Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 671 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS NEW ORLEANS SAINTS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 11)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by maporsche:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
That call made me very angry. YOU CAN'T just make up rules midngame because a hit was too hsrd on a 160 pound weakling. Get these sissy qbs out of here already they are killing our game. That ref should be shot.

I thought his head was going to come off. If this were 10 years ago it'd be on the ESPN highlight reel.

Why is it that every NFL fan wants more hits like this, but the NFL is doing everything it can to take them away.

Because if you knock out these pretty boy qbs no one would watch. Like how no one cares abiut GB anymore since rogers is out.

Its sad really. I feel bad for brooks. He did nothing wrong there and cost his team the game.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
How does a 6"3 player go low on a 5"11 qb? Then he'd get flagged for hittting the knees. The tules are so convoluded and confusing refs make it up as they go along.

There's a 4 foot space between the knees and the neck area is all I'm saying.

Again, I think it's a BS call, but I also think that MAYBE in that situation the DEF player could make a better (safer) choice.
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by maporsche:
I thought his head was going to come off. If this were 10 years ago it'd be on the ESPN highlight reel.

Why is it that every NFL fan wants more hits like this, but the NFL is doing everything it can to take them away.

Because the NFL is facing a lot of flak for player safety, the concussionCTE issue is causing a lot of problems for the NFL

Yup. But I don't think you can get a concussion or develop CTE in your neck. lol. Terrible call by the refs.
Originally posted by matt49er:
‏@TaylorPrice491m
Kaepernick: "We have six more to go. We can still finish 12-4."

Only if you start playing like an NFL QB
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for linkboy.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Yup. But I don't think you can get a concussion or develop CTE in your neck. lol. Terrible call by the refs.

No, but you can get a concussion from the force of your helmet smacking into the ground (which is how Davis got his last week).

No justifying the call (it was bogus), but that's why the NFL is enforcing the game like that.
[ Edited by linkboy on Nov 17, 2013 at 6:22 PM ]
Originally posted by maporsche:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
How does a 6"3 player go low on a 5"11 qb? Then he'd get flagged for hittting the knees. The tules are so convoluded and confusing refs make it up as they go along.

There's a 4 foot space between the knees and the neck area is all I'm saying.

Again, I think it's a BS call, but I also think that MAYBE in that situation the DEF player could make a better (safer) choice.

He's going full speed and brees is a shifty little s**t. Adjust his body and brees squirts away and makes big play.

Brooks did nothing wrong. People like jonothin martin and his legal team and his supporters are the thpe of people that did this to the nfl.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
"@MaioccoCSN: Jim Harbaugh said he talked to Eric Mangini on the headsets before the two first-half challenges."

can we fire him now? I mean, there is a reason dude didn't make it as a Head Coach...or has asked to be brought back to Head Coach. Just seems like bad luck, on top of giving horrible advice.

passing the buck Harbaugh makes to many decisions based on emotion.

And WTF is he doing right now to separate himself as a HC? I f**king hate roman, and i really like Harbaugh, but the offensive and coaching performances of this team fall squarely on Harbaughs shoulders. He needs to wake the f**k up, quickly. It doesnt take a HC of the year to figure out what is wrong with this f**king offense.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,847
Originally posted by maporsche:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
That call made me very angry. YOU CAN'T just make up rules midngame because a hit was too hsrd on a 160 pound weakling. Get these sissy qbs out of here already they are killing our game. That ref should be shot.

I thought his head was going to come off. If this were 10 years ago it'd be on the ESPN highlight reel.

Why is it that every NFL fan wants more hits like this, but the NFL is doing everything it can to take them away.

Say goodbye to the NFL as we know it.

Say hello to the Cuddle & Fondle League -- (tap on butt = tackle, tap on cup = sack, tongue 2 tongue action is legal only at half time)
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Because if you knock out these pretty boy qbs no one would watch. Like how no one cares abiut GB anymore since rogers is out.

Its sad really. I feel bad for brooks. He did nothing wrong there and cost his team the game.

Good points. I feel bad for him too. That's a tough spot to be in the locker room I imagine.
Brooks is going to get a huge fine for his comments. But I'm glad he spoke his mind anyway.
I hope Brees wakes up tomorrow with his head up his ass to empathize with that ref.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Brooks is going to get a huge fine for his comments. But I'm glad he spoke his mind anyway.

ahmad brooks has been our defensive mvp this season
Originally posted by SFrush:
Brooks is going to get a huge fine for his comments. But I'm glad he spoke his mind anyway.

Where? Where? Twitter?
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
If the slant or screen is not called and there is no one running those routes how does Kap make a play on one of those? It's not on Kap when you have a situation like that, it's on Roman or the putrid pass blocking..Alexis is 2 of 9 right now with a couple of sacks..yeah he's playing lights out and 7 down..gimme a break with this smith BS man..

You do know there's these things called audibles, that allow the QB to change the play at the line of scrimmage, which also, change the routes that WR's run.

If Colin is having issues reading the defense, he's either

A) Not going to audible into a play that can counter that play (aka changing to a slant play)

or

B) Stick with the original play

Being able to read a defense is something that comes with experience, something Alex has and something Colin is gaining.

Have you been reading this year how Harbs/roman give him 2 plays to choose from, that is al, and that they have squashed his options down to what they think is best to not LOSE the game? Now, since I'm not in the room when they talk I don't know this for a fact but others in the reporting community think they do..

Soo what does he do then, how can he audible out to something that will work? Man I was so happy when I say that first successful screen and then a slant, and then no more..idiots. What is going on in these coaches heads? Pretty sure they be running on real scared now coz the season is/has slipped away and the expectations were sky high..sighhh ~Niners!!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He's going full speed and brees is a shifty little s**t. Adjust his body and brees squirts away and makes big play.

Brooks did nothing wrong. People like jonothin martin and his legal team and his supporters are the thpe of people that did this to the nfl.

lol That's ridiculous
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone