LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

2013 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Game 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jiks
Alex 4-4 4 yards 4 FG's
GO ALEX!

I hope he balls out
How do you root for an opposing player against your team? I'm simply dumbfounded by this type of stuff.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
How do you root for an opposing player against your team? I'm simply dumbfounded by this type of stuff.

Preseason. Lots of people around here want to see Alex do well. If this was a game of any magnitude then I personally would want him to suck it up. But seeing how it's preseason and how I want the guy to do well in KC it would be nice to see him show up and play well against a stout defense. We already know our team is going to be legit, but not so sure what Alex can do. I know it may sound somewhat double crossing but again the fact that it's preseason kind of makes it a whole different story.

That being said I don't want our defense to come out and totally suck it up just for Alex to have a good day. But it would still be nice to see him show some command and show that maybe a different change of scenery is benefitting him.

And personally I know this has been discussed but I don't see the big deal in rooting for 2 teams. 49ers will always be my team, but it's kind of nice to have another team outside the division/conference I can now watch and root for.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Aug 9, 2013 at 8:56 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

I don't get it neither. Nolan screwed up big time, needless to say he should have picked Aaron Rodgers and the rest is history.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Rascal:

I don't get it neither. Nolan screwed up big time, needless to say he should have picked Aaron Rodgers and the rest is history.

Meh, if Nolan would have let Alex sit a year or two he may still have his job. I don't think many QB's would have succeeded in that environment. People tend to forget Aaron missed the playoffs his first year after the Pack were 1 play away from the SB a year prior.

But that's old news, probably not the best to turn this into one of those threads so I digress.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Meh, if Nolan would have let Alex sit a year or two he may still have his job. I don't think many QB's would have succeeded in that environment. People tend to forget Aaron missed the playoffs his first year after the Pack were 1 play away from the SB a year prior.

But that's old news, probably not the best to turn this into one of those threads so I digress.

Is very simple. Should we have picked Aaron Rodgers instead ? Simple yes and no answer. If is yes then case closed. Sitting for a year or two is no longer an excuse when we now have guys like RG3, Russell Wilson and the likes who can play right away straight out of the box.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Is very simple. Should we have picked Aaron Rodgers instead ? Simple yes and no answer. If is yes then case closed. Sitting for a year or two is no longer an excuse when we now have guys like RG3, Russell Wilson and the likes who can play right away straight out of the box.

Didn't CK sit for a year and a half though?

And no, I think our organization should have been smarter with our #1 pick and not forced him out there. Some guys are ready to take that immediate step, Alex most definitely wasn't. Neither was Kaep.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Aug 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM ]

I asked my buddy about Smith and he said "he was ahead of his time. if he came out today, he'd be running the spread/pistol".

Interesting stuff.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Go Alex!

vs. your own 'team'?

Originally posted by defenderDX:
Go Alex!

vs. your own 'team'?

its preseason, these games dont count against our record
Originally posted by valrod33:
Go Alex!

vs. your own 'team'?

i'd still root for my team and the players I want to do well against their 1st string offense
Go Alex!

vs. your own 'team'?

i'd still root for my team and the players I want to do well against their 1st string offense
I dont see the part where he said he wasnt rooting for his team
  • Jiks
Go Alex!

vs. your own 'team'?

If he comes out and plays well is that going to have any bearing on week 1? I say no. It's preseason.
Go Alex!

vs. your own 'team'?

I dont see the part where he said he wasnt rooting for his team

rooting for the opposing QB against our 'team' defense isnt rooting for the team. unless u can root for both lol
Share 49ersWebzone