There are 283 users in the forums

Manningham Will Not Be Significant

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Manningham Will Not Be Significant

You could easily see it coming.

Manningham is coming off a bad injury and the irony is we may actually have a stable of very talented and healthy receivers who might claim their place on the field for the duration as he is busy nursing his way back.

Manningham is quite a talent but it isn't like he's John Taylor or something.

I see Moore and Williams occupying the #2 and #3 spots.

And a rotation of Collie and Patton (with a sprinkle of Jenkins and the others) as the #3 rotation and the #4.

I think they are all playing extremely well before Manningham really has a chance to even begin to cement a presence any team is concerned over.

And when Crabtree is really ready to go the dynamics adjust some of course.

Thoughts?
[ Edited by 49erWay on Aug 15, 2013 at 1:35 PM ]
When Healthy Mannigham is the #2 WR on this team
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

This ^^^ And he would bump to 3rd when/if Crabs returns, no guarantee on it.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

When all are healthy

Crab
Rio
Boldin
KW
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

crabs boldin and hopefully patton or marlon moore, i just dont think manningham will come back as fast after such a brutal injury. i hope im wrong tho.
Here's the thing: he had more chemistry with Kap right off the bat more so than any other receiver prior to his injury and that's including Crabs. I'm looking forward to his return and hope for a full recovery
How is Marlon friggin' Moore suddenly a better player than a healthy Mario Manningham?

12 career catches for Moore. Not 112. 12.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Aug 15, 2013 at 1:56 PM ]
If he can return to the level he left off at he's easily the #2 receive [w/Crabbs still out]

However, that all depends at what level he comes back in. He had a serious injury and we'll have to see.
I agree. No guarantee that Manningham gets back to anything resembling his previous form this season. He didnt just tear his ACL, he blew out his PCL as well. That is one wrecked knee and theres zero guarantee he will ever be the same player again. Im expecting him to contribute as the #5 WR at best this year, just because he'll eventually be "healthy" doesnt mean he'll ever be the same player as he was before, which was basically a very good NFL #3 WR.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I agree. No guarantee that Manningham gets back to anything resembling his previous form this season. He didnt just tear his ACL, he blew out his PCL as well. That is one wrecked knee and theres zero guarantee he will ever be the same player again. Im expecting him to contribute as the #5 WR at best this year, just because he'll eventually be "healthy" doesnt mean he'll ever be the same player as he was before, which was basically a very good NFL #3 WR.

The Giants are still on the Terrell Thomas experiment.....still trying to make it work. A worse situation than Manningham's...

It's a real shame he not only had to miss the playoffs but perhaps no longer a lock to make the team. What did we do to deserve this loss?

It depends. If the #2 and 3 receiver are productive and we're winning, there is no reason to disrupt that chemistry. Crabtree is a different story, he is clearly our best receiver and he will start when he returns. But if a guy like Collie or Moore makes the team and are having productive years, I'm not going to bench them for Manningham.
My thoughts are this is one of the most retarded f**king polls I've ever seen. My thoughts are this thread should be locked, no points be awarded to you, and may god have mercy on your soul.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
My thoughts are this is one of the most retarded f**king polls I've ever seen. My thoughts are this thread should be locked, no points be awarded to you, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Originally posted by NickSh49:
How is Marlon friggin' Moore suddenly a better player than a healthy Mario Manningham?

12 career catches for Moore. Not 112. 12.

He had a cool catch in preseason. It was low and he somehow he caught it. He is da man.
I wouldn't say Manningham would not be significant when healthy he made clutch catches and was shifty and got 1st downs. When he returns i do see him coming in and contributing hes a good player he will only make the offense better.
Share 49ersWebzone