LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Lets all CALM down

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
agreed biggest difference on the field was ELI >>>>> smith , and i dont think smith is even half of what eli is.

EXACTLY: Eli can throw 3 picks in the first quarter and come back and go 500+ yards in the next half to win the game. Even if our O-line could support this, Alex is not good enough to ever take the team on his back and win the game.

The coaches have to be aggressive to get a win when behind. For some reason (A. Smith if it makes you happy) the coaches rely on the defense to win the game. Offense needs to step it up all around, o line to give alex more time and the WR need to get open. It seems alex is waiting for them to get open and its taking too long
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
EXACTLY: Eli can throw 3 picks in the first quarter and come back and go 500 yards in the next half to win the game. Even if our O-line could support this, Alex is not good enough to ever take the team on his back and win the game.

Yeah, Eli's better, but did you happen to notice the difference in effort and ability between their receivers and ours? I think that is just as bad, if not worse, than the difference in quarterbacks.
I am so ready for Thursday nights game! So ready to move on from the game on Sunday. Bad games happen and is it Thursday yet?
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
Anyone want to guess how many times the 49ers were in the red zone on offense?

NONE!!!!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
agreed biggest difference on the field was ELI >>>>> smith , and i dont think smith is even half of what eli is.

EXACTLY: Eli can throw 3 picks in the first quarter and come back and go 500+ yards in the next half to win the game. Even if our O-line could support this, Alex is not good enough to ever take the team on his back and win the game.

I like Alex and felt bad for the guy having to go through all that drama through his career. I was happy for him last year when Harbaugh rejuvenated his career. But he's just not the right QB for us if we want to get to the next level because his throws are just limited for what we really need. If the coaching staff didn't feel the same way, they wouldn't have even taken a look at Peyton in the offseason.

We can't rely on the defense this season. The offense will need to carry the load in some games and I just don't have confidence with Alex at the helm especially if we are falling behind.
After the Vikings/Giants game you would think we'd learn to NOT take teams for granted.
Originally posted by 49erbossdoggy:
To fellow 49er faithful feeling like the world is going to end after that terrible loss against the Giants:

We need to CALM down. Everything is going to be ALRIGHT. We still are a top 5 team. Here is why:

1. Giants are the most fluky team in the NFL. When they play bad teams, they look like trash. Their offense looked inept against the eagles, and to be honest they were not that impressive against the browns barring the score. They thrive under the pressure and being the underdog, and this was shown against us this weekend. No one thought they would win, and when they are clicking they look amazing. They fired away on all cylinders on Sunday, including Defense, Offense, and Special Teams. If we were to play the Giants 10 times, I can assure you we would win at least 7/10.

2. Alex was due for a bad game. He has not had a multi-interception game since 2010!!!! That statistic alone is unreal, and it could not last forever. Sure, Alex looked like the Alex from his early years but he was due for one of these games! Even throughout the turmoil of the game, he came out and made some nice throws. Every elite QB has awful games, look at Matt Ryan this week. He threw 3 picks against the RAIDERS! The only difference was is that the Falcons were making plays on the defensive side of the ball and playing well on special teams. Alex had absolutely no help from the entire team, including the coaching staff.

3. The special teams looked terrible. I do not know what is wrong with David Akers, but I am confident he will figure it out. If he hits those two field goals, we go into the half down 10-9. The 2nd half would have been completely different if this was the case. Our coaches could slow the game down, and eat up the clock with our power running game. This poor performance from our special teams has been a theme this season and I am sure that Seely will figure it out in the next few weeks. We are still trying to tie everything together without Costanzo or Jones.

4. Our Defense was mediocre. The reason I say they were mediocre is because of how well the Giants receivers were playing. DId you all notice how their receivers were not dropping anything I swear, some fo the catches they were making were unreal, and would not happen 9/10 times. No matter how good the coverage was or the play was, the receivers seemed to make a play on the ball. This is part of the Giants being a FLUKY team and will not happen most of the time against us. Sure, the D-line was not getting pressure on Manning, but it is pretty hard to when he is getting rid of the ball in less than 2 seconds. This is the same thing is the Vikings game, Rudolph makes a couple amazing catches to take the game for them. TEAMS ARE GETTING LUCKY AGAINST US, and this will not continue to happen down the stretch.

