49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 479 users in the forums

How will Aldon fare against top pass rushers this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by natrone06:
He is going to annihilate Marshall Newhouse in game 1. 2+ sacks with many qb pressures. I think he is going to be the key to the game.

This. Newhouse is terrible. Ive watched alot of Packer football the last few years (family). This guy is dreadful (Imagine Chilo blindside T). If they dont give him help with a TE or RB, or maybe even an unbalanced line, AS is going to eat his and Aarons lunch.

As for the season, who knows which players the OC's will try to take away and free up. Numbers dont matter to me or this team. Play solid, do your job and get off the field. He's going to be feared and respected around the league if he has one sack in 6 games or 12.
This whole notion that Aldon Smiths production will go down but he will be a "better overall player" is getting taken too far. The rest of the league was well aware by mid season last year who our best edge rusher was and he became more dominant as the year went on. Expectations should be for him to improve every part of his game and that includes getting to the QB
Originally posted by DirtyP:
This whole notion that Aldon Smiths production will go down but he will be a "better overall player" is getting taken too far. The rest of the league was well aware by mid season last year who our best edge rusher was and he became more dominant as the year went on. Expectations should be for him to improve every part of his game and that includes getting to the QB

Yeah and we also have other players on D they have to consider. Like Wilis, Bowman, J Smith and Brooks. Even RayMac.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 60,541
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I think he gets 12.5, I say this because teams are going to put atleast 2 guys on him, Whoever goes against him will have to have help, otherwise he will destroy them with his power.

I keep reading this and I'm not saying it isn't true, but are you guys saying that they didn't try to double him last year towards the end of the season and into the playoffs? I honestly cant remember, but I find it hard to believe.
i think at the end of the year the smith boys were playing at such a high level that it was not possible for teams to try to double one of them. thats kind of how i remember it??? If recall, like the steelers game,, if you double down on one,, the other one will either spin move or bull rush his man. at times it was not even fair to the competition
And I for one dont see that changing....
i had high hopes for that kind of a violent double team back in the days of tim harris and charles haley but no of course not off topic, sorry
Depends on the Olines we play against.

Justin will be double teamed for sure so it depends on who is left to cover Aldon and their blocking schemes.

I also think Ray Mac & Brooks will benefit.

Aldon gets 12 sacks for the season.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,457
Barring injuries, I don't see how he won't increase his sacks and pressures this year. Yeah, part of that is getting prime pass rushing opportunities, but I don't think most people realize what a remarkable season he had. Per play he was the most disruptive pass rusher in the league: http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/26/2011-pass-rushing-productivity-edge-rushers/
[ Edited by Disp on Aug 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM ]
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone