only a lot tougher as the NFC is pretty stacked.

If there's a team built for the road in the NFC it's us! The only real questionmark is playing in Seattle. Whoever wins there is more than likely the Superbowl winner.

Reminds me of the good ol' championship match ups between 49ers and Cowboys, the winner usually was the champion.

Be careful of what you wish for. There's a good chance a Peyton Manning led Denver Broncos team will obliterate the NFC rep in the SB.

LOL. There is a better chance of the Manning led Broncos being one and done come playoff time.
I look at it this way... regardless of how the NFC stacks out we have to worry about getting out of the wild card round before we start talking about the NFC Championship or Superbowl. End of story, our success is not a given regardless of our past success. There are a lot of hungry teams in the NFC looking to take their own path to glory.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Two reasons why this team is NOT like the 2011 Giants:

1. The 2011 Giants didn't have to try to win in Seattle.

2. The 2013 Seahawks don't have Kyle Williams

3. Greg Roman calling plays

4. NFL refs hate us

5. Eli didn't have as many commercials as Kap

6. Who took the Nuggets?
The Seattle win COULD mean a trap loss in Tampa
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Main reason why we aren't the 2011 Giants:

We don't have Eli Montana
The Giants had a more competent QB in 2011 than what we have today. It's not close.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The Giants had a more competent QB in 2011 than what we have today. It's not close.

Originally posted by leebert81:

Are you seriously comparing a guy who won 2 Super Bowls to a guy who can do 1 read and is inaccurate as hell?

Are you seriously comparing a guy who won 2 Super Bowls to a guy who can do 1 read and is inaccurate as hell?

Suggestion: If you feel our QB is inaccurate as hell, why not root for the Chargers?

You continually blaming all on our QB *yawn*, is really boring.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Realistically the road to the superbowl is going to be more similar to the Ravens of last season only a lot tougher as the NFC is pretty stacked.

If there's a team built for the road in the NFC it's us! The only real questionmark is playing in Seattle. Whoever wins there is more than likely the Superbowl winner.

Reminds me of the good ol' championship match ups between 49ers and Cowboys, the winner usually was the champion.

Be careful of what you wish for. There's a good chance a Peyton Manning led Denver Broncos team will obliterate the NFC rep in the SB.

Then they will have to do it during a blizzard. I think this year's SB is going to be one of the more controversial played due to the weather. Denver looks like the team to beat though ... they seem to put up 40 as easily as most teams put up 20.
Originally posted by Paulhofer:
This Niner team is starting to remind me a little of the 2011 NY Giants . Before yesterday's game I told my son's ( I have 4 boys - All DIE HARD NINER FANS ) that the Niners could ride the emotion of a win against Seattle right through the playoffs and into a Super Bowl . Like the NY giants who got healthy and hot at the right time , these Niners just might do the same.

The Key now is not to stumble against Tampa Bay , this game is a trap game if ever there was one , it is extremly hard coming off the emotional high of yesterdays game and having to travel across the country to play a team that is riding high behind a rookie QB with nothing to lose, but I think the Niners are a true professional team with great team leadership from thier Veteran players and coaches .

If the Niners can win out I think a 5 seed is not out of the question . Niners need to have a solid formula of Def and capable offense and they can beat any team including Seattle . It will be extremely tough , but , if they can come out of the NFC with three road playoff wins then winning the Super Bowl is not out of the question.

Prediction:

AZ is DONE , they will lose @ Tenn or @ SEAT . Dallas is DONE , they will lose @ CHI .

Philly wins the East
Carolina loses again to NO
SF is 5 seed
Car is 6th seed

Car won't lose to NO again.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I look at it this way... regardless of how the NFC stacks out we have to worry about getting out of the wild card round before we start talking about the NFC Championship or Superbowl. End of story, our success is not a given regardless of our past success. There are a lot of hungry teams in the NFC looking to take their own path to glory.

Yes, and those teams have flaws. Philly, Dallas, and Detroit are all good teams but none are as complete a team as the 49ers, who would be favored on the road against any 3rd or 4th seed. But you're right - we need to take care of business, play the next three games with as much passion and energy as we did against Seattle, and then take the playoffs one game at a time.
Originally posted by Disp:
Through 3 quarters in Seattle the score was 12-3, with Seattle's only touchdown coming after they failed to convert 3'rd down and then Aldon was hit with a ridiculous personal foul penalty. The 49ers can absolutely win in Seattle.

Yes, I also believe they can win. But Kaep is going to have to play better than he has so far in three games against Seattle.

IF we make the NFC Championship game, it will be the third time that he's been forced to face Seattle IN Seattle.

What do they say about charms and that third time?
Share 49ersWebzone