LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 416 users in the forums

Practice Squad

Shop Find 49ers gear online
First guess...some will be added to other's 53 and this is a fluid situation. But what the heck:

RB Jewel Hampton
WR Ricardo Lockette or Chuck Jacobs
TE MarQueis Gray (H-Back)
RB Jewel Hampton or FB Jason Schepler
CB Marcus Cooper
CB Darryl Morris
NT Lamar Divens (after recovery)
DE Lawrence Okoye (after recovery)
Originally posted by NCommand:
First guess...some will be added to other's 53 and this is a fluid situation. But what the heck:

RB Jewel Hampton
WR Ricardo Lockette or Chuck Jacobs
TE MarQueis Gray (H-Back)
RB Jewel Hampton or FB Jason Schepler
CB Marcus Cooper
CB Darryl Morris
NT Lamar Divens (after recovery)
DE Lawrence Okoye (after recovery)

I like, but Maiocco said expect 2 OL on the PS. Due to only 8 on active. Also Divens and Okoye I think wont be on PS week 1, so more like week 6-to 10. Not sure the rules for coming back after a settlement. They I know aren't exposed to waivers. So no team can pick Okoye from waivers. He is basically ours, unless he wants out.

I would go

RB Hampton
WR Jacobs
OT Wiggins
OT Bykowski
CB Morris or Morris or both
S Thomas or Robinson
NT Purcell
Last spot if we go one CB would be maybe Stupar if he is cut or Cam if he gets cut, I hope not, I liked what I saw from Cam.

Eventually DE Okoye.

Edit: nvm, Gray gets the last spot.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Aug 31, 2013 at 6:45 PM ]
RB Jewel Hampton
SS Trenton Robinson
FS Michael Thomas
WR Chuck Jacobs
TE MarQueis Gray
CB Marcus Cooper
OT Carter Bykowski
CB Daryl Morris

Although someone said we need 2 OL to run scout team not sure if that is true or not. If it is then I'd probably pick a OL off waivers. I'd rather move on from the OL we had this year. Not sure who I would cut in place. Maybe Morris or one of the S???
Lockette lol
Good points! I sure wouldn't put ANY of our OL on the PS. LOL. Yeah, look to the waivers if that is true...no doubt.
We'll definitely need 2 OL on the practice squad since we only carried 8 on the roster. I don't expect to keep Wiggins again , he's out of chances. Bykowski struggled, but he might be worth keeping around, add weight/strength, and try to make the team next year.
RB Jewel Hampton
WR Chuck Jacobs
TE MarQueis Gray
OT Carter Bykowski
OT (Not yet signed)
CB Marcus Cooper
CB Darryl Morris
S Michael Thomas
Good one SofaKing!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Good one SofaKing!

Thanks, bud!
Seahawks cut WR Chris Harper. IS PS eligible. Selected in the 4th rd 5 spots before Quinton Patton.
Round 4/123 - Chris Harper, WR, 6-1, 233, Kansas State...A big receiver with strong hands who has been compared with Anquan Boldin. Harper was a former quarterback turned receiver.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1620463/chris-harper
http://www.fieldgulls.com/nfl-draft/2013/4/27/4275104/nfl-draft-results-seahawks-chris-harper-in-the-4th

Originally posted by maxsmart:
Seahawks cut WR Chris Harper. IS PS eligible. Selected in the 4th rd 5 spots before Quinton Patton.
Round 4/123 - Chris Harper, WR, 6-1, 233, Kansas State...A big receiver with strong hands who has been compared with Anquan Boldin. Harper was a former quarterback turned receiver.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1620463/chris-harper
http://www.fieldgulls.com/nfl-draft/2013/4/27/4275104/nfl-draft-results-seahawks-chris-harper-in-the-4th

I've had my eye on this dude. At his size, maybe he could pack on a few pounds and convert to TE/H-back hyrbrid like Delanie Walker did for us. Seahawks fans liked him, but felt he got caught up in the numbers game and never got a fair opportunity to make the 53.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Lockette lol

This. Lockette is done...done...done. Dude needs to do something else with his life.;
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Don't want to expect too much, just give me Jacobs and Gray and I will be alright.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
RB Jewel Hampton
WR Chuck Jacobs
TE MarQueis Gray
OT Carter Bykowski
OT (Not yet signed)
CB Marcus Cooper
CB Darryl Morris
S Michael Thomas

+1. Please tell me nobody picks up either Cooper or Morris to be a part of their 53. Looks like they have a lot of potential - especially Cooper. He's that big type of CB with some speed and it looks like he covers well...he's also smart to be hanging around Nnamdi and picking up tricks of the trade.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Lockette lol

This. Lockette is done...done...done. Dude needs to do something else with his life.;

Most likely but you can't throw out the Kaep-factor.
Share 49ersWebzone