5. Coaching was ...ehhh. The part I didn't like from our coaches had to have been how we strayed away from the inconvenient truth. Gore needs the ball more, I do not care how we get it to him, just get him the ball. No carries after the half??? That is absurd. A lot of people on the board are mad at how much we used Kap this week. Before the Giants game, all I heard was how SMART and UNIQUE our offense was with the addition of Kap in it. Everyone CHILL OUT! Kap is fine, the way we use him is fine, we do not need to add more Kap or less Kap to win. What we are doing now is PERFECT. We are a running team, give Gore the ball with a little dose of the read option with Kap. Then let Alex hit them on some "Shot" Plays to score. This is how we won last year, this is how we will win this year.

We are a GREAT team, we a harder schedule this year. We got a little to excited for some revenge and it backfired. I expect Harbaugh and Co. to really be ready this Thursday and deliver an ass-whoopin on the seachickens. This last weak was a FLUKE and do not expect it to happen again. I think that is why Harbaugh is brushing this loss off, because he knows that we are much better than the score shows.

49ers 35- Seahawks 7

You heard it hear first boys.
You are 1 out of 3 how would that equate to 7 out of 10?
Not for all the reasons you stated, I do agree we could Chill Out a bit. That hurt though man. It's bigger than an ordinary loss.1st place still doesn't hold water really. Looking ahead , the big picture is bleak under the premise that we will have to face a team at least as good as NYG to get to the GOLD hardware !?&&$) Its simply not enough to just get in. SF doesnt roll like that. We are UNDEFEATED in the big one ! Is this the team that will keep it that way IF they even make it! The Giants already screwed us out of a few rings already . We were supposed to beat the Bills in 90-91. They beat us last year and again yesterday . Not so easy to chill . Our window of opportunity is closing fast I you ask me.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
"Calm" and "Niner Talk" do not go together.

especially after a niner loss and especially when alex has a bad game
The Niners did HOLD Eli Manning below 200 yards and just ONE touchdown. Bradshaw had big gains during garbage time allowing him to go over 100 yards.

Originally posted by Tombo:
EXACTLY: Eli can throw 3 picks in the first quarter and come back and go 500 yards in the next half to win the game. Even if our O-line could support this, Alex is not good enough to ever take the team on his back and win the game.

Yeah, Eli's better, but did you happen to notice the difference in effort and ability between their receivers and ours? I think that is just as bad, if not worse, than the difference in quarterbacks.

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
After the Vikings/Giants game you would think we'd learn to NOT take teams for granted.

Or to utilize our running game to run the ball. Our o line are maulers not sissy pass blockers. Our Qb is best working with a run game and our team is better off without all this gimmick offense b******t. If we bench Smith fvck Kaep, I wanna see Tolzien.
hoooooooooooooooorrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Originally posted by NinerTeam:
The Niners did HOLD Eli Manning below 200 yards and just ONE touchdown. Bradshaw had big gains during garbage time allowing him to go over 100 yards.

all these stats mean shot cuz we still got our ass whopped
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Defense was better than mediocre. We held Giants passing to under 200 yards. None of the wide receivers we over 100 yards. 13 of the giants points came on drives that started in scoring range.2 of those dives ended in Fgs. With a long field the giants were held to 13 points. Smith made bad decisions passing and didn't move well when protection broke down like he normally does. Smith choked hard this game I don't know if it was his sprained finger or he just wanted redemption too bad that he over thought his game. Hopefully he can get it back together because a loss in Seattle could be brutal to the rest of the season.
nice try, but with all due respect, none of the "reasons" you listed have any real substance. Giants are fluky..uhh ok, they won 3 superbowls in the last 5 years--this game was a real test and we failed.
Alex smith due for a bad game? Weird logic.

Special teams will continue to be a weakness because of the personnel losses, maybe Akers gets it back but i dunno something is weird about him

Pass rush has been weak all season so this is clearly not fluky.

Good teams have a lot of playmakers, so saying the Giants/Viking offfensive performances against us were fluky is simply ignorant.

We'll get better game plans, I'm sure of that, but this will not overcome the above.

I would tell people to calm down not because "everything is gonna be alright/going to go how we imagined and hoped" (a silly thing to do in life) but because we need to just accept reality for what it is. It will be a tough road to the playoffs this year, we aren't as sharp. Just enjoy the ride no matter what happens, let go of expectations and there will never be a need to calm down.

Looking on the bright side, even if we aren't as great as some, myself included, thought we'd be before the season, we're still a good team and will be for a a pretty long time with all the talent this roster still obviously has. I can live with that. We're good enough to be able to talk s**t to other fans.
[ Edited by BayAreaNinersFan on Oct 16, 2012 at 1:09 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone