LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 404 users in the forums

Lets Settle This: Who will be the #2 Receiver?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Lets Settle This: Who will be the #2 Receiver?

To be honest I haven't watched Collie play much at all. But from my limited knowledge of what he did in Indi, if he stays healthy, it seems like he could be a valid #2.
sweet! you mean harbaugh us the power to decide who's gonna be the #2 WR??? AWESOME!
All of the above. Kaep will make them better. Cuz that's what elite qb do. Make their receivers better.

Need to take AJ off as an option. He's being pummeled by the Zone right now. No one will vote for that dude.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 12, 2013 at 11:47 AM ]
Collie, probably.
Kendall Hunter
No. Im saying that likely, as soon as Collie knows all of his assignments, it will be his to lose. But we will still see a healthy rotation, and as soon as Manningham and Patton are a go, either of them have a posibility of pushing him down the depth chart. Personally at the start of camp, after Crabs went down, and before the collie signing my prediction was Patton. I still think once he is cleared he could make a strong push up the depth chart.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Aug 12, 2013 at 11:51 AM ]
It'll be Williams until Manningham returns, provided that Manningham is at full strength. I cannot imagine Collie coming in and snatching the #2 spot. If so then our WR issues are bigger than any of us think - same goes for Moore. Hindsight is always 20/20, but I wanted Jeffery, or Sanu.

Either injury or bust, WE JUST CANNOT GET A BREAK AT THE WR POSITION!!!
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
sweet! you mean harbaugh us the power to decide who's gonna be the #2 WR??? AWESOME!

YAH DUDE! TOTALLY WICKED HUH??
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
It'll be Williams until Manningham returns, provided that Manningham is at full strength. I cannot imagine Collie coming in and snatching the #2 spot. If so then our WR issues are bigger than any of us think - same goes for Moore. Hindsight is always 20/20, but I wanted Jeffery, or Sanu.

Either injury or bust, WE JUST CANNOT GET A BREAK AT THE WR POSITION!!!

I was a big Rod Streater fan when he was coming from temple. Great hands and a tough run blocker who came from a pro style offense. He woulda been perfect for our scheme, instead we went Jenkins and now Streater is competing for a starting role in Oaktown after being a top 3 Rookie WR.
WTF?! No Quinton Patton?

The guy has created no buzz because he isn't catching many passes (due to a broken finger). But he is still practicing, learning the offense, getting used to the speed of the game and playing against NFL DBs (he's got a lot of reps against our best CBs).

He is going to supprise people when he's fully healthy and able to play in games. If he is ready in time for the last 2 pre-season games, I think he will be our 2nd or 3rd WR.

I'm 100% confident that it will come down to K. Williams, Collie, or Patton.

Unfortunately, these guys are so close...it's hard to say which one would be the "best" #2. That said, I agree with qnnhan7 - Kaep will make whoever is catching the ball a better WR.

Think back, (or Google it if you're too young) Joe got the Chiefs to the AFC Championship with (almost used up) Marcus Allen , Kimble Anders (FB), Willie Davis (WR), J.J. Birden (WR), and Jonathon Hayes (TE)! Now...that was a sorry group! Kaep has a top 5 TE, top 10 RB, and some average (perhaps better with time) WRs to work with.

I'm confident that by the time Crabs is back, the division will be in the bag.
The dude everyone wanted to cut in June. (KW)
Originally posted by NickSh49:
The dude everyone wanted to cut in June. (KW)

Actually if you look back "the player the Webzone wanted to cut" covers about 98% of the team at one time or another!
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
Collie is the best option for the #2 right now. Kyle Williams can't even come close to the production Collie has produced over their careers.

How do you know what Collie is capable of here. He's not in Indi anymore. He's not playing with Manning and he hasn't even seen a football field in what a year atleast? Kyle is farther ahead in knowing the offense and has atleast had some time to establish a bit of chemistry with Kap. It doesn't really matter and that was my point. They're all slot receivers IMO. We need a solid number two to step up that can excel on the outside. Ideally it would be Jenkins, or Lockette but who knows.
Quinton Patton.

In all honesty, I don't think we'll get an answer to this question. Who was the #2 WR LAST year? It varies by formation. My answer is that there will be no concrete #2 WR and whomever lines up over there will vary by formation and situation.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 12, 2013 at 1:33 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone