LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

PFT REPORT: Frank Gore Angry At Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Um Gore and Hunter Had 4 carries between them in the second half and we were only down by 3. So we did stop running. Gore had 67 yards in the first Quarter we had only 3 runs in the 2nd quarter and one of those was by Boobie Dixon. Terrible game plan and play calling.

i have yet to see anyone try to defend the coaches decision to run away from the run,, even pure JH bathwater drinkers should be upset with that s**t. go away from the only thing that worked. then you roll out the shock and awe when we are third and long all the god damn time. i am never one for a divided house but if the reports are true,, i am glad gore is pissed and he should go off and make it public in my opinion. what is Jh going to do? pull the jacobs stunt on gore and suspend him? we all know how that would go down
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dmax:
U go back to what got u to the dance...power running. .WC offense. .harbaugh is so damn arrogant

a dips**t may be a better term for he and his fat henchman roman in this area
Originally posted by pdizo916:
This team use to be physical. I don't know what happened to the team.....

They still are. Its still there identity. Coaching, gameplan, and playcalling is forcing them to be something else entirely.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by dmax:
U go back to what got u to the dance...power running. .WC offense. .harbaugh is so damn arrogant

a dips**t may be a better term for he and his fat henchman roman in this area

Ted Robinson said it on KNBR this morning.......Harbaugh looks to be asking Kaepernick to be Tom Brady....be successful with no-name receivers (w/exception to Boldin). Needed to stick to the run game because that was working, gave the niners the only TD they had.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by robniner:
And where is this offense plan because right now our approach sucks.

Mangini must have said pass the ball on a regular basis.
We had 23 rushes and 27 passes. I mean s**t you guys act like the ratio was 5 to 1.

Which one was actually working? 7+ yards a carry for gore. The colts are aweful at stopping the run. We could have likely won the game and never even attempt a pass. And are Kaps rushing attempts combined into that figure?
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Um Gore and Hunter Had 4 carries between them in the second half and we were only down by 3. So we did stop running. Gore had 67 yards in the first Quarter we had only 3 runs in the 2nd quarter and one of those was by Boobie Dixon. Terrible game plan and play calling.

i have yet to see anyone try to defend the coaches decision to run away from the run,, even pure JH bathwater drinkers should be upset with that s**t. go away from the only thing that worked. then you roll out the shock and awe when we are third and long all the god damn time. i am never one for a divided house but if the reports are true,, i am glad gore is pissed and he should go off and make it public in my opinion. what is Jh going to do? pull the jacobs stunt on gore and suspend him? we all know how that would go down

the only reasonable excuse would be that we'd be trying to "save him" for a thursday game.... but even if that were the case, isn't that why we carry so many RB's?
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

They still are. Its still there identity. Coaching, gameplan, and playcalling is forcing them to be something else entirely.

Injuries are going to take its toll. Willis and Aldon is out indefinitely. Davis is out Thursday, most likely.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by robniner:
And where is this offense plan because right now our approach sucks.

Mangini must have said pass the ball on a regular basis.
We had 23 rushes and 27 passes. I mean s**t you guys act like the ratio was 5 to 1.

Which one was actually working? 7+ yards a carry for gore. The colts are aweful at stopping the run. We could have likely won the game and never even attempt a pass. And are Kaps rushing attempts combined into that figure?

Running would have definitely created passing opportunities. Would have given the D a rest. The colts beat us at our own game.
Originally posted by 1swift:
I remember when this board used to have a good laugh at other teams boards imploding with completely illogical nonsense after losses. Now, here we are. 3 games removed from the Superbowl and it seems people are longing for Singletary and wanting to sit Kaep.

Clearly these last 2 weeks are an absolute embarrassment and a LOT has to be done to right the ship but do you all really believe what you're saying?

I'm not trying to dismiss this as a "little adversity" but this can be fixed.

Your new here arent you?
Originally posted by Baldie:

Injuries are going to take its toll. Willis and Aldon is out indefinitely. Davis is out Thursday, most likely.

Yes, but the oline is intact and healthy and Gore is still Gore. Injuries suck yes, but gotta move on. Im not worried about the defense, im worried about the offensive gameplans and playcalling.

If I had been the OC, I would've ran until the Colts proved they could stop it. They I would run some more on delay plays where it looked like the QB was dropping back, the line would open up lanes, and the RB would be off to the races.

CK stunk, and the play-calling was retarded as well.
Pretty sure that 23-27 run/pass ratio includes scrambles out of called pass plays. How many called runs to called passes is the number to look at and it's way out of whack.
Just looked it up, only 16 carries for running backs. UNACCEPTABLE.

In contrast, Indy ran the ball like 35 times in the game.
i think gore will be heavily featured this week against the rams. harbaugh is not a stupid man and he hates to lose at anything. after watching the film on the game and seeing gore have the kind of success he was having they cant ignore the run. especially with the lack of receivers. they will give the rams a fight this week i think. the most concerning thing to me is that they putting so much on kap's shoulders and not letting kap be kap. every game now ive seen huge running lanes for him and he doesnt take off like he wouldve last year. gore is a leader of this team and him talking out is the best thing for us right now. when he speaks, people listen.
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Pretty sure that 23-27 run/pass ratio includes scrambles out of called pass plays. How many called runs to called passes is the number to look at and it's way out of whack.

good point
Share 49ersWebzone