LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Manningham Will Not Be Significant

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Manningham Will Not Be Significant

Originally posted by thl408:
He did win his block on a the key 3rd down conversion where it was a designed Kap bootleg (GW FG drive). Can't say the previous guy would have faired the same. He does look off though. However, SEA is a tough matchup for him since he is greatly affected by the extra holding and tugging by those DBs.

Very true...scares me how this coaching staff continues to have guys like he and (old) Kyle Williams out on the edges in clear and critical blocking assignments. Even if you had Crabtree or Boldin over there, Hawks were playing man so...? Agree on all points. Gotta get him some clean, free releases from the slot and slowly build up his helth and confidence in time for the playoffs; not out wide blocking.
ok i have to defend him on that first pass.

1st possession they went for the back shoulder throw and it would have been completed if he didn't literally get held all the way to the ground before the ball was there.

he gets a pass on that one
Mario was doing fine when he took over the #2 spot before Crab came back. He has a less involved role now and often wouldnt be the main target. Its not like Mario was ever this super receiver, he just isnt as bad as a kyle williams/ajjenkins
Originally posted by xela510:
Mario was doing fine when he took over the #2 spot before Crab came back. He has a less involved role now and often wouldnt be the main target. Its not like Mario was ever this super receiver, he just isnt as bad as a kyle williams/ajjenkins

he isn't bad at all he's being used wrong as usual

with the attention that crab and boldin demand he should be eating the middle of the field up in the slot.

instead when he comes on he's on either side and they move boldin or crab to the slot and they get to eat the middle of the field.
not that that's a bad thing but it is what it is
u guys think patton gets a few snaps if manningham is still banged up?
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
u guys think patton gets a few snaps if manningham is still banged up?

If he is inactive whoever is active for him yea for sure cause i don't thing Osgood will be out there for 3 wr sets.
hopefully he comes in hungry. this might be his only chance this year and we need as many weapons as possible if we have to go on the road to seattle in the playoffs
manningham made a nice seal block on the kaeprnick run on last drive vs seattle, where they converted on 3rd and 7
[ Edited by hofer36 on Dec 14, 2013 at 12:03 AM ]
Breakout game for Manningham coming up!!
Manningham has a knack for coming up with the big catch. His touchdown in the 2011 NFC Championship game and big play in the SB come to mind. I'm sure he's going to make a difference down the line.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Manningham has a knack for coming up with the big catch. His touchdown in the 2011 NFC Championship game and big play in the SB come to mind. I'm sure he's going to make a difference down the line.

thats why they should rest him for a couple weeks til the playoffs begin. we can get into the dance without him but we will be way more dangerous with him healthy in the playoffs.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Bingo. That's exactly why he needs to be on the field, getting his rhythm back. Along with Anquan and Crabtree, the guy is clutch!
Meh . . . not a fan. Never been. He makes a couple of plays in his career and now he's suddenly clutch? I don't think so.
Too fragile to be relied on. And when has he ever made a difference with the Niners? He's looked terrible of late too.
I hope he's inactive and Patton gets an opportunity to develop some rapport with Kaepernick before the playoffs.

Although, I must say, Kaepernick doesn't seem to be giving new guys any kind of chance to show their stuff.
It's been like . . . lets see . . . Boldin? Davis? Crabtree? . . . sack.
Share 49ersWebzone