LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 129 users in the forums

Kap or playcalling?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Kap or playcalling?

I know penalties were made. (Brooks was a bad call said Howie Long) Besides that, why is Kap holding that ball? Breez always take 2-3 steps and that ball is gone. Why arent the Niners doi g same type plays? All teams know to rush Kap. Kap at times looked like a deer in head lights. No confidence. Its not that receivers arent getting open, no plays being called to get them opened. Too predictable. Defense can only do so much. With this all going on, hard to see Niners squeek into wildcard. I see Kap good in 2 years as a total smart QB. I say real bad playcalling for rookie Kap.
both
Just saying Niners are beating themselves. :/ Go Niners!!
Where's full team effort and refs screwing us on this?

Nothing is bouncing our way this season. Kaep's not playing well, play calling is mediocre at best, refs screwing us over in key moments, offensive line forgot how to block...

The one bright spot is our defense is still stout without any offensive help.
Bad OL play combined with bad playcalling will ALWAYS sink a young QB. Period.

People blaming Kap know nothing about football.
Both but especially the playcalling. BRB, the Saints load up to stop the run on 1st down, 49ers run the ball every 1st down. The amount of 3rd and longs that they ran into was unbelievable. Throw in some bad drops from the receivers, especially McDonald and Gore and there's blame to go all around.
Both Kap and play calling improved BUTTTT still nowhere close to being Championship level.
Originally posted by jreff22:
both

Agreed. Forgot Both option.
75% Kap & 25% Roman

Kap is a third year quarterback that still cannot read defenses or make timely (and proper) pre-snap adjustments. 99/100 Kap threw a pick-six this game too.

WHERE IS KAP'S IMPROVEMENTS?

Oh. Okay. We need immaculate playcalling and a plethora of weapons for a Kap to be successful, maybe maybe have the defenses forget how to defend the read-option too.
It's really a mix of both. Kaep has hit the "sophomore wall" I think. But Roman's play design and calling has been hideous. Couple that with injuries throughout the team and you get a struggling team.

That being said, Kaep absolutely needs to lift this team up if he thinks he's a franchise QB. The intermediate and deep throws have not been happening this year and Kaep is struggling to go through his reads. He also seems extremely reluctant to tuck and run this year. I don't know if that is because of coaching in the offseason or some lingering injury issue. But it has seem pretty apparent to me he's sticking to the pocket and throwing balls away more often.

Harbaugh/Roman/Chryst/Kaepernick/Oline... the entire sistem SUCKS!!!
Both and I'll add "offensive system" to the mix of reasons.

In terms of system they need to
- Reduce the number of shifts and adjustments that make the offense get or almost get a delay of game penalty with every snap.
- Add slants and screens back to the mix
- Give Kaep an outlet and "hot read". He might have these already but there was no evidence (based on his play) in this Saints game.
Where's the both option?
Hard to call good plays with Kap as the QB.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Both but especially the playcalling. BRB, the Saints load up to stop the run on 1st down, 49ers run the ball every 1st down. The amount of 3rd and longs that they ran into was unbelievable. Throw in some bad drops from the receivers, especially McDonald and Gore and there's blame to go all around.

if we are calling 2 plays in the huddle....which is Kap going with?
Share 49ersWebzone