LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Do the 49ers have to run the table to get homefield advantage and win the NFC West?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do the 49ers have to run the table to get homefield advantage and win the NFC West?

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I don't see the seahawks losing another game with that schedule. I can see us losing to NO and seattle.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Should or whatever I don't know? But what really is the tiebreaker in this scenario? Anybody know?

Tie breaking procedures

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

I just woke up. Have not had my coffee yet. So I am not even going to try figuring out the possibilities.
Originally posted by xela510:
Yes

Originally posted by English:
No

I agree with both of you...but my therapist says that's OK...
I think Seattle loses at home to the Saints, then we beat them the next week, Seahawks finish 13-3.
I think the Niners blow a tire somewhere and have one crappy game so they go 13-3 also.

At that point who wins the division comes down to tiebreakers and that will be huge if our one more loss ends up being to Rams or Cards
Originally posted by Buchy:
What is in our favour though is that Wilson has not been good this season,
How do people continue to convince themselves of this? He has a 97.2 QB rating, not to mention the fact that he has practically single-handedly won games for them with his legs.
Wilson has played great this season. Minimal turnovers and making plays with arm and leg. Harvin is coming back real soon and thats another weapon for him. Remember last year in first 6 weeks or so, Harvin was thought of as the MVP of the league.

I dont see 49ers winning the NFC this year. We have not looked dominate at all losing to good teams (Seattle, Colts) and beating the bad teams (aside from GB week 1). Seattle schedule is a joke and they could go 15-1 or 14-2.

Lets not forgot about the Saints with only 1 loss as well. they can win every game at home as well.

Thankfully in the NFC only Seatle, Saints and us are true contenders. everyone else who makes it in will lose to these 3 teams.
It's possible...Seattle's best chances of getting beat are Nov 19 at Atlanta, Saints visit Seattle Dec 2, and they come to our house Dec 8. If the Giants get back to playing decent football, the 'Hawks visit NY on Dec 16. We go to NO and have Atlanta at home...based on that alone, Seattle's got an edge. NO is a much tougher place to win, although we did it last year. This Saints team is a lot more focused primarily because Sean Payton's back and they're a very dangerous team again.
Originally posted by theduke85:
How do people continue to convince themselves of this? He has a 97.2 QB rating, not to mention the fact that he has practically single-handedly won games for them with his legs.

I believe it's wishful thinking coupled with the style that Seattle plays. They just don't play like New Orleans, Denver, New England, or Green Bay. They are always run first, second, and third, so unless you're paying attention it's easy to overlook how good Wilson really is, and what he does to keep them in games.
Seattle at Atlanta
Seattle at SF
Seattle home NO

Those are the three games that could trip up Seattle, but SF has the same.

SF home Seattle
SF at NO
SF home Atlanta

A couple of games that could trip up the niners but doubt they do:

SF home Carolina
SF at Washington
@STL TB @ATL MIN NO @SF @NYG AZ STL

I think that Seattle will have a harder time with @ATL and @NYG than people are expecting. I think the Giants will have their s**t more or less together by that point of the season and maybe put up a fight.

I think they will for sure lose the NO and @SF games and one of the before mentioned leaving them at 12-4 .

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I don't see the seahawks losing another game with that schedule. I can see us losing to NO and seattle.

THIS
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

THIS

So you are conceding the Seattle game in SF?
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I see Seattle at 14-2 with their next loss at the Stick to the 49ers. I think the 49ers get to 12-4. I hate the trip to DC and the Saints game. I never will discount the 49ers winning and hope to God Im wrong but lets have realistic expectations. We would be asking the team to go 13-0 after a 1-2 start? That is asking too much. Still just as long as the 49ers make the playoffs even as a HEALTHY Wildcard, we would have a much chance as anybody. remember the playoffs are a completely different story compared to the regular season. As a wild card, we'd most likely have to travel to the CowGirls, which I'd think the 49ers would be slightly Favored.

The 81 49ers started 1-2 and ended up 13-3. If we get past the Saints then 14-2 will be within reach.
  • Ruhl
  • Veteran
We need to run the table from here on out, otherwise we're putting our destiny in Seattle's hands. Playing Seattle at Century Link isn't something anyone wants to do, especially in the playoffs.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
The 81 49ers started 1-2 and ended up 13-3. If we get past the Saints then 14-2 will be within reach.

A perverse side of me wants the 9ers to play in Seattle in the playoffs. I really want this team to get that monkey off their backs. I think SF, if healthy, is the better team and they need to learn how to play with noise.
Share 49ersWebzone