LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Practice Squad

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by xcfan:
thank gm baalke. he picks weak, undersized guys that get walked back into the pocket (bykowski, kilgore, person, slowey) or guys with lead feet (omameh, looney).

He also picked Iupati, A. Davis, and signed Goodwin. What a huge shock late round talent / undrafted talent didn't all turn out to be pro bowlers.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by buck:
That's Alex fault. He told Reid to get him to be his new D Love

Am I missing something? I thought Gray was picked up by Cleveland, and by rule was put on their 53-man roster.

No I missed something. KC got everyone else I lost track and figured they got Gray as well. OOPS!

Stuff gets confusing. I checked. Gary is not on Cleveland's practice squad. He is on their 53-man roster, at least according to this.

Seventh-round pick Marcus Cooper did not pass through waivers and will join the Kansas City Chiefs' 53-man roster, the Sacramento Bee reported. The same for tight end MarQueis Gray, who is headed to Cleveland.

,http://sfo.scout.com/2/1321912.html

They stole Harbaugh's idea of using Gray as a TE. Stop copying us.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Yeah Luke Marquardt looks like a total beast. I want him to be our back up tackle when he gets healthy.
He is the anti-Bykowski.

let's cross our fingers. luke looks the part, but i've only seen him play against 6-1 225 lb d-ends, so, who knows what he's going to do when he faces the real deal.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
glad we kept Bykowski and Morris.

the only way bykowski ever becomes a playmaker is if he takes PEDs. by nfl standards, he's small and soft--he looks like a big, corn-fed WOMAN.

we don't need backup Tackles to be "playmakers" we need him to be a solid blocker. He cant be any worse than Looney who is fat, slow, and unproven.

Our O-line depth is very weak this year.

Aside from the upgrade of Snyder, How is it any different than last year?
we don't need backup Tackles to be "playmakers" we need him to be a solid blocker. He cant be any worse than Looney who is fat, slow, and unproven.

thank gm baalke. he picks weak, undersized guys that get walked back into the pocket (bykowski, kilgore, person, slowey) or guys with lead feet (omameh, looney).

And Iupati. And Davis. And ...
Originally posted by English:

And Iupati. And Davis. And ...

So is Baalke responsible for us having the very best OL in the game? Shame on him for those awful late round picks and undrafted free agents not named Boone or Kilgore
  • GORO
  • Veteran
omameh to PS? baalke and o-line coach really aren't very sharp when it comes to talent--let's be honest. even bykowski isn't worth developing--he's way too undersized and weak; unlike staley, he's a former TE who is not very athletic, so there's nothing to make up for the lack of size and explosiveness.

but, the omameh move is just idiotic. he is beyond a stiff.
PROFOOTBALL FOCUS GAME REVIEW: SF VS SD

What makes it remarkable is how they've found talent not just in the first round, but also through undrafted free agency with a gem like Alex Boone they developed into one of the best right guards in the league.

Could Patrick Omameh be in line to follow him? He had a quiet day in pass protection, giving up just two hurries on 33 run blocking situations while he was at times dominant in the run game. If you don't believe it, look at the movement he got on Logan Harrell with 5:26 to go in the game, or how he manhandled Frank Beltre with 12:01 to go in the first half.

Time will tell, but it's worth keeping an eye on where he ends up.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Cooper >> Brock

Agree with this, never understood what Fangio sees in Brock.
Originally posted by GORO:
Cooper >> Brock

Agree with this, never understood what Fangio sees in Brock.

Don't know how we can say that. I was hoping Cooper would make the roster, but he has to earn it by making plays. Brock outplayed him. I didn't see anything from Cooper, or even Gray, to warrant keeping them over Brock/Celek.
DL Mike Purcell to practice squad 6 of 8

S Mike Thomas 7 of 8? CJ gonna be mad bro
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Sep 1, 2013 at 2:56 PM ]
S Mike Thomas 7 of 8?

Yep, one spot left...
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
S Mike Thomas 7 of 8?

Yep, one spot left...

Nate Davis perhaps?
So whats the list so far on our practice squad?
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Don't know how we can say that. I was hoping Cooper would make the roster, but he has to earn it by making plays. Brock outplayed him. I didn't see anything from Cooper, or even Gray, to warrant keeping them over Brock/Celek.

Every time I saw Brock he was tackling a guy he allowed to get open. Cooper I did not see or hear his name much but he must have been playing well. Sometimes players are not given a fair chance to challenge for a roster spot. Fangio has been known to prefer veterans. Even if Carradine come of pup he will still prefer Dobbs, Tuafufu and not give the highly regarded rookie playing time.
Share 49ersWebzone