LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

NFLN Playbook : 49ers @ Packers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
more excited by our actual pass rush. we havent had a consistent one before last year since the 90s
Like how they think Benson will run on us.......i've heard that plenty of times last year and it never works son get new material, plus last time i checked Packers D sucks.....but thats ok im assuming we aren't gonna score on them too.....CUT EM UP!!!!!
the pack just have so many good WR's
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Greg Jennings ABUSED Terrell Brown the last time they faced each other. Hope T-Brizzle has learned a thing or three since.

Theres no question Brown has come a long way since then. He's a starter for a reason.
why are people building up green bays defense like theyre awesome or something? i dont get it
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Agreed, There right were going to be in danger when they spread out our defense. Not just from the pass, but from them running up the gut.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Why does nfl.com make you download some crap to view vids in HD?

Yes, but we have 4 good corners (Rogers, Brown, Cully, Cox) and LBs (52, 55, 53, 99) and DL(Smith, Soap, RJF, Ray Mac) and Vic Fangio. They have no Fitzgerald and we have no Revis, they have the best passing offense and we have the best defense. We match up better on defense with them than they do with us. We have a better chance at stopping them than they do us. As for ST, they are no match
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Agreed, There right were going to be in danger when they spread out our defense. Not just from the pass, but from them running up the gut.

I have a feeling we will make them abandon the run like we did in all 18 contests last year
Hey, I understand GB should be favored here, but I am giving my team, our team a chance here. We are a different team than what the NFL rules would seem to want, but we are an effective team at what we do. Our style travels well.

4-2-5

The defense can handle the run with 6 in the box. Or if they pass, 2 backers and 5DBs. With Willis and Bowman doing double duty on run and pass. We might just drop Aldon into coverage for good measure. Rodgers, 'Oops! Just didn't think he was going to do that'
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 8, 2012 at 12:09 PM ]
If all else fails for the 49ers D, then Alex will just have to throw more TDs than Aaron Rodgers. I know that sounds crazy, but this is no ordinary game for Alex Smith, he's gonna go to bed tonight knowing he's a huge part of the storyline for this game.

The only way I can honestly see the 49ers winning this game is if Alex plays the benchmark game of this life and outshines Aaron Rodgers.
i liked how they showed the bengals/packers highlight and baldy said "now take a look at the formation they're in.... and imagine its the 49ers! they will run on the 49ers!" how does that make any f**king sense?
Originally posted by verb1der:
That's all they can talk about is spreading out the D, and I get their point, but the Saints and Lions had some success with it and yet they still lost. Why? Because the 49ers win games on all 3 phases...its not just up to the defense.

Anyways...that Packers play action rollout play where Rodgers sets up a deep pass freaks me out. I'm pretty sure we'll see that play...

Because Breeze made some perfect (and I mean perfect) throws. Rogers and Willis didn't get beat in coverage, Breese just made percision throws. Rodgers will have to have that kind of a game to beat us.

I also hate how they showed Benson running on the Bengles for a ten yard gain. The failed to realize that LB that missed that tackle is neither as good as Bowman or Willis. With that said, I'd imagine Willis will be on Finnley so Bowman will have to work hard on Benson.
Pack will kill us in the passing game and gain lots of yards. It'll be up to our red zone defense to stop touchdowns and our offense to take advantage of the Packers' porous defense.
Share 49ersWebzone