LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 323 users in the forums

Kap or playcalling?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Kap or playcalling?

Now, the terrible penalty that cost us the game aside, I'm now on the fire-Greg-Roman-bandwagon. yeah, we're missing Crabs (man, are we missing him.) I know we have deficiencies in personnel, and that's where I blame Baalke. (He should NO LONGER have anything to do with drafting WR's. Plus, I think he allowed too many vital pieces go, in particular Walker. It don't pay to be cheap.) Sure, C. Kaep still has rough edges to smooth out. But it's the coaches job to coach around deficiencies and coach around weaknesses, and coach to a teams strengths. I just don't think JH & Co. are doing that right now very well. Clearly, NFL defenses have adjusted but our coaching staff hasn't adjusted to other teams adjustments. All our losses are near mirror images, even against teams we should beat (NO and Carolina).

It seems to me that defenses have figured out Greg Roman's offenses and Roman is inept at on-the-fly game adjustments. They are, in effect, defending only about 15 field yards per play against us. Teams know we can't go deep, that much should be obvious by all by now.

So for me, Roman needs to go before our season gets too far out of reach for the playoffs. We use to have a predictable offensive coordinator who didn't maximize teams talent. And that was Jimmie Reye. I hate to say it but the results of Greg Roman's offense looks too much like Jimmie's offense.
dude it's not all on the play calling. man you guys on here look and sound like a bunch of b***hes..... obviously our o-line is a huge problem. if your qb has no pocket then what do you expect. yes kaep is missing some reads.. hell he is literally still a rook. it's going to take a while.
our d-line has lost the rush. brees had almost all damn day today. we are beating ourselves with mental miscues.
Kapcalling
I Thought the niners(coaches) had the game in the bag if they didn't choke on the play calling. They had plenty of time with over 2 minutes to drive the length of the field and either score a TD or FG. With the short pass and screen game mixed with the run, spreading the ball to all receivers, example:(5yds to 10yds.) TE crossing routes from the opposite side, sideline passes, screen passes, draws,Miss direction plays, Roll out passes, Kaep runs, no huddle, changing formations. The niners need to mix it up and quit playing conservative at the end of the game like their afraid to lose. The 20 plus yard pass plays should be set up by the short game, it is too easy to blitz when that is all you have. Bring back the teamwork they had from last year where everyone gets to contribute and earn confidence. It seems like any player that makes a mistake doesn't get another opportunity to prove himself. Where are the receivers off the bench, Jon Baldwin, Lamicheal James, etc.The niners need some creativity and Teamwork to keep defenses off balance. Make your own version of the pistol, bring in Colt McCoy for a couple of plays to throw to Kaepernik. Niners need to loosen up and have more fun on Offense ( they are too nervous and serious). Joe Montana always had a smile on his face even on a final drive.
Kaep was doing good with the same O.C. Last year so whats his deal this year??
Originally posted by wailers15:
dude it's not all on the play calling. man you guys on here look and sound like a bunch of b***hes..... obviously our o-line is a huge problem. if your qb has no pocket then what do you expect. yes kaep is missing some reads.. hell he is literally still a rook. it's going to take a while.
our d-line has lost the rush. brees had almost all damn day today. we are beating ourselves with mental miscues.

Yes, because running the ball up the middle with LaMichael James against a stacked box is brilliant. Foregoing the playaction on first down when the Saints are also dropping 9 in the box is brilliant, continually lining up the fullback out wide is brilliant, being successful in the short passing game only to resort to bombing it downfield to non-existent deep threats is brilliant, running when the defense is expecting a run and waiting to pass when the defense is expecting a pass is of course, also brilliant.
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Kap just doesn't see the entire field; takes way to many sakes.Last year when things broke down, Kap could make it happen with his legs.This year he has been a total flop and Sf is last in passing !

this year he doesn't run as much as he should.

there are lanes open from passing he should take and slide it should be automatic. and it would kill defenses and force them to spy.
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Kaep was doing good with the same O.C. Last year so whats his deal this year??

Read option worked last season, teams were selling out so that Kaepernick wouldn't beat them with his legs, 49ers had more targets...or at least were utilizing more targets to pass to last season.

Make no mistake about it, Roman has been garbage for awhile now, I was complaining about the playcalling back in 2011, he'll use something creative, run it into the ground and stick with it even though defensives have evidently caught on, the 49ers continue to lose in almost the exact same way, the running game gets shutdown, opposing defense blitzes, Roman doesn't adjust, 49ers offense gets beat down, game over. This is not a new occurrence, he has been absolute s**t when it comes to calling the passing offense almost entirely from the get-go, at least in 2011 they ran some WCO type of plays and spread out the field a bit, this season, they are making it as easy for teams to defend this offense as possible.
Kap is garbage, always will be. Worst passer in the NFL, literally.

Sick and tired of hearing the same excuses. Oh its Romam, oh its crabtree... Please... Boldin is the best thing to happen to receiving crew in a long time.

Ill trust our Superbowl-favorite coaching staff tyvm
[ Edited by winningestqb on Nov 17, 2013 at 10:32 PM ]
I'm totally Kapathetic at this stage.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Read option worked last season, teams were selling out so that Kaepernick wouldn't beat them with his legs, 49ers had more targets...or at least were utilizing more targets to pass to last season.

Make no mistake about it, Roman has been garbage for awhile now, I was complaining about the playcalling back in 2011, he'll use something creative, run it into the ground and stick with it even though defensives have evidently caught on, the 49ers continue to lose in almost the exact same way, the running game gets shutdown, opposing defense blitzes, Roman doesn't adjust, 49ers offense gets beat down, game over. This is not a new occurrence, he has been absolute s**t when it comes to calling the passing offense almost entirely from the get-go, at least in 2011 they ran some WCO type of plays and spread out the field a bit, this season, they are making it as easy for teams to defend this offense as possible.

it's not even read option
its run with power
play action pass
and when we do pass give multiple options
and give him the green light to run if the lane is there.
it's literally unstoppable offense if we do those things..and add a screen to calls
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by winningestqb:

Sick and tired of hearing the same excuses. Oh its Romam, oh its crabtree... Please... Boldin is the best thing to happen to receiving crew in a long time.

Speaking of garbage

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/washington-offensive-lineman-trent-williams-alleges-officials-insulted-233612996--nfl.html

you mean the staff that couldn't design a play to score from 5 yards for a championship? that staff?

its been roman
the offense was actually dynamic last year without the read option
and he took those away handcuffing the qb
Originally posted by LVJay:
Speaking of garbage

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/washington-offensive-lineman-trent-williams-alleges-officials-insulted-233612996--nfl.html

ESPN is going to eat the story up..its the new Incognito probably just wait and see
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
Speaking of garbage

ESPN is going to eat the story up..its the new Incognito probably just wait and see

I hope every bit of Trent's claims are true. I want these stupid refs to keep thinking they are almighty on the field... one day some psycho fans are just gonna turn em into human waste
Share 49ersWebzone