LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Week 6: Thoughts after watching the game(couldn't bring myself to watch it again yet)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
People were comparing this game to some random losses 10-15 years ago....

Interestingly enough, there were parallels between this game and the 49-3 beatdown by the Giants in '86...

Game was tight for the first quarter I think....Rice fumbles away a sure long TD. Montana gets KO'd and rout is on.

Not entirely the same thing, but in both games the 49ers had advantage early on.
Originally posted by KEGster:
Falcons will almost certainty grab the #1 seed in the NFC

We need to snag the #2 seed again or we won't reach the NFC title game

lets find a qb first
Don't care about seeds.

Gotta improve our passing game. Do that, we're good.

#1 seed won't do s**** the way we are now. There are no unbeatable home teams like '11 Saints anyways....

BTW, I want to rematch Giants in their house if we get a shot.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Don't care about seeds.

Gotta improve our passing game. Do that, we're good.

#1 seed won't do s**** the way we are now. There are no unbeatable home teams like '11 Saints anyways....

BTW, I want to rematch Giants in their house if we get a shot.

Alex & the rest of the offense will struggle on the Road. Playing at home is vital
This is going to be an excellent and a very tough match up. The Seahawks have a pretty good set of corners who should do a good job jamming our receivers in addition to a solid defensive line. Having said this, the 49ers need to go back to the type of football they play best and that is a war in the trenches utilizing their excellent running game. It didn't get exposed against the Giants, rather they simply went away from it.

Trouble alert: Mobile QB
Trouble alert: Aldon has disappeared and our d-line isn't getting any pressure.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Oct 15, 2012 at 1:09 PM ]
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I'm gonna ball-gag you Marvin and strap you to a chair in a movie theater and force you to re-watch that game A clockwork orange style
Thanks Marv

Special Team failure. Akers is in a slump. I think [please correct me if wrong] he is 6 -11. KOff team - not good. This will need to be fixed - fast. Punt returns - nothing special this game.

We lost it in the trenches on both side of the ball.

DLine needs another powerhouse guy. Double teams on Justin are working. I feel this is affecting Aldon. Ray Mac disappears.

OLine played very good on the first drive. WHY did they take Alex out? The rest of the game the OLine seemed overwhelmed. They took our receivers out of the game, Alex had very few open guys. We need better plays for receivers.

Our secondary did not get the big time pass rush from the front 7, which impacted their performance. Rogers dropping an interception didn't help either. Eli had an excellent game.

They totally out-coached us. I think they coached Eli get off with very quick releases which also added to the lack of pressure.

If I'm the opposition, I'm studying the Viking & Giants games to plan against us.

I expect Jacobs on Thursday. Staley will be out. Who will be at RG? The play Leonard Davis came in - Alex was sacked. Can Kilgore hack it?

This will be a test of character game. We'll have to reach deep down and come out swinging.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Ouch. That one smarts. Forgive the shortness this week as it isn't really something I want to relive too often.

1) Alex Smith Running Tally since Eagles game in 2010. 31 Games, 860 Att, 544 Comp, 6376 Yards, 41 Tds, 12 INTs, 95.76 QB Rating. Easily the worst game he's played in the Harbaugh era. Bad, Bad performance. The Niners were dominating that game in the first quarter and it just seems like the entire game did a 180 when Alex threw that first pick down the sideline. Suddenly the Giants were unstopable in that quarter. Suddently the Niners couldn't do a damn thing. I don't know where I am on this...is this just an abberation for Alex or is this a signal of things to come. I'm leaning toward an abberation, but I have to admit that game made me nervous. Yes, he was pressing....but WOW, 3 picks. That hurt.

2) Kaep: OK, I like the WildKaep, Wolfpack, Pistol or whatever it is but ENOUGH already. The Niners hit a deep bomb to Moss when it was probably already too late but then tried to get cute and Kaep took an 11 yard loss. That killed the drive. Obviously I'm not putting this all on Kaep, but man...that was a killer.

3) Pass D: What the hell is it with Victor Cruz. They can't cover him to save their life.

4) Pass Rush: Absent. What Gives?

5) Rush D: Actually played well until the end of the game. I don't want to say Niners quit, but they were getting gashed late like they NEVER get gashed.

6) Rush O: Actually not too bad before it got out of hand. They were moving it well. Gore was over 4 yards a carry, but only got 8 carries. Hunter had a nice run himself.

7) Red-Zone D: Actually played pretty damn well if you consider how often the O turned it over deep in their own end.

8) Giants: As much as I hate it, you have to give them credit for a good game plan and just getting off the plane angry and ready to play. The Niners got punched in the mouth. This wasn't the Niners "beating themselves". They got beat.

9) NFC West: Enough of the NFC West jokes. 3 teams are 4-2 and I think the Patriots are tired of playing this division. Its gonna be a tough road but the Niners have 6 of the next 10 all within the division. This is where it'll be won.

10) Is it thursday yet? The one saving grace here is that we won't have to sit on this one a full week.

Anybody seen RayMac???
People are not stating the obvious on offense. The Left Tackle went down (Staley) Boone got shifted to LT and Leonard Davis came in at RG. It was like seeing Chilo out there again. I say cut Leonard Davie and Let Kilgore play.

Also our qb needs to throw wr's open. The giants wr's looked covered and manning got it to them.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tn9er:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Ouch. That one smarts. Forgive the shortness this week as it isn't really something I want to relive too often.

1) Alex Smith Running Tally since Eagles game in 2010. 31 Games, 860 Att, 544 Comp, 6376 Yards, 41 Tds, 12 INTs, 95.76 QB Rating. Easily the worst game he's played in the Harbaugh era. Bad, Bad performance. The Niners were dominating that game in the first quarter and it just seems like the entire game did a 180 when Alex threw that first pick down the sideline. Suddenly the Giants were unstopable in that quarter. Suddently the Niners couldn't do a damn thing. I don't know where I am on this...is this just an abberation for Alex or is this a signal of things to come. I'm leaning toward an abberation, but I have to admit that game made me nervous. Yes, he was pressing....but WOW, 3 picks. That hurt.

2) Kaep: OK, I like the WildKaep, Wolfpack, Pistol or whatever it is but ENOUGH already. The Niners hit a deep bomb to Moss when it was probably already too late but then tried to get cute and Kaep took an 11 yard loss. That killed the drive. Obviously I'm not putting this all on Kaep, but man...that was a killer.

3) Pass D: What the hell is it with Victor Cruz. They can't cover him to save their life.

4) Pass Rush: Absent. What Gives?

5) Rush D: Actually played well until the end of the game. I don't want to say Niners quit, but they were getting gashed late like they NEVER get gashed.

6) Rush O: Actually not too bad before it got out of hand. They were moving it well. Gore was over 4 yards a carry, but only got 8 carries. Hunter had a nice run himself.

7) Red-Zone D: Actually played pretty damn well if you consider how often the O turned it over deep in their own end.

8) Giants: As much as I hate it, you have to give them credit for a good game plan and just getting off the plane angry and ready to play. The Niners got punched in the mouth. This wasn't the Niners "beating themselves". They got beat.

9) NFC West: Enough of the NFC West jokes. 3 teams are 4-2 and I think the Patriots are tired of playing this division. Its gonna be a tough road but the Niners have 6 of the next 10 all within the division. This is where it'll be won.

10) Is it thursday yet? The one saving grace here is that we won't have to sit on this one a full week.

Anybody seen RayMac???

Anybody seen Justin?lol

Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I'm gonna ball-gag you Marvin and strap you to a chair in a movie theater and force you to re-watch that game A clockwork orange style

LOL. I'll rewatch it in the next few days (I've seen the NFCCG 3 times), I just couldn't do it yesterday. The wound was too fresh.
Originally posted by 9erred:
People are not stating the obvious on offense. The Left Tackle went down (Staley) Boone got shifted to LT and Leonard Davis came in at RG. It was like seeing Chilo out there again. I say cut Leonard Davie and Let Kilgore play.

Also our qb needs to throw wr's open. The giants wr's looked covered and manning got it to them.

I didn't mention it because the game had really turned by the time that happened and it didn't have a huge effect on the outcome. It does worry me for Thurs.

I don't have any issues with Boone out there, but Davis is just so slow out of his stance.
@Marv I like point #8....I wish all of us fans would admit the reality that the Giants just flat out beat us .. dominated in fact, no need for excuses and pointing the finger at any one individual ...we looked hopeless after the first quarter ...they looked like champs and we looked like pretenders who backed down when we realized we were in a real fight and couldnt bully the other team....i dislike those that just blatantly say this team is going to the super bowl .. we gotta earn that on the field not with talk and over hype ...yes we added some pieces, lost a few as well but 2 and 2 dont always make 4 in the NFL ...the journey is long, teams adjust, heart and mental toughness matter and I think the two losses this year were due to the other teams plain being sick of hearing about how good the 49ers are and wanting to smack us in the mouth .. ..and they did ...we need to get our swagger back by beating a good team this Thursday ... and I dont want to see us pull out a win on trickery and mixers... line up and run the ball, harrass their rookie QB, and live up to the big bad wolf status we have in the media #go49ers
  • Chico
  • Veteran
I HATE the entire NFC East!
Good stuff as always, Marvin.

lots of good player quotes in here -----> http://blog.49ers.com/2012/10/15/week-6-notes-and-quotes/
Share 49ersWebzone