LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 215 users in the forums

Kap or playcalling?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Kap or playcalling?

scott tolzien has thrown for 339 yards today and 250+ last week i believe for the packers.

here? he could barely throw for 30 yards

what changed between here and there?

talent?

ability to read defenses?

lol
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
scott tolzien has thrown for 339 yards today and 250+ last week i believe for the packers.

talent?

lol

People will keep ranting on and on about the QB though..............
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

talent?

lol

People will keep ranting on and on about the QB though..............

in colin kaepernick's first few games he destroyed defenses too. its because no one has film on tolzien cuz hes been a scrub all his life. give it time lol
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
in colin kaepernick's first few games he destroyed defenses too. its because no one has film on tolzien cuz hes been a scrub all his life. give it time lol

or because they run a system that allows the qb options to throw sling it everywhere.

there was no film on tolzien when he was here with us either was there?

the same system that got matt flynn a big payday but out of it couldn't beat out anyone for a job since right?

how mccown is throwing for yardage while cutler is out...

how tuel and the other rookie all stepped in and threw for yardage while e.j. manuel was out...

you have to have a talented qb we can check that, we have it.

then you must have a coordinator capable of making a passing game dynamic.

how is it that roman can't do it in his 3rd season

but pep hamilton fresh out of stanford can do it in his first?

hmmm

or because they run a system that allows the qb options to throw sling it everywhere.

there was no film on tolzien when he was here with us either was there?

the same system that got matt flynn a big payday but out of it couldn't beat out anyone for a job since right?

how mccown is throwing for yardage while cutler is out...

how tuel and the other rookie all stepped in and threw for yardage while e.j. manuel was out...

you have to have a talented qb we can check that, we have it.

then you must have a coordinator capable of making a passing game dynamic.

how is it that roman can't do it in his 3rd season

but pep hamilton fresh out of stanford can do it in his first?

hmmm
...so youre saying roman is the problem...like the rest of the zone...got it
I would blame play calling more than Kap. He should be used on more bootlegs and in the Pistol formation. Help is on the way with Crabtree's return, but it won't matter without better pass protection. Defenses have figured out that you just have to stack the box, so Harbaugh and Roman need to get it together with play calling and game planning.

The playoffs have already begun for this team.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Being fair, both.
Kaep has been struggling, no doubt, but Roman just keeps aggravating the problem with bad play calling. Too much talent for it not to be the coaches' fault here.

the problem is jim doesn't seem to get it.

in the grand scheme of things what we say doesn't count
I say both, but Kaep just does not look comfortable out there. His decision making has slowed and it seems like he's thinking too much. He's also letting the outside affect him too much.

A lil' bit of both!!

the problem is jim doesn't seem to get it.

in the grand scheme of things what we say doesn't count

i think he gets it but theres no one else at this point in the season unless hes willing to call plays himself. i wonder if hes ready to make that decision
I thought for sure we'd see a halfback screen....
i think he gets it but theres no one else at this point in the season unless hes willing to call plays himself. i wonder if hes ready to make that decision

he has to do it because everyone sees the team is talented enough to be elite defense is back in full form but his specialty which is offense has been horrible and the single reason we've lost 4 times. if the offense pulls its weight and is somewhat competent we realistically win 3 of those 4 games, the defense played well enough to do so.

He can't keep stonewalling the press while the ship is taking on water, its cute when you get w's but when you take l's when you shouldn't lose.. then it becomes a problem media wise.

They shouldn't accept we'll get it corrected. No you won't

gore had 13 rushes for 48 yards

you give him 26 that's 96. that's good enough to take clock and win the game..

the defense FORCED turnovers which gave us almost all of our points.

he needs to make the change NOW we didn't come into this season thinking next year. we were feeling and rightfully so this year and next year.

the crabtree issue was true until they replaced kyle and manningham came back. as long as kyle was the starter the wr argument was legit.

and even then roman didn't do anything with macdonald or hunter and couldn't get james playing..

could not create plays for them. now you tell me what would sean payton do with these weapons? they would kill to be able to actually run the ball and pass..

its sickening. 4 losses, we're the measuring stick. every team that beat us says "see we are elite too" and im tired of it. we need to get some swagger on offense let colin loose so he can be who we think he is..well those of us who think objectively and look at everything going on.

the defense is playing top notch
TOP NOTCH
and im sorry, if we convert those into to td's or drive a long drive or score touch downs the game is a blowout in favor of us.

we got people on tv saying that the game really wasn't that close..in favor of the saints ignoring that it took a gift penalty and a last second field goal to win.

the time is NOW

either he makes the change or we see that he's willing to sacrifice a year of football to feed his own arrogance.

i see he had no problem throwing mangini under the bus when talking about the challenges.

but not a peep on the dude ruining your whole entire team. i know the defense is tired of doing what they're doing every week.
they have played well enough to win every game..

every one.

but greg roman? i don't even see how he is allowed on the plane
If the box is stacked to stop the run, then they need to take what the D gives them and get the passes out quick and hit those mid-range passes. That is the part of the blame that falls on Kap.
Share 49ersWebzone