LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

Do the 49ers have to run the table to get homefield advantage and win the NFC West?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do the 49ers have to run the table to get homefield advantage and win the NFC West?

I think yes. I can't see Seattle losing many more games. I think Seattle finishes 14 - 2 or at worst 13 - 3. So we have to beat them at home win at New Orleans and not slip up on any other games the rest of the year. I really think 13 - 3 may not be good enough for us this year to win the division. We are looking at a wild card and a very long road if we are 12 - 4 for sure IMO. Maybe so for even 13 - 3. Figure Seattle won't lose even one game at home. I don't see many road games left they could lose.
Yes
No
Originally posted by xela510:
Yes

I agree with you.
Originally posted by English:
No

What record do you think would work then? And how many will Seattle win?
Duhhhh!! Cannot afford to take the foot off the pedal at this time with the way the Aints and the Cawks are playing. We're a game behind and the Cawks remaining schedule is a joke except playing us and the Aints.
So if we both lost to colts and to each other who wins the tie breaker?
Originally posted by westcoastchamp:

I don't know? That's a good question? Suppose we beat Seattle at home and each win out for 14 - 2. What then?
Maybe, but if there are a couple key games.

That 2nd game with SEA at home is going to be HUUUUGE. The entire outcome of our season might rest on that game.

Seattle's remaining schedule:

@STL
TB
@ATL
MIN
NO
@SF
@NYG
AZ
STL

I see 1-2 losses there. Falcons and 49ers. Maybe Saints, but the last time the Saints went to SEA was in that playoff game, and they got destroyed. Now SEA is better. You should probably just mark all the remaining home games wins. So Bucs, Vikings, Saints, Cards, Rams. The the crappy Rams and Giants on the road will be easy wins.

Seattle finished 13-3 at worst. Luckily we play almost the same schedule, so its just as easy. We get ATL at home while traveling to NO. SEA gets NO at home but is traveling to ATL.

Niners have

@JAX
CAR
@NO
@WAS
STL
SEA
@TB
ATL
@AZ

JAX, CAR, WAS, STL, TB, AZ will probably be wins. Just going by the 49ers success on national TV games at home, I think we give Candlestick a nice regular season farewell by taking it to the Falcons. That leaves @NO and SEA.

We both lost to Indy, and that SEA game in week 2 can be made up in week 14. So its all going to come down to the road games in the south. Can we beat the Saints, and can Seattle beat the Falcons on the road? The Falcons will be the easier matchup, so SEA has an advantage.

It should be a close finish. We MUST take home field from them, or its a lost season. Theres no winning up in SEA. We need an upset from someone like the Giants.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I don't know? That's a good question? Suppose we beat Seattle at home and each win out for 14 - 2. What then?

Originally posted by Niners99:
Maybe, but if there are a couple key games.

That 2nd game with SEA at home is going to be HUUUUGE. The entire outcome of our season might rest on that game.

Seattle's remaining schedule:

@STL
TB
@ATL
MIN
NO
@SF
@NYG
AZ
STL

I see 1-2 losses there. Falcons and 49ers. Maybe Saints, but the last time the Saints went to SEA was in that playoff game, and they got destroyed. Now SEA is better. You should probably just mark all the remaining home games wins. So Bucs, Vikings, Saints, Cards, Rams. The the crappy Rams and Giants on the road will be easy wins.

Seattle finished 13-3 at worst. Luckily we play almost the same schedule, so its just as easy. We get ATL at home while traveling to NO. SEA gets NO at home but is traveling to ATL.

Niners have

@JAX
CAR
@NO
@WAS
STL
SEA
@TB
ATL
@AZ

JAX, CAR, WAS, STL, TB, AZ will probably be wins. Just going by the 49ers success on national TV games at home, I think we give Candlestick a nice regular season farewell by taking it to the Falcons. That leaves @NO and SEA.

We both lost to Indy, and that SEA game in week 2 can be made up in week 14. So its all going to come down to the road games in the south. Can we beat the Saints, and can Seattle beat the Falcons on the road? The Falcons will be the easier matchup, so SEA has an advantage.

It should be a close finish. We MUST take home field from them, or its a lost season. Theres no winning up in SEA. We need an upset from someone like the Giants.

Yeah you never know. The Giants could maybe beat them. They sometimes play well and have Eli. Not this year but they have talent. Atlanta despite their bad record I think will be a tough game for Seattle.

Tie should go to the reigning div champion
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think 13-3 gets us the division.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 24, 2013 at 1:38 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think 13-3 gets us the division.

Where are you seeing 2 or maybe 3 more losses for Seattle?

Tie should go to the reigning div champion

Should or whatever I don't know? But what really is the tiebreaker in this scenario? Anybody know?
Share 49ersWebzone