49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 733 users in the forums

Lets just say, Goldson has another pro bowl year...?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
We franchise him again @ $7.4m if he doesnt sign a cap friendly deal, /end thread

This.
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
We franchise him again @ $7.4m if he doesnt sign a cap friendly deal, /end thread

This

nvm
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Jul 17, 2012 at 5:11 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 170,696
he's a goner after this season.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
4yrs 40mil

ha ha ha you're not serious, correct?
Baalke/Harbaugh are smart and they know that if they pay Goldson with a fat contract, there goes his body ignoring hits. Goldson laid it all on the line last year and had some really spectacular hits, but he also laid out our own players and takes a risk of taking himself out of the game. He is 80% big hitter and 20% ball hawk. It needs to be more like 50/50. I know he had a lot of INT's last year, but I give a lot of credit to the pressure of the front 7 for the errant throws their pressure caused.

That being said, I think Goldson deserves a contract, but he and his agent need to realize that he is not going to get a better contract than what the 49ers are offering.
If he has another pro bowl year I still don't see us tying up that much $ in him.

In Baalke I trust.
I think he'll be gone after this season. You can't pay everybody with salary cap.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
If he has another pro bowl year I still don't see us tying up that much $ in him.

In Baalke I trust.


The Niners have assigned a number to his talent level and the position. His agent follows Goldons direction, so if Goldson wanted the long term security, he would have signed the 5 year 25 million dollar deal 18 months ago. Since rejecting it he cannot focus on playing as much, and he made less.

2011- 2 million one year deal
2012- 6.2 million dollar deal.
2013- ??? if he gets injured, he got screwed. If he plays well he will be franchised again for 7.2 million.
2014. goner.

3 year 15 million dollar deal, or 5 million a year, the EXACT amount of annual salary the team projected to pay him.
If he puts up a similar year you sign him! This guy is 6ft 2in and can hit! I'm sorry, but guys who can instill intimidation add a different dimension to a defense and can create turnovers. Let's no get overly confident and think we are all of a sudden that good as a team and can replace someone like him easily.
Goldson will want Ft. Knox instead if the 49ers bank.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
We franchise him again @ $7.4m if he doesnt sign a cap friendly deal, /end thread

This.

Yep.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone