LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 373 users in the forums

Regarding other teams targeting Kaep to injure him this year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Gonna be interesting to see how the NFL officiates hits on the QB when they run the read-option. I really don't think they're just going to let defenders crush the QB. The NFL is a business and QBs are the biggest stars. They've protected them with rules many times before.

Once the read-option hand off is completed, they should not be able to hit the QB. No different from a standard run play. Defenders currently are not allowed to hit the QB on a run play even if it looks like play-action , so why allow them to crush the QB if he doesn't keep the ball on a read-option?

It's supposed to depend on the quarterback's "posture".

NFL rules are completely ambiguous. How can it be defined what a quarterbacks "posture" is? What does that even mean? No matter what the quarterback "looks like", he can hand the ball off or pull it back at any time, so what difference does it make what his "posture" looks like? Unbelievably stupid. It's like the rules were written by 2nd graders.

Agree with this. Like many NFL rules, there is too much grey area. Impossible to have games that are officiated consistently when each ref interprets or enforces rules differently. It's basically a coin flip whether or not a penalty gets called in this situation. No method to the madness.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Agree with this. Like many NFL rules, there is too much grey area. Impossible to have games that are officiated consistently when each ref interprets or enforces rules differently. It's basically a coin flip whether or not a penalty gets called in this situation. No method to the madness.

I remember the Rams-Redskins game where the Rams basically went Street Fighter mode and pummeled RG3 like crazy, so so many late hits, no flags to be found anywhere, mind you it was the replacement refs, but still it was pretty ridiculous. Seeing as we have more and more of these super athletic QB's coming into the NFL, I think eventually the rules will be adjusted to specifically protect them, NFL knows who butters their toast, Brady and Manning and disappearing, they've got to protect their next generation of passers.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Agreed, it's time to play like trailer trash.

hAHAHAHAHAHA I JUST s**t ALL OVER MY f**kING BALLS!!!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I remember the Rams-Redskins game where the Rams basically went Street Fighter mode and pummeled RG3 like crazy, so so many late hits, no flags to be found anywhere, mind you it was the replacement refs, but still it was pretty ridiculous. Seeing as we have more and more of these super athletic QB's coming into the NFL, I think eventually the rules will be adjusted to specifically protect them, NFL knows who butters their toast, Brady and Manning and disappearing, they've got to protect their next generation of passers.

Yup. Eventually the NFL will make adjustments to the rules. They have to make sure their future MVPs aren't getting maimed.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Got to catch him to hurt him.
Yep. Ive been saying if they start to borderline hits on QBs then the olines and RB will start to make them pay.
It will go like this
week 1 the D lays a few cheap shots with no flags, a fight breaks out.
Week 2 NFL cracks down hard on those hits.
Yep. Ive been saying if they start to borderline hits on QBs then the olines and RB will start to make them pay.
It will go like this
week 1 the D lays a few cheap shots with no flags, a fight breaks out.
Week 2 NFL cracks down hard on those hits.
Like I said in another thread; any team that talks like this targeting thing and taking hits after Kap has log handed off the ball and is faking a run..Then the Niner D takes out their QB and has been said here, take out the d linemen..screw these ahos, let them pay. What like the Niner Oline can't take care of Kap? Let em loose..Kill them all, let God sort it out..NINERS!!!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Clay is going to get punched in his big awesome face.

And realize that our o-line is the greatest.

Like Ever.

Throughout time.

He's going to have such a bad day that he will have to go to his man cave. Even that won't make him feel..............

better.

pretty tough to hit the qb from the ground, puny ass linebacker

This is awesome!!
They should replay this video on the scoreboard throughout the entire game. While on the ground, Iupati should have said "You know, THIS pose would make for an awesome Fathead!" Another great video would be of the one where clay ran one way, Kap ran the other way to score a touchdown. clay didn't even know where the ball was. clay is just angry because he was made to look like such a fool.
[ Edited by JimA49ers on Sep 5, 2013 at 6:10 AM ]
Okay, so this post started out pretty extreme, but much like Bluto Blutarski in Animal House...the kid has a point. Sure its a little mental, but it is up to the O-line to police the Defense. Back in the day, Bill Walsh use a chop block and sweep early and often to set the tone. The Niners were considered to be quite dirty by Defensive linemen, and I personally feel the Niners success was the main reason the chop block was banned from use in the NFL.

Since the Chop has been banned it seems like the NFL rules committee has taken on the role of policing the Defensive Linemen. They have reduced the options for leveling a QB to pretty much a friendly bear hug, and a hand shake. This is why I find it odd that the rules committee has decided to make this "clarification" regarding hitting a QB who is executing a fake. You can't tackle a RB who is executing a fake on a play action pass, it is generally called as defensive holding. A player, who is executing a fake is an eligible receiver, and is accorded a level of protection. If the defender arrives at the time of the fake on a play action and lights up a running back, there is no call. If the defender lights up the running back 2-3 steps after the fake has occurred, then he is protected.

If the officials do not use this same criteria in the read option set, it as if the NFL is saying they do not want this kind of exciting high scoring offense in the professional game. I am operating under the assumption that they do. If by some crazy chance the NFL wants to see the wearer of the most popular jersey driven from the game, and have allowed an open season on Kaep, well then I say we go full retard and take out the referees!

I kinda think Harbaugh is paranoid with Kaep's health.... Little reps in preseason, Changing his his jersey because a player got close to him in practice and now going to the league officials for trash talk. I understand how important Kaep is to our team but "come on Bro" this is football.. Kaep is no pu**y....Thats why he lift all them weights.... but I'm guesing its also a concern because he wants to make sure the playing field is level as between Kaep and Peyton or Brady and that he would be rewarded the same protection.
Unless our game plan sucks, and Green Bay is hiding some monster in their closet, I don't see them even competing. They'll go for the big play early, picking on Read. If the defense shuts them down early and we get ahead, the game is the Niner's to lose. The Packers aren't built for smash mouth football and it's going to be a tough game for them... The tougher team almost always wins in these situations.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Bro, it's time to switch to decaf.

Kaep is a big dude. I've seen him play with a mean streak at times. You are either the hammer or the nail you choose which. Don't make it pleasant to hit you, lower your boom and hit back.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by 49erWay:
A lot of talk from a few teams like Green Bay (Clay Mathews) and Seattle making it loud and clear they are going to try and hurt Kaep and take him out of the game.

Harbaugh has gone to the league with the issue, because its real.

Fine.

I say we turn the Oline loose and start breaking as many legs as we can right out of the gate. Let them fine us. Big deal.

Most importantly, end the careers of as many of these loud mouthed punk Seahawks the entire country now despises, and their punk fan base.

Then win the Superbowl. Some years require a little....punch. As seen when Kevin Gogan was wiping out people who went punk.

I want to see 30 point victories and entire defenses taken out.

Punks

Yeah, break some legs!! Especially Buffalo since they're huge rivals.

BUFFALO!
Share 49ersWebzone