There are 267 users in the forums

Do the 49ers have to run the table to get homefield advantage and win the NFC West?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do the 49ers have to run the table to get homefield advantage and win the NFC West?

I think they will for sure lose the NO and @SF games and one of the before mentioned leaving them at 12-4 .

I don't think anyone could say Seattle or SF will "for sure" lose any game.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by westcoastchamp:
So if we both lost to colts and to each other who wins the tie breaker?

I don't know? That's a good question? Suppose we beat Seattle at home and each win out for 14 - 2. What then?

Good question. There you go in that order :

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.Best net points in all games.
  10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  11. Coin toss

It will probably have to go down to No. 5 which should benefit us as the the remaining different teams we play are Vikings and Giants for them and Redskins for us. Unless the Vikings and Giants ball out from this point on, the 9ers' opponents' winning % by right should be higher than that of the Seahawks.

I think the reality is we will most likely have to win out and most importantly we will need to beat the Seahawks at home.
[ Edited by Rascal on Oct 24, 2013 at 8:12 AM ]
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I see Seattle at 14-2 with their next loss at the Stick to the 49ers. I think the 49ers get to 12-4. I hate the trip to DC and the Saints game. I never will discount the 49ers winning and hope to God Im wrong but lets have realistic expectations. We would be asking the team to go 13-0 after a 1-2 start? That is asking too much. Still just as long as the 49ers make the playoffs even as a HEALTHY Wildcard, we would have a much chance as anybody. remember the playoffs are a completely different story compared to the regular season. As a wild card, we'd most likely have to travel to the CowGirls, which I'd think the 49ers would be slightly Favored.

The 81 49ers started 1-2 and ended up 13-3. If we get past the Saints then 14-2 will be within reach.
wouldnt that be something? after week 3 everyone was in panic mode and predicting 9-7 records and here we are on a 4 game wkn streak
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
lol at running the table. niners ain't beating my redskins.
Seahawks will lose back to back when they play the Saints and us
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ruhl:
We need to run the table from here on out, otherwise we're putting our destiny in Seattle's hands. Playing Seattle at Century Link isn't something anyone wants to do, especially in the playoffs.
i just want us to be in the playoffs. sure playing seattle at seattle is not exactly what you would like to see but the alternative is for us to be setting at home watching someone else play seattle. i see us maybe losing two more games this year and i will not get into a debating society over which games they will be. so 12-4 would be a nice thing for this team considering all the walking wounded we have. you then get into the playoffs, home field advantage or not,, and let the chips fall where they may. i very much think , if the season ended today,, we have a team built for a deep run in the playoffs.. And in in my opinion we will be a stronger team two months from today than we are today due to the fact we have some guys that will rejoin the team who have been absent for whatever reason
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
The 81 49ers started 1-2 and ended up 13-3. If we get past the Saints then 14-2 will be within reach.

A perverse side of me wants the 9ers to play in Seattle in the playoffs. I really want this team to get that monkey off their backs. I think SF, if healthy, is the better team and they need to learn how to play with noise.
of course this is the truth,, i relish a chance for this team to play up there in the playoffs. we can not be scared of them up there for the rest of our lives. you gotta beat em sooner or later up there. now how satisfying would that be to beat them up there in the second most important football game a team will ever play!! that is a great challenge and one you should embrace in stead of hiding under the bed.. i just want our team to be a position to play in the title game , no matter where it is or who it is against
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Amir:
lol at running the table. niners ain't beating my redskins.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I don't see the seahawks losing another game with that schedule. I can see us losing to NO and seattle.

THIS

So you are conceding the Seattle game in SF?

IDK what conceding means, but we're gonna lose.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
I don't see the seahawks losing another game with that schedule. I can see us losing to NO and seattle.

THIS

So you are conceding the Seattle game in SF?

IDK what conceding means, but we're gonna lose.
speculation based in part on what happened a few weeks ago,, which will mean zero two months from now when the niners are a better team then as compared to now,,,,,,, and the way the team is playing now is pretty darn good. we were not physical first time with them and i would hope the niner coaches have learned that.

• buck
  • Veteran
There is a lot of football to be played. First, we need to beat the Jaguars.

The primary objective is to make the play-offs. I think we will make the play-offs.

Need to run the ball and the table
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
There seems to be a perception that we can't beat Seattle away. Just to mention, I recall a certain finesse team who had to go to Soldier Field in the depths of winter.

B E A R W E A T H E R.

But we nailed them. With our injured players back and a bit of time to prepare we will put the Seahawks back where they belong.
As much as everybody pumps up the current team. I don't think anyone in the NFL today has a threesome that compares to Montana, Rice and Taylor.
if Sea/SF both win the next three weeks it's going to get really interesting down the stretch of the season...

Niner's would be at 7-2, Sea at 9-1. Seattle than goes to Min and IF they don't slip up, 10-1 is probable, then they get a buy, Get to watch Saints/Niners, get saints at home after a buy and go to SF....

NFL is crazy and don't be surprised if Seattle slips up through that stretch, but even if they do, it's hard to image either SF or SEA ending worse than 12-4

So, Looking at playoffs as they stand now, lets say Niners end up 12-4/13-3 and get the wildcard. Looks like they'd be going to like a 10-6, 9-7 DALLAS!!!! then Back to NO....

Damn.... that's a rough playoff road. It'd be nice if SEA hit's a rough patch... It's crazy because the difference between 1 and 5 seeds has such HUGE playoff implications. One path, @Dallas @NO @SEA..... OR: Bye and a Candlestick Sunset...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
9ers went to the Super Bowl without home-filed advantage. I and I think the 9ers could careless after last year.
Share 49ersWebzone