There are 202 users in the forums

Lets all CALM down

Shop Find 49ers gear online
To fellow 49er faithful feeling like the world is going to end after that terrible loss against the Giants:

We need to CALM down. Everything is going to be ALRIGHT. We still are a top 5 team. Here is why:

1. Giants are the most fluky team in the NFL. When they play bad teams, they look like trash. Their offense looked inept against the eagles, and to be honest they were not that impressive against the browns barring the score. They thrive under the pressure and being the underdog, and this was shown against us this weekend. No one thought they would win, and when they are clicking they look amazing. They fired away on all cylinders on Sunday, including Defense, Offense, and Special Teams. If we were to play the Giants 10 times, I can assure you we would win at least 7/10.

2. Alex was due for a bad game. He has not had a multi-interception game since 2010!!!! That statistic alone is unreal, and it could not last forever. Sure, Alex looked like the Alex from his early years but he was due for one of these games! Even throughout the turmoil of the game, he came out and made some nice throws. Every elite QB has awful games, look at Matt Ryan this week. He threw 3 picks against the RAIDERS! The only difference was is that the Falcons were making plays on the defensive side of the ball and playing well on special teams. Alex had absolutely no help from the entire team, including the coaching staff.

3. The special teams looked terrible. I do not know what is wrong with David Akers, but I am confident he will figure it out. If he hits those two field goals, we go into the half down 10-9. The 2nd half would have been completely different if this was the case. Our coaches could slow the game down, and eat up the clock with our power running game. This poor performance from our special teams has been a theme this season and I am sure that Seely will figure it out in the next few weeks. We are still trying to tie everything together without Costanzo or Jones.

4. Our Defense was mediocre. The reason I say they were mediocre is because of how well the Giants receivers were playing. DId you all notice how their receivers were not dropping anything I swear, some fo the catches they were making were unreal, and would not happen 9/10 times. No matter how good the coverage was or the play was, the receivers seemed to make a play on the ball. This is part of the Giants being a FLUKY team and will not happen most of the time against us. Sure, the D-line was not getting pressure on Manning, but it is pretty hard to when he is getting rid of the ball in less than 2 seconds. This is the same thing is the Vikings game, Rudolph makes a couple amazing catches to take the game for them. TEAMS ARE GETTING LUCKY AGAINST US, and this will not continue to happen down the stretch.

5. Coaching was ...ehhh. The part I didn't like from our coaches had to have been how we strayed away from the inconvenient truth. Gore needs the ball more, I do not care how we get it to him, just get him the ball. No carries after the half??? That is absurd. A lot of people on the board are mad at how much we used Kap this week. Before the Giants game, all I heard was how SMART and UNIQUE our offense was with the addition of Kap in it. Everyone CHILL OUT! Kap is fine, the way we use him is fine, we do not need to add more Kap or less Kap to win. What we are doing now is PERFECT. We are a running team, give Gore the ball with a little dose of the read option with Kap. Then let Alex hit them on some "Shot" Plays to score. This is how we won last year, this is how we will win this year.

We are a GREAT team, we a harder schedule this year. We got a little to excited for some revenge and it backfired. I expect Harbaugh and Co. to really be ready this Thursday and deliver an ass-whoopin on the seachickens. This last weak was a FLUKE and do not expect it to happen again. I think that is why Harbaugh is brushing this loss off, because he knows that we are much better than the score shows.

49ers 35- Seahawks 7

You heard it hear first boys.
didn't read lol
  • fly15
  • Veteran
"we will score"
Can Only hope that prediction is right:)
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
even if gire
f**k that
we gon win
Originally posted by 49erbossdoggy:
We need to CALM down. Everything is going to be ALRIGHT.

49ers 35- Seahawks 7

You heard it hear first boys.

And if they use the same no running game with the RBs and overuse CK game plan and lose vs SEA should fans still be calm?
I think we might be in for another ass beating
Originally posted by MrTruth:
And if they use the same no running game with the RBs and overuse CK game plan and lose vs SEA should fans still be calm?

Obviously you did not read anything I wrote. CK gameplan was not overused, just not executed correctly. I'm sure you were one of those guys who absolutely loved Roman after the BIlls and Jets game because of how CK was used. CK is a vital threat, it would be stupid for us not to use him whenever we can.

Alex was due a bad game? Have you not watched him the last 7 years, all he does is have bad games. and now with weapons, he still isn't producing the numbers he should with weapons we have, you have Vernon, Crabs, Moss, Mannigham, Williams, Hunter, Gore, Walker and still cant be consistent QB play? We wont go far with a above average QB, our defense will not keep us in games for much longer. When we faced a good defense, what did we do? We crapped the bed. We faced 2 bad/horrible defenses, what did we do, we murdered them.

I feel bad things on thursday night, Seattle has a legit defense. If we cant move the ball on a good defense, how do we expect to win a title again. We need a Franchise QB, plain and simple.
Originally posted by 49erbossdoggy:
Obviously you did not read anything I wrote. CK gameplan was not overused, just not executed correctly. I'm sure you were one of those guys who absolutely loved Roman after the BIlls and Jets game because of how CK was used. CK is a vital threat, it would be stupid for us not to use him whenever we can.

IDK what you're talking about... After the Minn loss I was the first to point out they didn't run the ball enough with their capable RBs and they did the same thing yesterday.

BTW, Harb looks very worried in the conference call 2 hrs ago trying to do some damage control. That's not good. I am sure he had nightmares in bed last night of how bad the offense preformed yesterday especially knowing he and/or OC Mr. Roman had a huge hand in it... It's one thing to lose confidence from the players in your fail game plan, but to lose confidence in yourself as coaches...
[ Edited by MrTruth on Oct 15, 2012 at 3:32 PM ]
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Alex was due a bad game? Have you not watched him the last 7 years, all he does is have bad games. and now with weapons, he still isn't producing the numbers he should with weapons we have, you have Vernon, Crabs, Moss, Mannigham, Williams, Hunter, Gore, Walker and still cant be consistent QB play? We wont go far with a above average QB, our defense will not keep us in games for much longer. When we faced a good defense, what did we do? We crapped the bed. We faced 2 bad/horrible defenses, what did we do, we murdered them.

I feel bad things on thursday night, Seattle has a legit defense. If we cant move the ball on a good defense, how do we expect to win a title again. We need a Franchise QB, plain and simple.

I have watched Alex through his worst of times. That was in the past. The last two season he has played phenomenal. Sure he doesn't put up numbers like Rodgers or Brady but he WINS. That is all that matters, that he WINS.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Looks like you finally see the light, I been saying this for awhile now.

However I do predict a win over Seattle, in fact I GUARANTEE A WIN
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
I think we might be in for another ass beating

dont worry, Alex will show that rookie qb a lesson
Share 49ersWebzone