LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 16)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
We needed to commit a spy to him. We didn't do that. Or our Defenders need to corral him instead of going for a tackle one at a time.

It doesn't help when the OLine is holding all game long.

FWIW, I heard Steve Young say that he loved it when a team committed one guy to be a spy for him. He said it essentially reduced the defense against him from 11 players to 10.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Hey guys...question, those playground scrambles by Wilson in the backfield pissing off Brooks so bad...were those sacks against any other standard QB?

How the hell does a team stop him from doing that. Brooks and Aldon were useless.

4-3 scheme with Larry Grant in the middle and Bowman and Willis on the outside?

It's overreaction Monday alright.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SFrush:
Hey guys...question, those playground scrambles by Wilson in the backfield pissing off Brooks so bad...were those sacks against any other standard QB?

How the hell does a team stop him from doing that. Brooks and Aldon were useless.

indeed

one bad game and they wonna change systems.
Originally posted by susweel:

indeed

What's wrong with an in-game adjustment? Apparently we didn't make any at all :)

indeed

What's wrong with an in-game adjustment? Apparently we didn't make any at all :)

Sorry, but this is one of the dumber ideas out there. Willis and Bowman are all pro ILBs. Not to mention that we had our best DL out and you want to put 2 more DL out there?
Originally posted by FourNine49:

indeed

Sorry, but this is one of the dumber ideas out there. Willis and Bowman are all pro ILBs. Not to mention that we had our best DL out and you want to put 2 more DL out there?
All pro yet Lynch rushed for 100 yds + again. Bowman and Willis must have been taking on guards all night. You guys read too literally into poster's posts. I was asking for an adjustment, something to counter Wilson's backyard scrambling. Apparently the best coaches in the world couldn't figure it out so I guess there's nothing more to say.
Originally posted by dugo:
All I can say is DAMMMM...pathetic disgusting !!! That the niners came into that game with no heart and got man handled with playoff implications on the line was so frustrating to watch ..I just gotta wonder why every three games the niners just don't lose but get there ass handed to them.There can be no excuses with QB's it happened with both. To lose is one thing but they get azz whooped..Why such a let down??
On top of that seattle is a fricken dirty playing team (which we all know) They should be really looked at by the NFL..that hit on Manningham..I totally believe was dirty and meant to hurt him..Plus all the other BS that seattle runs is taught from the top...no matter what its just a game and no one should get hurt on purpose!!

A Seattle fan sitting next to me at game even acknowledged that Seattle has a bunch of thugs who play dirty.
  • titan
  • Veteran
^ get the lead and the backyard scrambling will slow down.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran

On to the next, Nothing we say will change what happened last night.

Beat the cards and lets go minny!
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
They beat us without the heart of our D,our probowl TE,starting WR and had a player who should have been suspended score a TD and get a pick. Top that off they should have one less win thanks to the sub refs and chalk me up as not impressed.Also for those bashing Harbaugh for his "antics" it's not like Carroll does not act like a kid as well.

All pro yet Lynch rushed for 100 yds + again. Bowman and Willis must have been taking on guards all night. You guys read too literally into poster's posts. I was asking for an adjustment, something to counter Wilson's backyard scrambling. Apparently the best coaches in the world couldn't figure it out so I guess there's nothing more to say.

You asked should we change the entire defense. That's a lot more complicated than making a few adjustments for One quarterback. Plus taking two All Pro ILB's out of position to accommodate Larry Grant at MLB is borderline insane.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by Squidp:
Originally posted by Eeks:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Our recievers are dropping like flies.
Kap's getting them killed. Sucks.

Dont even try to go there. Vernon jumed for no reason making his big body defenseless and Mario bobbled the ball then took a cheap shot. Kaep double pumped cause the end was gonna jump and bat the ball

He put too much air on the pass to VD and left it short. He had to stop and go up and get it. Had he put it right on Vernon or in the end zone its a easy TD and makes it an entirely diff game at that point. The injury to MHam i cant blame him for

Honestly my first thought was Vernon jumping for no reason to basket catch. If he catches it with his hands out front, he keeps his footing and may even be able to make a move to get in the end zone. Kaeps pass was high but Davis didnt need to jump. He's just always had a tendency to do that when he doesn't need to.
I can't see how anyone didn't see how inaccurate Kap was, and also left his receivers out to dry, which led to some bad hits.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by Squidp:
Originally posted by Eeks:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Our recievers are dropping like flies.
Kap's getting them killed. Sucks.

Dont even try to go there. Vernon jumed for no reason making his big body defenseless and Mario bobbled the ball then took a cheap shot. Kaep double pumped cause the end was gonna jump and bat the ball

He put too much air on the pass to VD and left it short. He had to stop and go up and get it. Had he put it right on Vernon or in the end zone its a easy TD and makes it an entirely diff game at that point. The injury to MHam i cant blame him for

Honestly my first thought was Vernon jumping for no reason to basket catch. If he catches it with his hands out front, he keeps his footing and may even be able to make a move to get in the end zone. Kaeps pass was high but Davis didnt need to jump. He's just always had a tendency to do that when he doesn't need to.
I can't see how anyone didn't see how inaccurate Kap was, and also left his receivers out to dry, which led to some bad hits.

A receiver is vulnerable no matter what kind of throw is made. If Kaep throws a bullet to VD and he still gets KO'd, people would still blame Kaep. Putting the blame on the qb is stupid.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Karma man, karma. I'm not liking this. I expected back to back losses, we squeezed one out last week, but this is just a downright embarrassment. Kap looked bad, and rattled. The downward trend continues, with the occasional statistical anomaly like the last game.

2 good games against bad defenses.
4 bad games where our defense bailed him out.

I'm worried.

Him? Yeah the defense,run game,and special teams never bailed the other him out. Those other phases did nothing to help out the him you are referring to last night. We have a lot more crap to clean up then just having a young qb, he is hardly our biggest issue. If anyone wants to single out one player(Kaep) you picking the wrong player, it should be Rogers he has been the weak link on D all season. Freakin pathetic, he has been getting picked on like a 6th string corner. The dude has looked completely lost out there especially last night.

kapernick did nothing to lead his team to a win..willis gets pick and niners stall...3 f/g attempts rather tds...looked unpoised...and as mark purdy tweated alex smith was 4-0 vs seahawks in last 4 starts...but more fault lies with harbaugh who made panic move switching qb and trying to change offensive philosphy in middle of season for a team that was 6-2 under the old qb --- and getting an inexperienced qb who is now 4-2

It is such a flaw to think that just because Kaep didn't win, that Alex would have. You know there is also the possibility of Alex losing it too. It's something you and I or anyone else will never know. However, the team we all know that was led by Alex (being conservative and limited) would likely NOT have won it either. Common sense. The seachickens are a much better team than the last times we matched up against them. Did you notice their offensive production stats? It is in an upward trend.

Pretty much. Our passing offense was identical to the first game, at the stick.

The defense was just out of sync and we couldn't establish the run because we were down by 21 fast.
We couldn't establish the run because Kap kept changing the play at the line to a pass. And then he was wildly inaccurate, overthrowing easy bombs. We also couldn't establish the run because he couldn't get the plays off in time.
Kaepernick seems incapable of throwing jump balls, fades, or any type of short passes. They are almost all 100 MPH flat rockets.
Share 49ersWebzone