There are 113 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Crabtree is one of, if not the most important offensive players on the team, that is a fact.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Crabtree is one of, if not the most important offensive players on the team, that is a fact.

Kap, Gore, VD, Crab and now Boldin are key to what we have done this season. It will be hard to part with any of them. Good things don't last forever but you better savor them
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Kap, Gore, VD, Crab and now Boldin are key to what we have done this season. It will be hard to part with any of them. Good things don't last forever but you better savor them

Good point.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

Good point.

Baalke needs props. He knows the gateway to the superbowl is between the Legion of Boom, so he counters by deploying the two most physical WRs in the league like a boss!

#GMchess
[ Edited by verb1der on Dec 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM ]
Originally posted by verb1der:
Baalke needs props. He knows the gateway to the superbowl is between the Legion of Boom, so he counters by deploying the two most physical WRs in the league like a boss!

#GMchess
Exactly how I see it. ATL kinda opened eyes to this. They had Julio Roddy and Gonzales beating up them DBs and we got Crab Q VD doing the same plus we have a devastating ground game to account for along with a mobile QB
Originally posted by verb1der:

#GMchess
Exactly how I see it. ATL kinda opened eyes to this. They had Julio Roddy and Gonzales beating up them DBs and we got Crab Q VD doing the same plus we have a devastating ground game to account for along with a mobile QB

that and they were actually calling sherman for holding that game.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Extending Crabtree is an unknown. We know that his talent and what he can do on the football field dictates that he should be paid as a top WR. Furthermore we sorely missed him and now that he is back you can argue that he is more important to this team than Iupati. I am just not sure that we can afford him or that we want to pony up the type of dough it will take to keep Crabtree. We just have to enjoy him while we have him and draft a couple WRs this spring while we are at it.

Wow glad ur not our GM handing out big deals to a guy who played well one year.

Crabtree has played well for us EVER YEAR he's been here. You might be one of those people who thinks that a WR is only good if he puts up 1,000 yards, though, so arguing with you is likely pointless.

I will say this... Our offense is WAY better since Crabtree came back. That is NOT a coincidence.

They need to pay the guy. He is more important than Iupati now. I wasn't sure that would be the case coming into this season, but he's proven it is indeed.

Given our pathetic track record when drafting WRs, we have a much better shot of replacing Iupati than Crabtree.
[ Edited by Empire49 on Dec 26, 2013 at 1:56 PM ]
best receiver in the nfl, wouldn't trade him for anyone
Prior to Crabtree coming back this season, I wanted to say "F&CK HIM, he's a Dallas Cowboy at heart and a diva"....But honestly I think he has shown alot of heart and hard work to comeback from a devastating injury and is playing at 80-90% health and is still dominating. He has made the offense open up and is breaking defenses because the top 2 DB's and safetys have to cover Crabs and VD on deep routes leaving Boldin Open. And underneath routes are easy for VD/Boldin because Crabs is double teamed.

I honestly worry that he will get paid and not give 100%.... BUT, I will be willing to give him a 5 year deal that would have ALOT of performance based bonuses to keep his mind on TD's and 1000 yard seasons.

Crabs is a top 10 WR when he pushes himself, I honestly think that VD and Kaep keep him working hard and going hard on all plays. He's a great blocker, shifty not fast, and has really good hands for those vicious Kaep passes, then his YAC ability is impressive.

WR roster going forward hopefully is: Crabs, Boldin, 1st/2nd rounder (Davante Adams ), Patton, 3rd-5th rounder

IF he wont resign..... Franchise tag him 1 time and then let him walk his Jerry Jones kissing ass to Dallas

This post has it correct.

We are 4-0 since Crabtree returned. He helped bring us back into Monday's game. If we have him this entire season, I'm sure our record is 13-2 right now.
My only knock on Crabtree is that he seems to be some what injury prone. He was injured in college through the draft. Then later his foot wasn't right. Then he tears his Achilles heel just practicing. If we do sign him, it should be for lower end number one money.

I could see him and Kap becoming one of the most dangerous combos of this next era.
Patrick Peterson's Worst Nightmare, even at 80% healthy.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by irishluder:
Prior to Crabtree coming back this season, I wanted to say "F&CK HIM, he's a Dallas Cowboy at heart and a diva"....But honestly I think he has shown alot of heart and hard work to comeback from a devastating injury and is playing at 80-90% health and is still dominating. He has made the offense open up and is breaking defenses because the top 2 DB's and safetys have to cover Crabs and VD on deep routes leaving Boldin Open. And underneath routes are easy for VD/Boldin because Crabs is double teamed.

I honestly worry that he will get paid and not give 100%.... BUT, I will be willing to give him a 5 year deal that would have ALOT of performance based bonuses to keep his mind on TD's and 1000 yard seasons.

Crabs is a top 10 WR when he pushes himself, I honestly think that VD and Kaep keep him working hard and going hard on all plays. He's a great blocker, shifty not fast, and has really good hands for those vicious Kaep passes, then his YAC ability is impressive.

WR roster going forward hopefully is: Crabs, Boldin, 1st/2nd rounder (Davante Adams ), Patton, 3rd-5th rounder

IF he wont resign..... Franchise tag him 1 time and then let him walk his Jerry Jones kissing ass to Dallas

He's already making $6mil./yr., so I doubt bumping it up a couple mil is gonna make any difference. After next season he'll have made over $30 mil. in his career.
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by irishluder:

He's already making $6mil./yr., so I doubt bumping it up a couple mil is gonna make any difference. After next season he'll have made over $30 mil. in his career.

This is true, but I really question how much he put into his first 3 years... he held out, Pu$$y move as a rookie. I blame Deon ... but i think he's really matured and has seen what winning and the brother hood of winning and championships really mean. I think he was conditioned by Prime Time and his shady ass uncle to "make dat money". Now that he's financially sound, I hope he's looking at the SB rings instead of the 2ct diamond studs and "bling"
Share 49ersWebzone