LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

should we be worried about our D?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
no, we sucked in last years preseason as well.

I actually remember our D being pretty good in the preseason last year.
Rogers looking like he's loafing. Brock just looks bad. I know Aldon is out but I didn't see anybody just beating there man and creating pressure. Let's hope this is just pre season rust.
This year we are playing a lot of high caliber QBs. We are gonna need that pass rush and DBs to be on top of their game big time. Yes I am worried about our D because of what they have shown in preseason recently but I'm not alarmed.
Rogers Carlos is going down for probably because he is too old or not happy with his moneys? I am figure out why he is aweful and bad to read his offense score. He is change for bad and aweful too. I just worried about him gave us down for defense?
Im more worried about our passing offense. It doesnt matter that we play Brees, Rodgers, Stafford, Brady and Manning. Those qbs are going to get theirs. We have an aggressive Defense that will make plays on all the better offenses in the league when playing 60 minutes against these teams. We are relentless on D and play as great as you can as a unit (with all our starters). We'll be fine on D because schemes and depth can tire out most offensive lines, but we're probably most worried because of the question of 'keeping up' with 'them'.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Rogers Carlos is going down for probably because he is too old or not happy with his moneys? I am figure out why he is aweful and bad to read his offense score. He is change for bad and aweful too. I just worried about him gave us down for defense?

I love you Buzz, but try to go over your post a little more so we can fully understand what you are saying bro

Autistic?
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

I love you Buzz, but try to go over your post a little more so we can fully understand what you are saying bro
I think he is saying that Rogers' play has regressed this year which is evident from his performance in the NFCCG last year. Buzz probably thinks that Rogers is now just too old which could be the reason for his bad play or maybe that he feels he deserves a new contract. Which wouldn't make sense cuz he just got paid this offseason.

Or something close enough to that.
Nah.

The missed tackles are the only thing I'm remotely worried about. And I don't believe that'll translate into the RS.
I never thought Rogers was a good press corner in 2011 because of his age: its so immensely tough to shadow these young speed receivers (Cruz) with (ELI)te qbs that work the middle of the field.

I do think that Rogers is a GOOD COVER corner who can handle one side of the field in base defense and he excels in cover 2 D. Thats why I think he got paid. Our scheme plays to his strengths; hes smart, quicker than fast, and has route anticipation. But, he is not great working the middle of the field at all
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Aug 26, 2012 at 6:35 PM ]

Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I never thought Rogers was a good press corner in 2011 because of his age: its so immensely tough to shadow these young speed receivers (Cruz) with (ELI)te qbs that work the middle of the field.

I do think that Rogers is a GOOD COVER corner who can handle one side of the field in base defense and he excels in cover 2 D. Thats why I think he got paid. Our scheme plays to his strengths; hes smart, quicker than fast, and has route anticipation. But, he is not great working the middle of the field at all

he did a very good job in the slot last year (which is where we moved him on 3 wide sets)
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Yes, between January and now we learned how to suck.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
I actually remember our D being pretty good in the preseason last year.

Not really
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
The two main issues are when its preseason obviously there is no game planning and the players are just playing not to get hurt. You could say they are just going thru the motions. They don't get paid for preseason games and only get paid if they are on the roster opening day.
I don't think so. Aldon Smith in one season has shown to be one of the most disruptive players in the NFL. Bowman is an All-Pro, they make so many plays on D. Coach is not squeezing the lemon dry in pre-season.
Share 49ersWebzone