There are 169 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by ninermedic:
You don't have to convince me, I am a Crab-believer. I was looking at the stats, Crabs has more TD catches for his career now too (21 after today), better career-bests in terms of receptions, yards...he's really become the man. (Which isn't to say MM isn't a good complementary receiver. I wish he was healthy)

Yea I know, I was just quoting your post cause it had the original comment quoted already . I know you've been a believer in Crabs.

slightly off topic but Jenkins might end up being a busted pick(not hating just hypothesizing - maybe we can hope for a Crabs-like delayed ascendence to greatness?), put MM in the slot and hope he can make it through a full 16 games but spell him with Jenkins either way. Draft a real #2 this coming draft a la Cordarrelle Patterson, Marcus Davis, or someone of that with a good combination of size and speed to compliment Crabs.

So stoked, I rocked by Crabtree jersey today and he had the biggest game of his career. Crabs has officially made Peterson his b***h after the past 4 games lol.

I wish my Crabs jersey wasn't packed away with my household goods...on a boat somewhere on the Pacific Ocean
  • ace52
  • Veteran
I'm very happy with the way Crabtree has stepped it up the past few games. The only thing that worries me about that is the other receivers on our team are so far behind him as far as being receiving threats that future opponents can key in on Crabs and scheme to take him away. It would have been much better for us if Moss or Vernon had been able to catch some more balls so that our passing attack is more varied. Jerry Rice was even better by having John Taylor on the other side. Right now, our team does not have a "John Taylor" to complement Crabtree's Rice (I'm just trying to make a point, and not comparing Crabs to Rice, of course).
[ Edited by ace52 on Dec 30, 2012 at 6:31 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
You don't have to convince me, I am a Crab-believer. I was looking at the stats, Crabs has more TD catches for his career now too (21 after today), better career-bests in terms of receptions, yards...he's really become the man. (Which isn't to say MM isn't a good complementary receiver. I wish he was healthy)

Yea I know, I was just quoting your post cause it had the original comment quoted already . I know you've been a believer in Crabs.

slightly off topic but Jenkins might end up being a busted pick(not hating just hypothesizing - maybe we can hope for a Crabs-like delayed ascendence to greatness?), put MM in the slot and hope he can make it through a full 16 games but spell him with Jenkins either way. Draft a real #2 this coming draft a la Cordarrelle Patterson, Marcus Davis, or someone of that with a good combination of size and speed to compliment Crabs.

So stoked, I rocked by Crabtree jersey today and he had the biggest game of his career. Crabs has officially made Peterson his b***h after the past 4 games lol.

I wish my Crabs jersey wasn't packed away with my household goods...on a boat somewhere on the Pacific Ocean

oh yea you moved to the middle of nowhere didn't you? Mine was all fresh, no wrinkles, shiny white, right out of the box.
Which branch are you in?
Congrats to Michael Crabtree on a 1000 yard receiving season!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:

1105! Dont downplay it

1105! Dont downplay it

Can't help but wonder how many yards Crabtree will have with a full season receiving from Kaepernick. This is not a dig on Smith but it is just clear that Crabtree benefits more from Kaepernick doing what he does.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by goodthings19:

1105! Dont downplay it

Can't help but wonder how many yards Crabtree will have with a full season receiving from Kaepernick. This is not a dig on Smith but it is just clear that Crabtree benefits more from Kaepernick doing what he does.

probably 1250+, his average is basically the same with Alex but he is legitimately our #1 now, with Alex Vernon was always his #1 but Crabs was his safety valve.

Kaep it seems to be Crabs #1 and Safety valve with Walker his next favorite target.
Originally posted by goodthings19:

1105! Dont downplay it

probably 1250+, his average is basically the same with Alex but he is legitimately our #1 now, with Alex Vernon was always his #1 but Crabs was his safety valve.

Kaep it seems to be Crabs #1 and Safety valve with Walker his next favorite target.

Yeah it's interesting how a player has flourished with each QB.
He needs to make his money in the playoffs. Regular season stats are good and dandy but you make your big bucks in January.

The Crabtree bust threads and bashing were locked. I tried to go back and find my projected Crabtree stats but SOFAKING did a way better job:

I think his stats will be more like this:85 Catches1100 Yards8 TDs (actual was 85 rec. for 1105 yards and 9 tds)
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
The Crabtree bust threads and bashing were locked. I tried to go back and find my projected Crabtree stats but SOFAKING did a way better job:

I think his stats will be more like this:85 Catches1100 Yards8 TDs (actual was 85 rec. for 1105 yards and 9 tds)

SOFAKING awesome!

1105! Dont downplay it

Very nice and thank you! Glad I was rocking his jersey today and will be rocking it again in a couple weeks too!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

SOFAKING awesome!

Yeah, he beat my prediction from the old Crabtree thread that I made right after last season ended before the playoffs.

I enjoy looking at trending stats. Taking the last eight games of the season and extrapolating to sixteen: 86 receptions for 1,132 yards (13.2 AVG) and 6 TDs.

I was one of crabtrees biggest critics, and am proud he proved me wrong this year. He has deffinately stepped his game up. Now we need him to carry that game into the post season.

Gimme
Jordan Mathews- WR- Vanderbilt- 6-3, 205, JR
or
Aaron Mellette-Elon-WR- 6-3, 218, rSR

And i will be extremely happy. I dont want to spend a 1 or 2 on a wr this year. I have Mathews in the third, and Mellette in the fifth currently, but thats early placing. Both have extreme potential.

I think we roll with Crabtree, Manningham, Williams, and Jenkins next season, and let Ginn and Moss both walk. Definately need to draft some insurance for Jenkins incase he simple doesnt pan out, and i also think we need a big bodied WR for the RZ.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Dec 30, 2012 at 9:00 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone