There are 154 users in the forums

Jerry Rice says "the Niners are struggling."

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Obviously.

1. Major injuries.
2. Major injuries.
3. Young star in rehab.
4. Questionable play calling for a few games,
5. Having to adjust how they play on both sides of the ball due to the injuries and rehab.
6. Not so major but debilitating injuries.
7. Fixing special teams with money and adding defense and a solid TE only to find your great WR core entering the season is not on the field.

No this isn't a draft problem, or an "our staff is stupid" problem, or a "they can't evaluate talent" problem, or a "Cam Newton would save the day" thing, or a "BJ Daniels is the next great thing and I called it cause I play fantasy football" retardation.

I think it is a lot more complex than that.

The way I see it this team was put together to win the Bowl this year and unexpected things have happened.
You mentioned injuries 3 times, are you as drunk as I am?

This thread wont end well, if its not locked up in half an hour.

Put up a link where the GOAT said that, it would help.

Um, and, 3-2 one game out of first, sure our passing game is stuggling, but the OL, the D, and the RB play have been great. Struggling? With a winning record? No, the Giants are struggling, you watching the game?

Everyone in the NFL is paid a good pile of money to be better than the guy across from them, 3-2, instead of 5-0? It sucks, but those guys get paid just as much.
jerry said we could easily be 1-4....

i think he's been smoking the crack pipe

we destroyed two teams in a row and handled the packers even though it wasn't easy. don't know what jerry is smokin
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

we destroyed two teams in a row and handled the packers even though it wasn't easy. don't know what jerry is smokin

Yes, I disagree with him.

Most of these vets have been away from the game for so long, and the game has changed so much since they played I don't put much value into their opinion.

Ya.. if Jerry said that I don't know what he is thinking. The games we won were not in question games. The Colts game could have and should have been won. The Seaturds game is the only one we really had no shot. So we should be 4 - 1.
What do you want 16-0, every team goes through ups and downs. Injuries are part of the game. The 49ers are fine.
jerry is right, we will struggle against really good teams because of WR and absense of pass rusher cause aldon is gone.
SHOULDA won the Colts game... COULDA been 4-1... WOULDA led to a tie for 1st place!

Jerry just needs to go hit up a massage parlor and clear his mind.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
i am so sick of jerry rice this and jerry rice that. he wants to come back and be a mentor, we are struggling blah blah. we have two losses,, jerry rice and jesus christ would not have allowed us the chance to win the hawk game and the coaches were responsible for the colts fiasco. since then they have righted the ship,,, everyone else has injuries so I am sick of that excuse and yes,, i am sick of jerry rice who is the only x niner out there running around trying to make himself relevant
So now jerry doesn't know what he's talking about....that's what some are believing?
If Jerry wants to come back and coach receivers, fine. If not, he should shut the f**k up.
IBTL...

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
IBTL...

that picture has nothing to do with the fact i wish he would just shut up
Share 49ersWebzone