There are 266 users in the forums

Manningham Will Not Be Significant

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Manningham Will Not Be Significant

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
When Healthy Mannigham is the #2 WR on this team

This ^^^ And he would bump to 3rd when/if Crabs returns, no guarantee on it.
When all are healthy

Crab
Rio
Boldin
KW

Boldin wont sit behind Ham
Are you kidding with this?
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

This ^^^ And he would bump to 3rd when/if Crabs returns, no guarantee on it.
When all are healthy

Crab
Rio
Boldin
KW

Boldin wont sit behind Ham
Boldin usually is in the slot..thats why i put him in third
Keep in mind Manningham wouldn't even be here if he didn't agree to a paycut in the off-season. So it's not like his spot is etched in stone. He certainly can be a dynamic receiver, but he's injury prone. And when guys get injured for extended periods they risk losing their spot in the lineup, especially when there is little financial commitment to the player. That's how the NFL works. Manningham is not immune to it. I'd love for him to come back and be a productive player for us. But an even better scenario would be if the other guys can step up and replace him altogether, so we don't have to bank on a guy coming off a serious knee injury.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
of course this is the truth,, good god people
Bear Pascoe will overtake him.
Originally posted by cciowa:
of course this is the truth,, good god people

Yeah, I think this is kind of silly. Kaepernick will be firing darts to this guy the first time he steps on the field. I'm not sure why or how people haven't gotten it into their melons that athletes come back stronger from these kinds of injuries these days. Sports injury medicine has evolved by leaps and bounds. Manningham will come back just as quick and fast as he was before the injury and he will be a great compliment to Boldin.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Yeah, I think this is kind of silly. Kaepernick will be firing darts to this guy the first time he steps on the field. I'm not sure why or how people haven't gotten it into their melons that athletes come back stronger from these kinds of injuries these days. Sports injury medicine has evolved by leaps and bounds. Manningham will come back just as quick and fast as he was before the injury and he will be a great compliment to Boldin.

of course, i think we got guys to fill in for a few weeks, unless someone like moore or jenkins pulls a 1976 willie mcgee and comes out of nowhere to be a pure sensation. we still got the best run game in the nfl, they can get ball to playmakers like hunter, james and vernon. unlike the steve young niners of the mid to late njiners,, ck is not the best running back on our team. we will be fine and once manningham comes back, that is just gravy
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Bear Pascoe will overtake him.

It kills me that Bear Pascoe and Billy Bajema got rings before we did.
What's Manningham's status anyways? If he starts the year on PUP he has to miss the first 6 games. Could he be back before then?

Originally posted by SofaKing:
What's Manningham's status anyways? If he starts the year on PUP he has to miss the first 6 games. Could he be back before then?

The last Barrows report on him stated he was a little behind Williams on the sidelines. Williams is pretty much back, so we might see Manningham sooner than we think. But, even if he comes back early, he might not be #2. He might be #3 coming in on obvious passing formations. Personally, I'd like to see more multiple receiver formations this year and that might be one of Roman's new "wrinkles." If they were to go up to Seattle that second week and run some 3 or even 4 receiver formations, that would really throw the Seahawks a huge curve ball.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

The last Barrows report on him stated he was a little behind Williams on the sidelines. Williams is pretty much back, so we might see Manningham sooner than we think. But, even if he comes back early, he might not be #2. He might be #3 coming in on obvious passing formations. Personally, I'd like to see more multiple receiver formations this year and that might be one of Roman's new "wrinkles." If they were to go up to Seattle that second week and run some 3 or even 4 receiver formations, that would really throw the Seahawks a huge curve ball.

Cool, thanks for the update. I agree with you on Roman using multiple receiver formations. In one of his recent pressers, he mentioned that if you're on the active roster, you have a role. Nobody sits idle on the sideline. One thing I like about this receiver group is they have a diverse set of skills, which could pay dividends in down-and-distance specific situations.
Manningham has a knack for making the big play. Kaep was getting comfortable with him before the injury. He's on the injured list every season, he can't be counted on. Kaep will make the receiver, by the time Manningham is healthy it may be too late to regain is job.
This thread delivers
Funny poll
Share 49ersWebzone