LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

2013 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Game 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I asked my buddy about Smith and he said "he was ahead of his time. if he came out today, he'd be running the spread/pistol".

Interesting stuff.

that's probably true...i dunno if he'd be ballin out but it fits his skill set well.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
How do you root for an opposing player against your team? I'm simply dumbfounded by this type of stuff.

I don't get it neither. Nolan screwed up big time, needless to say he should have picked Aaron Rodgers and the rest is history.

Didn't fans root for Montana against Young when the team went to KC back in 94'?
I want to see Dorsey go home and kick Smith out of his house.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Go Alex!

vs. your own 'team'?

its preseason, these games dont count against our record

i'd still root for my team and the players I want to do well against their 1st string offense
I dont see the part where he said he wasnt rooting for his team

rooting for the opposing QB against our 'team' defense isnt rooting for the team. unless u can root for both lol

Its a preseason game dude, its not that serious
Originally posted by saj4423:

He was invisible yesterday. Ian Williams looked much better.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Didn't fans root for Montana against Young when the team went to KC back in 94'?

Rough comparison there, yo.

Still... people can root for whatever and whomever they want to. Root for who ya want, and let other pout if they must. Should be none of their business.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by saj4423:

He was invisible yesterday. Ian Williams looked much better.

I know, I was a little disappointed by that. Was glad Williams looked good.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I hope Aldon Smith lays out Alex.
This is going to be really interesting for Alex...I'm pretty sure a lot of things will be on his mind the night before this game.

He's playing in front of his new home crowd, with Harbaugh and Kaepernick watching him on the sidelines...facing a defense he's very familiar with (although this time there's real bullets flying at him.)

I wonder if JH will call a super vanilla defense against Alex, or will he mix it up a little to try and rattle the dude...

Imo, last thing you want is the dude that you booted out of town to slice up your first team defense.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Go Alex!

vs. your own 'team'?

its preseason, these games dont count against our record

i'd still root for my team and the players I want to do well against their 1st string offense
I dont see the part where he said he wasnt rooting for his team

rooting for the opposing QB against our 'team' defense isnt rooting for the team. unless u can root for both lol

Its a preseason game dude, its not that serious

it's simple. we kill the batman.

Alex won't really care. I am sure he's already over it, and regards SF with happy thoughts. Just a preseason game to work with his team and even say hello to some SF brothers. No big deal.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Alex won't really care. I am sure he's already over it, and regards SF with happy thoughts. Just a preseason game to work with his team and even say hello to some SF brothers. No big deal.

This is totally downplaying it. Things can be forgiven, but NO ONE forgets.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

it will be a big deal when Aldon is laying him out.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by susweel:

Don't underestimate the Captain Checkdown.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by susweel:

Don't underestimate the Captain Checkdown.

you're so right, how can I forget so quickly.
Share 49ersWebzone