LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 136 users in the forums

should we be worried about our D?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Rogers Carlos is going down for probably because he is too old or not happy with his moneys? I am figure out why he is aweful and bad to read his offense score. He is change for bad and aweful too. I just worried about him gave us down for defense?

I love you Buzz, but try to go over your post a little more so we can fully understand what you are saying bro

Thanks bro! ur awesome!
Rogers Carlos is going down for probably because he is too old or not happy with his moneys? I am figure out why he is aweful and bad to read his offense score. He is change for bad and aweful too. I just worried about him gave us down for defense?

I love you Buzz, but try to go over your post a little more so we can fully understand what you are saying bro

Thanks bro! ur awesome!

This guy is the only reason I come to the board. You're the greatest Buzz, you're 'beast'!
Originally posted by niner4life21:

I think he is saying that Rogers' play has regressed this year which is evident from his performance in the NFCCG last year. Buzz probably thinks that Rogers is now just too old which could be the reason for his bad play or maybe that he feels he deserves a new contract. Which wouldn't make sense cuz he just got paid this offseason.

Or something close enough to that.
yeah correct.. he is already sign a new contract but my gut tell me that Roger was wish cuz he deserves wanted more moneys but not enough moneys? If he is behind that he is not happy that he is plays bad! i can see why he is worst tonight.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Thanks bro! ur awesome!

This guy is the only reason I come to the board. You're the greatest Buzz, you're 'beast'!

that guy is the olny reason cuz he is too cool a guy ever! and thanks for support me as our fans 49ers...
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I like Cox
Originally posted by toeshawn:
I like Cox

Gave me a boner..

Wait what?

No homo.
yes, this defense is teh suxors
Fangio said the defense was getting complacent or whatever. The first two series today, the defense was poor. The Broncos easily drove down the field. Now, it's the pre-season, but I don't think the 49ers went into the game thinking let's give up two TDs in the first quarter. Whatever happened today, wasn't good.
I can understand if the offense didn't want to show anything in pre-season, so let's hope they have something nice to show against Green Bay. Did the defense also try not to show anything? who knows...but it was very strange to see how easily those two TDs were given up.
I don't expect San Diego to play that much in the next pre-season game, so all we've got is film against Houston and Broncos.
Whatever it is, the defense better clean it up quickly. The offense might be better this year, but not enough to win games on it's own...every week.
Not worried yet, not even sure that we've fielded our best 11 on either side of the ball yet.

the D certainly shows room for improvement though damn stanky out their
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I know we don't game plan for these games but the fact that we haven't been winning individual match ups is concerning to me. And the fact that the first stringers got ran on like they did is concerning..
I would be inclined to agree if I didn't think Harbaugh was more concerned about injuries than anything else with the already tested and proven group of defensive starters. These guys are pretty much just going through warm up's. They are not hitting out there. Am the only one who has noticed they are not hitting?

That's the clue...the lack of hard hitting is a tip off.

It's true the 2nd string O and D outplayed the starters today. I got the impression they were content to let Peyton complete passes downfield...there was no blitzing, line stunts, nothing to disrupt Manning's rhythm. I didn't hear Justin Smith's name called once while he was in there. Then again, their PA guy left a bit to be desired. At any rate, the only offensive highlight of the 1st half was Alex's bomb to Vernon. It was a beauty. Once Kaepernick got in the game, the offense picked up. He made some nice scrambles, either keeping the ball or spinning away from a Bronco defender to hit Rueland on a nice pass downfield. Anthony Dixon ran hard...like we've been hoping he would. If nothing else, he's made it harder for Harbaugh to make a decision on him. K Williams had a nice 45-yd pass & run. On defense, Cox had a nice pick and return. He looks like a real player for us. McBath had some nice stops behind the LOS. Akers appears to be in mid-season form. It was hot at Mile High today...I sweated my butt off. It was 90+ in the stands and had to be @ 100 on the field. Harbaugh substituted liberally. Tolzien made it into the game later on...have to like his decisiveness and quick release. I think Baalke will try to work a trade w/Josh Johnson. Bad day for kick returners...both Akers and Prater routinely booted KO's out of the end zone. K Williams had a couple of punt returns with no issues, returning one for 11 yds. Being down 24-10 at the half wasn't good...but the b/u's played well, and shut out Denver 19-0 in the 2nd half. Gotta really like our depth, which should serve the team well during the long regular season. Once the bell rings, our starting D will step up...I'm certain of that.
its going to be hard for the D to duplicate what they accomplished last year. They will struggle, but I think will be effective enough to win the division in get us back into the postseason
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by jreff22:
ask me in 3 weeks

Ask me in 2.
+
Same as with the offense, I'm not thrilled but I'm not worried. Once healthy we'll be fine.
If Aldon Smith has a slow recovery then yes I'm worried
Share 49ersWebzone