LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

ESPN Predicts....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by natrone06:
Sando is a seahawks homer blah blah blah. Be better then that fans!

He's admitted it, he even lives up there. -Road the Raiders bandwagon growing up until it fell apart, now all he covers is Seattle, this is why ESPN is looking for a full-timer to cover the 49ers blog/coverage.
EVERYONE is picking the Seahawks to win the division. I think we're too good a team for it to be a landslide like this. The Seahawks have got to be the most overrated team in football right now.

There seems to be this misconception that Wilson is more of a pocket passer than Kap. I don't see it that way. Watching clips of these guys, Wilson scrambles far more often. It's not even close. I still give Wilson credit because he scrambles to buy time and throw, but Kap throws from the pocket with more regularity and is more effective running for positive yardage.

The Seahawks O-line is not good. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Sweezy and Giacomini get beat like drums on a consistent basis, and McQuistan is a below average starter as well. This weakness is mitigated a bit because of Wilson's scrambling ability, but eventually they will be exploited. Justin and Aldon are healthy again. I'm going to have a ton of fun watching them rip this line to shreds just like Game 1 last year.

You can run on the Seahawks. They allowed 4.5 yards per carry last year, good for 23rd in the NFL. They're soft up the middle. We're #1 in the league rushing up the middle. I see a big advantage here.

Where is the pass rush going to come from? Clemons is coming off a serious injury. Avril is struggling with a bum hamstring. Irvin is suspended the first few games.

Forgive me if I'm not afraid of perpetual underachiever Golden Tate, always injured Sidney Rice, and underutilized Zach Miller.

I don't see these kind of holes with the 49ers. I'm tired of people calling the Seahawks a complete team. They're not. They are a team with a significant home field advantage that inflates their W-L record, and merely a decent team on the road. We will win the division because we're the better team. All the hype will die down when the real games start, and the 49ers will remind everyone they're still Kings of the NFC West.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
I only know how to photoshop. Does anyone know how to alter GIF files?

I want to put the faces of 49er players on this whenever ESPN gives some time of partial prognostication

lmao!!! teach me your ways..
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Disp:
Who cares? All ESPN is trying to do is rustle some people so they get site hits. I would say the 49ers go 0-16 or worse though.

Seahawk fan?
Yeah ESPN has been sucking off Seattle's balls for a minute now. Every 5 minutes, its about Richard Big Mouth Sherman, AROD, Lebron James, RGIII, Ravens, Cowboys, etc, etc.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I forgot about Avril. Wow, those first five games for them are looking pretty scary. Three of them at 10:00 against the Panthers, Colts and Texans. And one of their home games is the Niners. I'm going to be falling out of my chair laughing if they start at 1-4 or 2-3. Of course, the NIners don't exactly have a walk in the park for their first five games. We'll see.

Yeah, all of a sudden things are not looking solid for Seattles front 4 to start the season.

Out:
Clemmons
Irvin
Avril
Hill
Williams

Questionable:
McDaniel
Mebane
Bennet

Healthy:
Bryant
O'Brien Schofield
Benson Mayowa
Scruggs
McDonald
Mike Morgan?
J. Howard?

Yikes! Some of the healthy guys may not even make teh final cuts. They have a lot of depth, but probably didn't think they'd be testing all of it right out of the chute!

Should be an interesting start to the year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Well week 2 will be a big test, to be honest 9ers always have a tough time beating Seattle at home. If we had Alex Smith I would be less worried about Seattle, dude just has their number....what its true.
We'll use it for motivation.
Yeah muthaf+*?ing right lmao!!! Until the seahawks prove it next year I'm not buying... They will be the hunted next year like we were last year when we matched the season and then some.
Wishful thinkful by Hawks homers thinking we drop 6 games this year. Seriously there aren't 6 teams better than this juggernaut we are building. We won't lose more than 4 games this season

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Well week 2 will be a big test, to be honest 9ers always have a tough time beating Seattle at home. If we had Alex Smith I would be less worried about Seattle, dude just has their number....what its true.

Not really. Since Harbs took over Alex was 3-0 against Seattle, but that doesn't tell the whole story. We won those games with Alex because the defense played lights out.

Alex had trouble moving the ball each game. Averaged 150 yards passing. Only 1 TD pass in 3 games. Only scored over 20 points once in those 3 games, and that was because of 2 TD returns from Ginn.

We got killed in the last game because our defense was tired and injured. Give Kap the kind of defensive effort we're used to and he'll truly have their number.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Not really. Since Harbs took over Alex was 3-0 against Seattle, but that doesn't tell the whole story. We won those games with Alex because the defense played lights out.

Alex had trouble moving the ball each game. Averaged 150 yards passing. Only 1 TD pass in 3 games. Only scored over 20 points once in those 3 games, and that was because of 2 TD returns from Ginn.

We got killed in the last game because our defense was tired and injured. Give Kap the kind of defensive effort we're used to and he'll truly have their number.

One other thing to consider is that Seattle was rebuilding duing these games and was generally a bad team.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Wishful thinkful by Hawks homers thinking we drop 6 games this year. Seriously there aren't 6 teams better than this juggernaut we are building. We won't lose more than 4 games this season

No kidding, we only lost 7 regular season games in the last two years, and we're going to lose 6 this year?? Give me a break.
Matt Ufford breaks down the NFC West, making quick and dirty predictions for the 2013 win totals of the Seahawks, 49ers, Rams, and Cardinals. Let's be honest: the conference's balance of power hangs in the Seahawks-Niners rivalry. SBNation's Matt Ufford looked at the over/under totals in the NFC West for the upcoming season and took a stand on where he would place his bets. The 49ers are currently set at 11.5 wins and Ufford took the under, explaining that injuries to Michael Crabtree and Mario Manningham makes them a little "thin at wide receiver" and that could leave them just shy of 12 wins. On the other hand, Ufford took the over on the Seattle Seahawks 10.5 win total projection, but "just barely." Ufford has the Seahawks finishing at 11-5. http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/28/4667518/2013-nfc-west-over-under-win-predictions-uffsides
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Aug 28, 2013 at 2:53 PM ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
f**k BSPN.
Share 49ersWebzone