LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Lets all CALM down

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Alex was due a bad game? Have you not watched him the last 7 years, all he does is have bad games. and now with weapons, he still isn't producing the numbers he should with weapons we have, you have Vernon, Crabs, Moss, Mannigham, Williams, Hunter, Gore, Walker and still cant be consistent QB play? We wont go far with a above average QB, our defense will not keep us in games for much longer. When we faced a good defense, what did we do? We crapped the bed. We faced 2 bad/horrible defenses, what did we do, we murdered them.

I feel bad things on thursday night, Seattle has a legit defense. If we cant move the ball on a good defense, how do we expect to win a title again. We need a Franchise QB, plain and simple.

Looks like you finally see the light, I been saying this for awhile now.

However I do predict a win over Seattle, in fact I GUARANTEE A WIN

The definition of a Franchise QB is very biased. Alex IS and WILL continue to be our franchise QB. He has progressed exponentially over the last couple years and will learn from this loss. Look to see him put up some decent numbers against the Seahawks D.
Originally posted by 49erbossdoggy:
I have watched Alex through his worst of times. That was in the past. The last two season he has played phenomenal. Sure he doesn't put up numbers like Rodgers or Brady but he WINS. That is all that matters, that he WINS.

AS wins when the game plan is sound. But it's hard to win when the game plan doesn't really help him or put him in the best situation to succeed.
Just look at the Saints. Brees is the highest paid player in the NFL, he broke major NFL records recently, is probably going to the HOF when he retires, and his team is still good but without his HC game planning on offense for him, their team is 1-4 this season.
Originally posted by MrTruth:
AS wins when the game plan is sound. But it's hard to win when the game plan doesn't really help him or put him in the best situation to succeed.
Just look at the Saints. Brees is the highest paid player in the NFL, he broke major NFL records recently, is probably going to the HOF when he retires, and his team is still good but without his HC game planning on offense for him, their team is 1-4 this season.

Agreed. That is part of football. You have to win on every level....lets hope our coaches can give alex the tools to play his best on Thurs.
our defense was great honestly. I would love to know the giants average starting field position

We lost the game in the 3rd quarter.

1st Drive: 35 yard line (no points)

2nd Drive: 15 yard line (no points)

3rd Drive: 33 yard line (7 points) ONE "BAD" DRIVE...

4th Drive: 35 yard line (3 points)

5th Drive: 20 yard line (no points)

6th Drive: OUR 35 yard line (7 points)

7th Drive: OUR 7 yard line (3 points)

8th Drive: OUR 12 yard line (3 points)

9th Drive: 27 yard line (no points)

10th Drive: 15 yard line (no points)

11th Drive: 15 yard line (3 points) - GAME WAS ALREADY OVER

12th Drive: They ran the clock out
[ Edited by 49erfaithful49 on Oct 15, 2012 at 3:49 PM ]
lets hope our coaches can give alex the tools to play his best on Thurs.

They're going to need it on Thurs...
[ Edited by MrTruth on Oct 15, 2012 at 3:43 PM ]
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
I think we might be in for another ass beating

dont worry, Alex will show that rookie qb a lesson

Honestly after that 1st pick I expected it to not turn into a big deal. He's not going to be perfect, and sure he's going to throw picks like every QB. I expected the offense to rebound or at least Alex to. Take the Lions game of last year for example. He had a sketchy game and threw a bad pick, but, he shook it off and threw the game winning TD. I expected something similar to that.... Very disappointed to say the least.
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
our defense was great honestly. I would love to know the giants average starting field position

Well, they had fairly good starting field position... of course helped by Alex's INTs.. we on the other hand never started beyond the 34 yd line.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/drivechart?gameId=321014025
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Don't like Wilson. He thinks he's the s**t.
Originally posted by mayo49:

he is decent. nothing special tho.....
"Calm" and "Niner Talk" do not go together.

Originally posted by mayo49:

he is decent. nothing special tho.....

He is actually rather humble... a man of God
  • Sulla
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:

We lost the game in the 3rd quarter.

1st Drive: 35 yard line (no points)

2nd Drive: 15 yard line (no points)

3rd Drive: 33 yard line (7 points) ONE "BAD" DRIVE...

4th Drive: 35 yard line (3 points)

5th Drive: 20 yard line (no points)

6th Drive: OUR 35 yard line (7 points)

7th Drive: OUR 7 yard line (3 points)

8th Drive: OUR 12 yard line (3 points)

9th Drive: 27 yard line (no points)

10th Drive: 15 yard line (no points)

11th Drive: 15 yard line (3 points) - GAME WAS ALREADY OVER

12th Drive: They ran the clock out

Couldn't agree with you more. And I think Bradshaw running for 100+ yards is more a statistical nightmare than an actual indication the Giants controlled the LOS all game as some analysts are declaring. The majority of those rushing yards came at the end of the 3rd and throughout the 4th when it was obvious the offense was anemic.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Alex was due a bad game? Have you not watched him the last 7 years, all he does is have bad games. and now with weapons, he still isn't producing the numbers he should with weapons we have, you have Vernon, Crabs, Moss, Mannigham, Williams, Hunter, Gore, Walker and still cant be consistent QB play? We wont go far with a above average QB, our defense will not keep us in games for much longer. When we faced a good defense, what did we do? We crapped the bed. We faced 2 bad/horrible defenses, what did we do, we murdered them.

I feel bad things on thursday night, Seattle has a legit defense. If we cant move the ball on a good defense, how do we expect to win a title again. We need a Franchise QB, plain and simple.

agreed biggest difference on the field was ELI >>>>> smith , and i dont think smith is even half of what eli is.
Anyone want to guess how many times the 49ers were in the red zone on offense?
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
agreed biggest difference on the field was ELI >>>>> smith , and i dont think smith is even half of what eli is.

EXACTLY: Eli can throw 3 picks in the first quarter and come back and go 500+ yards in the next half to win the game. Even if our O-line could support this, Alex is not good enough to ever take the team on his back and win the game.
Share 49ersWebzone