The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Need to tie him up during the off season for another 5 years
[ Edited by leakyfausett on Dec 30, 2012 at 5:40 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Need to tie him up during the off season for another 5 years

Doing an extension now would probably lower his cap number too. Help us out in that regard.
He is by far the biggest threat on our offense (assuming we have a decent enough QB to get him the ball). I'm beyond pleased with how he has played this year, and he is deserving of being a 1st round pick.

BUT, I worry about the fact that he was a salary holdout when we drafted him. He has proven his worth, but when the time comes will he accept a fair salary to stay with a winning team? Or will he try to milk the 49ers for every cent, making it barely worth while to keep him?

Does anyone know when his current contract ends?
Originally posted by sfout:
Doing an extension now would probably lower his cap number too. Help us out in that regard.

agreed. But his agent is really a pain in the ass though. Won't be easy.
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
He is by far the biggest threat on our offense (assuming we have a decent enough QB to get him the ball). I'm beyond pleased with how he has played this year, and he is deserving of being a 1st round pick.

BUT, I worry about the fact that he was a salary holdout when we drafted him. He has proven his worth, but when the time comes will he accept a fair salary to stay with a winning team? Or will he try to milk the 49ers for every cent, making it barely worth while to keep him?

Does anyone know when his current contract ends?

2 years, the holdout actually got us another year as a result

He'll want to play in the new stadium with Kaep

Paraag will get it done
  • Disp
  • Veteran
He's a free agent after 2014, but this post is a little ridiculous. It's not like he's putting up Andre Johnson/Calvin Johnson numbers...The Niners signed Manningham for pennies and he has had a similar career to Crabtree.
[ Edited by Disp on Dec 30, 2012 at 5:48 PM ]
With Kaep feeding him the ball, he has nothing to be unhappy about.
Originally posted by Disp:
He's a free agent after 2014, but this post is a little ridiculous. It's not like he's putting up Andre Johnson/Calvin Johnson numbers...The Niners signed Manningham for pennies and he has had a similar career to Crabtree.

Nothing against Mario, but did he ever have an 1100 yard season?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:

agreed. But his agent is really a pain in the ass though. Won't be easy.

Maybe he'll pull a Goldson and fire him

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninermedic:

uh Rio's career is nothing compared to Crabs' -- He was a "#3 Go route" kind of receiver for NY that just went deep. He's only ever completed 1 entire season of play due to injuries, missed a total of 19 games over 5 years.

Crabtree is far more versatile then Rio and his rookie diva holdout aside has only missed 1 game and that was last year after he had surgery on his foot.

Besides that who cares about career similarities from a statistical standpoint when Rio was #3 or worse for all of his 4 years in NY and Crabtree is a far more physical presence and more dependable and now with this season as evidence, a far more "sensational" player.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 30, 2012 at 6:10 PM ]
Lordy, lordy, lordy,... Crabs had himself a day!

uh Rio's career is nothing compared to Crabs' -- He was a "#3 Go route" kind of receiver for NY that just went deep. He's only ever completed 1 entire season of play due to injuries, missed a total of 19 games over 5 years.

Crabtree is far more versatile then Rio and his rookie diva holdout aside has only missed 1 game and that was last year after he had surgery on his foot.

Besides that who cares about career similarities from a statistical standpoint when Rio was #3 or worse for all of his 4 years in NY and Crabtree is a far more physical presence and more dependable and now with this season as evidence, a far more "sensational" player.

You don't have to convince me, I am a Crab-believer. I was looking at the stats, Crabs has more TD catches for his career now too (21 after today), better career-bests in terms of receptions, yards...he's really become the man. (Which isn't to say MM isn't a good complementary receiver. I wish he was healthy)
This is kind of the guy I expected when they first drafted him. It took a lot of years. But here he finally is. I'm very impressed now and no longer complain about this guy. Just don't lay an egg in the playoffs like last year....
  • sfout
  • Veteran
You don't have to convince me, I am a Crab-believer. I was looking at the stats, Crabs has more TD catches for his career now too (21 after today), better career-bests in terms of receptions, yards...he's really become the man. (Which isn't to say MM isn't a good complementary receiver. I wish he was healthy)

Yea I know, I was just quoting your post cause it had the original comment quoted already . I know you've been a believer in Crabs.

slightly off topic but Jenkins might end up being a busted pick(not hating just hypothesizing - maybe we can hope for a Crabs-like delayed ascendence to greatness?), put MM in the slot and hope he can make it through a full 16 games but spell him with Jenkins either way. Draft a real #2 this coming draft a la Cordarrelle Patterson, Marcus Davis, or someone of that with a good combination of size and speed to compliment Crabs.

So stoked, I rocked by Crabtree jersey today and he had the biggest game of his career. Crabs has officially made Peterson his b***h after the past 4 games lol.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 30, 2012 at 6:24 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone