LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 200 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 14)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TTTT9ers:
Question for all you Football Pros out there: Did Seattle play a simple vanilla offense and defense during this game?

i'm not a pro either but as patrick said, seattle doesn't do anything dynamic on either side of the ball. they have an exotic zone blitz here and there but it's not the steelers lebeau type. their offense is pretty basic too: run the ball, have wussle chuck up jump balls
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by Seattle49er:
Still think this is stooping to their stupid level. Rather see the money donated to a charity in the name of 49er fans.

Seattle's childrens hospital comes to mind, they do alot of good work there and anything for kids works for me. Start them off right cheering for the right team, "Go 9ers"

you want to get sick kids in the middle of a football rivalry by having the seattle area hospital kids start off by cheering for the niners? that sounds like a great idea

Hell yeah have a bunch of fans donate money and hats and jerseys to hospitals in seattle all with a special tag that says, "because the 49ers care about the children of Seattle"

lolololol
Just was watching some of the coaches film and on the play in the first quarter with about a minute left where Crabtree caught the pass and only got one foot in bounds, he absolutely killed Sherman on the route. It was about a 12 yard out route, he turned Sherman around and made Sherman fall on his back. Really s**tted on him.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Just was watching some of the coaches film and on the play in the first quarter with about a minute left where Crabtree caught the pass and only got one foot in bounds, he absolutely killed Sherman on the route. It was about a 12 yard out route, he turned Sherman around and made Sherman fall on his back. Really s**tted on him.

crabs is a beast. i dont know how he does it but hes the shiftyest receiver in the league at his size
Originally posted by mod:
Still think this is stooping to their stupid level. Rather see the money donated to a charity in the name of 49er fans.

Seattle's childrens hospital comes to mind, they do alot of good work there and anything for kids works for me. Start them off right cheering for the right team, "Go 9ers"

you want to get sick kids in the middle of a football rivalry by having the seattle area hospital kids start off by cheering for the niners? that sounds like a great idea

Hell yeah have a bunch of fans donate money and hats and jerseys to hospitals in seattle all with a special tag that says, "because the 49ers care about the children of Seattle"

lolololol

That. Would. Be. Awesome.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by mod:

lolololol

That. Would. Be. Awesome.

Or donate a bunch of Beats By Dre and let the fun ensue.
Originally posted by TTTT9ers:
Question for all you Football Pros out there: Did Seattle play a simple vanilla offense and defense during this game?

i'm not a pro either but as patrick said, seattle doesn't do anything dynamic on either side of the ball. they have an exotic zone blitz here and there but it's not the steelers lebeau type. their offense is pretty basic too: run the ball, have wussle chuck up jump balls

Lol
Thanks guys!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

crabs is a beast. i dont know how he does it but hes the shiftyest receiver in the league at his size

This is because Crabtree is a better athlete than Dick. Fifth round talent vs top ten overall talent? Not even close. Sherman is a system guy and if Crabtree and Sherman were available I take Crabtree all day. Real talent vs some holding and grabbing and yapping all day. Q and Crab will maul SEA DBs in the playoffs because we are seeing what I have called for 3 months ago. We are going after the DBs taking the physicality to them. They want to hold grab and shove well so are our WRs and since they are the better athlete they will win over 4 quarters. I saw our guys shoving back and looking for DBs on running plays like Q said. I saw us yapping at them leaving them demoralized. And I want to see more of this every time we face them. Beat them up and flip the script
Crabs > Dick

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

This is because Crabtree is a better athlete than Dick. Fifth round talent vs top ten overall talent? Not even close. Sherman is a system guy and if Crabtree and Sherman were available I take Crabtree all day. Real talent vs some holding and grabbing and yapping all day. Q and Crab will maul SEA DBs in the playoffs because we are seeing what I have called for 3 months ago. We are going after the DBs taking the physicality to them. They want to hold grab and shove well so are our WRs and since they are the better athlete they will win over 4 quarters. I saw our guys shoving back and looking for DBs on running plays like Q said. I saw us yapping at them leaving them demoralized. And I want to see more of this every time we face them. Beat them up and flip the script

im not talking about just d******d sherman. crabs is extremely good at changing directions. he does it better than most RBs do. he can stop on a dime. so happy this dude is back on the field and playing well. hes only gonna get better as he gains more confidence in that achilles
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

huh? ill take crabs over disck anyday but you cant say Sherman is a system guy. As much as he is hated, hes a beast! Plus that whole 6th round this guy and tpp ten talent that guy, thats all garbage. So Tom Brady is a system guy?
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Crabs > Dick

Dick crabs are nothing to laugh about
Originally posted by sanfran49:
huh? ill take crabs over disck anyday but you cant say Sherman is a system guy. As much as he is hated, hes a beast! Plus that whole 6th round this guy and tpp ten talent that guy, thats all garbage. So Tom Brady is a system guy?

Sherman is trash can talent just like most of SEA DBs not named Earl Thomas. There is no miss on Sherman. Pete got those guys because he had a vision and a system in which he would use long DBs to jam hold tackle and grab WRs. Sherman and Browner fit right into his philosophy. Sure they will get called some but more than not they won't and there you have it. The leagues number one secondary filled with trash can talent. 31 teams didn't miss on these guys but credit to Pete that he has a system they can succeed in. Tom Brady is a HOF but time will tell on Sherman. I for one believe that he is a fad. Put him on another team and he gets shoved around and abused just like Boldin did to him Sunday. Sooner or later teams will discover that if the refs will hold the whistle beyond 5 yards that they have to instruct the WRs to bring the physicality to the DB all game long until they fold. Trash can talent. The comparison I will give Sherman to Brady (ridiculous I am even discussing this) is that they were both late round picks they both have performed well and it is because of film study and their intelligence. The problem is that the QB can survive for the most part by study and understanding of the game but at DB there is an athletic component that you must have or eventually it catches up to you. Garbage pail talent won't cut it in the long run but thankfully for him he has the Seahawks and Pete has made him a star. I just wonder how long this will last
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Dec 14, 2013 at 8:27 AM ]
Pillbusta might be on to something. I've always wondered how Seattle's DBs would fair on other teams. I think Earl Thomas and Richard are legit. Not sure about the rest of them. Browner will be a FA next year and I'm sure some dumb team will throw tons of cash his way but I think he's a product of Seattle's system (as are most of Seattle's DBs).
Share 49ersWebzone