LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

PFT REPORT: Frank Gore Angry At Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm not going to panic until after the Rams game. If we come out play like this again, then we have serious problems.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Rascal, you called it. All week long you were saying how not to take the Colts lightly and it happened. I must also say that I also was on the trap game reminder brigade.

Honestly, what I felt before the game was the team was still grieving after the Seattle loss. I also didn't see Harbaugh rallying the troops, but only to stay cool with the usual is just another game, the next game is slways the most important game type talk. So, I just never had a positive feeling going into this game. Basically, I was daring myself to be wrong, but sometimes you just hate to be right. Sucks, man !!
We have serious problems Mayo! I commend you on being able to block it out for another week but the problems are there and there's no denying it at this point. The only positive about Thursday's game is that the Rams are playing piss poor too. Going to be a question of which team wants it less. So far, outside of week one neither team looks like a team that expects to win.
We need to play Boldin and Baldwin on the outside and Patton in the slot. We need to get back to power running with Gore and Hunter with Kap under center. The gimmick plays are not working, teams watched how Seattle played us and are using that game as a blue print for their defense. I love Gore, and hope with him speaking up, that Harbaugh listens. Drastic changes need to be made!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:
We have serious problems Mayo! I commend you on being able to block it out for another week but the problems are there and there's no denying it at this point. The only positive about Thursday's game is that the Rams are playing piss poor too. Going to be a question of which team wants it less. So far, outside of week one neither team looks like a team that expects to win.

I hear you.
i just hope harbaugh and baalke dont trade gore for a 7th...
i bet the Rams are licking their chops right about now.
Originally posted by 5timechamps:

the rams can lick a nut sack
Originally posted by robniner:
I just checked out PFT and I stumble upon this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/22/report-frank-gore-angry-at-jim-harbaugh/

This better get fixed soon. Could be one part of a major problem involving the line, the offensive gameplan, and showcasing Kaep a bit too much.

I wish posters would dig a little deeper than that gossip rag called PFT. Whenever I see someone referencing PFT, I sense they are merely a casual fan. The story actually came from a local beat writer (Kevin Lynch of the San Francisco Chronicle reported Gore was angry and "had choice words for Harbaugh near the end of the game, as (he) was heading out to the field.".). That could mean anything. Whether or not that means he is actually angry with Harbaugh in a broader sense is unknown.
[ Edited by Thunderthighs on Sep 23, 2013 at 8:59 AM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by 5timechamps:

the rams can lick a nut sack

LOL

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
7+ Yards per rush? Let's take you out of the game and throw with CK who has been horrendous all day. Gore has every right to be FURIOUS.

the clock said nothing wrong, i stand by gore. roman and JH love to run away from the run esp, when it is working
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Originally posted by 1swift:
I remember when this board used to have a good laugh at other teams boards imploding with completely illogical nonsense after losses. Now, here we are. 3 games removed from the Superbowl and it seems people are longing for Singletary and wanting to sit Kaep.

Clearly these last 2 weeks are an absolute embarrassment and a LOT has to be done to right the ship but do you all really believe what you're saying?

I'm not trying to dismiss this as a "little adversity" but this can be fixed.

You just don't come around often enough. This team could win 10 straight games and after the firs loss people would be complaining. This is Niner Talk, its what it does.

Most accurate comment in this thread.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i would trade roman for a 7th. would have done it for a 6th after the super bowl last year but his stock has actually went down, if that is possible
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

i would trade roman for a 7th. would have done it for a 6th after the super bowl last year but his stock has actually went down, if that is possible

At this rate you'd have to throw in one of our draft picks to get someone to take him....
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'm not going to panic until after the Rams game. If we come out play like this again, then we have serious problems.

I admire your optimism, mayo. The good news is they also haven't been playing all that well. But, I think Jeff Fisher's theme/speech to his guys all week will be "to kick them while they are down". I doubt they will need much motivation neither after watching our tapes from the past 2 weeks.

If you ask me, I think we might just lose again and if we lose this game, I think we will also lose to the Texans the week after. In other words, our next win might not come until the Cards game. I just feel right now we are totally out of sync, plus our mental game is in shambles. Even if we can beat the Rams, I think we will still lose to the Texans. They are just too good to us right now. They have faster and more powerful backs in Foster and Tate and better receivers in Johnson and Hopkins, that's before we talk about their D and pass rush.
Share 49ersWebzone