There are 223 users in the forums

Jerry Rice says "the Niners are struggling."

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Missing pass rusher due to addiction and possible drug use? Missing #1 & #2 receiver and an inability to make up for it? A significant portion of the draft class still recovering from injuries sustained in college? Reverting back to an offense we, arguably, didn't intend on using? Yeah. That's struggling. At least compared to the last two seasons.

But we're 3-2. Ended the season of a playoff caliber team. And we're done with the most difficult stretch of the season with the arrow pointing up.
link
hey jerry! you're not wrong, you're just an a*****e!
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Ya.. if Jerry said that I don't know what he is thinking. The games we won were not in question games. The Colts game could have and should have been won. The Seaturds game is the only one we really had no shot. So we should be 4 - 1.

This...the 49ers are FAR closer to being 4-1 than 1-4. If Roman hadn't been a potato and gone away from the running game, 49ers probably would have won that game. I think injuries have been brutal but this team is holding it together admirably, especially now that the coaching staff has corrected some of their ridiculous playcalling from early in the season.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Missing pass rusher due to addiction and possible drug use? Missing #1 & #2 receiver and an inability to make up for it? A significant portion of the draft class still recovering from injuries sustained in college? Reverting back to an offense we, arguably, didn't intend on using? Yeah. That's struggling. At least compared to the last two seasons.

But we're 3-2. Ended the season of a playoff caliber team. And we're done with the most difficult stretch of the season with the arrow pointing up.

This. Realistically, 49ers have the Saints and Seahawks as their toughest remaining opponents and a lot of flawed teams with weaker defenses that hopefully this offense is able to devour.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
hey jerry! you're not wrong, you're just an a*****e!

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
he must have missed the last two games.
It seems like our boy Jerry is finally showing signs of concussion after many years of playing football. He took too much hits on the head.
i dont know where he said this but in all honesty i always thought rice was a piss poor analyst not unlike emmitt smith. sometimes the greatest players of all time arent the best analysts of all time.
Originally posted by crabman82:
i dont know where he said this but in all honesty i always thought rice was a piss poor analyst not unlike emmitt smith. sometimes the greatest players of all time arent the best analysts of all time.

Ok I shall try once again.

Jerry Rice did not say we stink.

He said we are struggling.

EXACTLY WHAT YOU ALL HAVE BEEN SAYING....BUT MOST SAID WE STINK, YES STINK, AS OF TWO WEEKS AGO.

And you call Jerry Rice an idiot and tell him to f....off?

Really?

Glad you like that crack you're smoking.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you telling Rice to f.....off are 11?
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Ok I shall try once again.

Jerry Rice did not say we stink.

He said we are struggling.

EXACTLY WHAT YOU ALL HAVE BEEN SAYING....BUT MOST SAID WE STINK, YES STINK, AS OF TWO WEEKS AGO.

And you call Jerry Rice an idiot and tell him to f....off?

Really?

Glad you like that crack you're smoking.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you telling Rice to f.....off are 11?

I think people are criticizing him because he claimed that the 49ers could easily be 1-4 when they've completely demolished two teams and beat down a third in Green Bay. That claim is absolutely ridiculous and completely detached from reality. Yes the 49ers are struggling, when your team is missing several All-Pro players, that tends to happen, but they are not nearly as bad off as he made it sound.
  • 5FDP
  • Veteran
Regardless if he said it or not, after what Jerry has given to this franchise, he's earned the right to express his opinion.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think people are criticizing him because he claimed that the 49ers could easily be 1-4 when they've completely demolished two teams and beat down a third in Green Bay. That claim is absolutely ridiculous and completely detached from reality. Yes the 49ers are struggling, when your team is missing several All-Pro players, that tends to happen, but they are not nearly as bad off as he made it sound.

Finally someone intelligent.

I respectfully disagree sir to an extent. With a few very simple mistakes that almost happened we could easily have let GB grab it, and lost one more.

Jerry Rice knows what it is like to dominate.

He is just saying we have work to do and the line in the sand is thin.

That is why for yet another reason he will always be the greatest ever.

We have work to do. And it doesn't take much for us to be 1-4 when you watch those games.

You want a Superbowl?

Separate yourselves.
Originally posted by susweel:
he must have missed the last two games.

yeah i dont know why anyone cares what he thinks? he's not an "expert"
Share 49ersWebzone