Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 476 users in the forums

How will Aldon fare against top pass rushers this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I think as long as 99problems is healthy, he will be taking down QBs!

Love the nickname bruh,lemme borrow that.lol

"If you havin qb problems we dont feel bad for you son,we got '99 problems' and a sack aint one,hit me"
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Aug 28, 2012 at 1:25 PM ]
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I think as long as 99problems is healthy, he will be taking down QBs!

Love the nickname bruh,lemme borrow that.lol

"If you havin qb problems we dont feel bad for you son,we got '99 problems' and a sack aint one,hit me"

Haha....can't take credit for it. Someone else on the Zone created it.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I think his production will decrease slightly, more due to the fact that with other teams gameplanning against him and Justin, Ahmad and Ray will capitalize. Overall, the sack numbers will increase for the team, but Aldon's will go down.

I say 12

that and what helped him too was he was only in for 3rd and long situations saving his energy....

This.
10... Teams will start doubling him...but Justin and Brooks's numbers will go up.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Maybe 10 but becomes a better overall OLB. If he can also be at the top with Brooks in TFL, THAT is as good as a sack as well. That would be ideal!

Yeah, on the serious, I'd like to see him playing well in all aspects. Not worried about coverage too much because I still don't think he'll be dropping back that often, but his run defending needs to be up to par with the rest of our defense... and that's no small task.

I'm more interested in him being disruptive than padding stats. As long as he's doing his job and the defense as a whole is working, then I'll be happy.

I think so too...I don't think he will drop back in zone much. I actually hope Fangio goes less vanilla and moves he and Brooks around a lot to create mismatches in combo with our DL. Sacks are great but if he's racking up the TFL like Brooks, smashing QB's, pressuring them into mistakes, shrinking the pocket, etc...these pieces are critical to a complete OLB. That and staying healthy! Brooks will continue to do most of the drop backs in zone anyhow given he's the SAM and on the strong side. Aldon should be able to go beast-mode on occasion behind/next to Justin and from the weak side (QB's blind side).
Originally posted by Jakemall:
10... Teams will start doubling him...but Justin and Brooks's numbers will go up.

3 guys with potential double-digit sacks.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,476
Originally posted by NCommand:
I think so too...I don't think he will drop back in zone much. I actually hope Fangio goes less vanilla and moves he and Brooks around a lot to create mismatches in combo with our DL. Sacks are great but if he's racking up the TFL like Brooks, smashing QB's, pressuring them into mistakes, shrinking the pocket, etc...these pieces are critical to a complete OLB. That and staying healthy! Brooks will continue to do most of the drop backs in zone anyhow given he's the SAM and on the strong side. Aldon should be able to go beast-mode on occasion behind/next to Justin and from the weak side (QB's blind side).

Ayup.

So much potential for ultimate QB destruction, though.

I could see Brooks having the better year numbers wise.

Whatever happens, I expect it will be fun to watch!
He is going to annihilate Marshall Newhouse in game 1. 2+ sacks with many qb pressures. I think he is going to be the key to the game.
Originally posted by natrone06:
He is going to annihilate Marshall Newhouse in game 1. 2+ sacks with many qb pressures. I think he is going to be the key to the game.


He was key in half a dozen wins last year. That Green Bay line is atrocious. However, we have to be careful when Rogers scrambles around making plays out of the pocket. That's how Vick hurt us last year.
Gonna have to be solid on the back end.
More snaps equals more tired. I say 13 sacks.
I think he gets 12.5, I say this because teams are going to put atleast 2 guys on him, Whoever goes against him will have to have help, otherwise he will destroy them with his power.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I think he gets 12.5, I say this because teams are going to put atleast 2 guys on him, Whoever goes against him will have to have help, otherwise he will destroy them with his power.

I keep reading this and I'm not saying it isn't true, but are you guys saying that they didn't try to double him last year towards the end of the season and into the playoffs? I honestly cant remember, but I find it hard to believe.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 60,541
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I think he gets 12.5, I say this because teams are going to put atleast 2 guys on him, Whoever goes against him will have to have help, otherwise he will destroy them with his power.

I keep reading this and I'm not saying it isn't true, but are you guys saying that they didn't try to double him last year towards the end of the season and into the playoffs? I honestly cant remember, but I find it hard to believe.
i think at the end of the year the smith boys were playing at such a high level that it was not possible for teams to try to double one of them. thats kind of how i remember it??? If recall, like the steelers game,, if you double down on one,, the other one will either spin move or bull rush his man. at times it was not even fair to the competition
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I think he gets 12.5, I say this because teams are going to put atleast 2 guys on him, Whoever goes against him will have to have help, otherwise he will destroy them with his power.

I keep reading this and I'm not saying it isn't true, but are you guys saying that they didn't try to double him last year towards the end of the season and into the playoffs? I honestly cant remember, but I find it hard to believe.
i think at the end of the year the smith boys were playing at such a high level that it was not possible for teams to try to double one of them. thats kind of how i remember it??? If recall, like the steelers game,, if you double down on one,, the other one will either spin move or bull rush his man. at times it was not even fair to the competition
And I for one dont see that changing....
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone