LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

should we be worried about our D?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
no, we sucked in last years preseason as well.

Not to mention I believe they went 4-0 the pre season before they went 6-10....
[ Edited by BayArea on Aug 26, 2012 at 5:20 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I think we should be worried the first couple weeks for sure.

Green Bay and Detroit gonna throw a lot.
(shocker)
[ Edited by Garcia on Aug 26, 2012 at 5:28 PM ]
not worried
Originally posted by BayArea:
Not to mention I believe they went 4-0 the pre season before they went 6-10....

lol this
Just preseason.. you said it yourself, yo. Do not be concerned. Brock won't see the field much, and Aldon and Ahmad will play when it counts. We just playing soft and loose.
Carlos looked awful tonight. He gets lazy and allows himself I get turned around. Decker had no problem beating him.

Aldon is a game changer. The starters will generate pressure anode the secondary look a lot better. The D will be alright.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I for one am worried. even if you take preseason away. Our defense played over their heads last year and we needed every bit of it. NO WAY they can repeat that kind of performance. And so far it shows as if we shouldn't expect that kind of performance this year.

As you said we won't be middle tier or anything but expect us to be dominant and getting turnovers i don't think will happen.
its better to look not 100% there in preseason, then they will continue to work and not get complacent. why are people getting so worried over the preseason
  • Disp
  • Veteran
The first team D hadn't given up a TD until tonight. No idea why you'd be worried.

Originally posted by krizay:
I for one am worried. even if you take preseason away. Our defense played over their heads last year and we needed every bit of it. NO WAY they can repeat that kind of performance. And so far it shows as if we shouldn't expect that kind of performance this year.

As you said we won't be middle tier or anything but expect us to be dominant and getting turnovers i don't think will happen.

The only thing that probably will be different will be the turnovers. We will still be dominant because we make teams one dimensional. They have had a good rund D for years but the coverage and getting pressure were always the problems. Having THe Smith brothers on D and having an improved 2ndary will make things ok during the reg season.
If you are the offense that has to play against our D then yes you should be VERY f**king worried.
  • Jiks
You give Manning ample time in the pocket he is going to find a receiver. We were getting basically stonewalled and allowing Manning to do as he wished. Can't be too worried with Aldon and Bowman out but there is definitely room for improvement.

On a side note Brooks looks quicker. He had somewhat of a silent game but he looks improved.
Short answer: no

Long answer: f**k no
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
You give Manning ample time in the pocket he is going to find a receiver. We were getting basically stonewalled and allowing Manning to do as he wished. Can't be too worried with Aldon and Bowman out but there is definitely room for improvement.

On a side note Brooks looks quicker. He had somewhat of a silent game but he looks improved.

Agreed, and without aldon in the line up we do that. But the coverage has been great just without a passrush the secondary suffers. Also, the lack of making tackles, but will work that out. were just allowing qb's too much time.
Share 49ersWebzone