LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 228 users in the forums

Stadium Webcam

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Sonoco, thanks for the update. Keep them coming for those of us who check in on it but have no idea what we are looking at.

No problem. Will do.
Wow, I haven't checked it in like 2 days and it looks complete different. Didn't even know what I was looking at. Area looks cleaned up and like they are ready to start putting in the piles? Is each of those square areas a spot for a pile? You can see the outline of the stadium especially if you click the panorama view. Also, the parking garage in the back (santa clara's project not the 49ers) is starting to get there. Looks like most of it is up... just have to put the bells and whistles on it. Back to the stadium it's going to be real fun to watch once they get the outline up and they start working on the inside. We got through the boring part which was just the ground work and preparation.

Edit: and ignore people if they are hating on us for following this. It's part of being a die hard. It's a once in a lifetime event and I don't know about you guys but I want to feel like I was apart of it. I don't want ignore the project for 2 years and when it's done be like oh, there's our new stadium. Some of you guys are construction guys so that's another reason why you follow it. Others like me have no idea how a stadium is built and honestly I doubt many people out there do. So to me it's cool checking in regularly and seeing what is going on... what has changed and what progress has been made. To me it will make it that much sweeter when they play their 1st game in it knowing we were there from the beginning.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 14, 2012 at 10:20 AM ]
^^ The piles are already in. That's what those big drilling rigs were doing though May and June. There's a pile underneath each of the square shaped concrete units which are called pile caps. You can see bolts sticking out of the pile caps which the structural steel columns will eventually be bolted to.

It's easy to ignore people who poke fun for paying attention to this. I'm into it because I work in the construction industry, I'm a 49er fan, and like you said projects like this don't happen every day.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jul 14, 2012 at 12:46 PM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
^^ The piles are already in. That's what those big drilling rigs were doing though May and June. There's a pile underneath each of the square shaped concrete units which are called pile caps. You can see bolts sticking out of the pile caps which the structural steel columns will eventually be bolted to.

I got it now. I was thinking the piles were above ground and were like big steel beams that were the frame of the structure. What they really are is underground beams that the steel structure will get bolted to. Thanks again.
Wow so does that mean the next thing we will see will actually be steel beams being bolted down? That is what I have really been waiting for. Will be very exciting when the general frame of the stadium is done and we can actually see the gist of what it will look like finished.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Wow so does that mean the next thing we will see will actually be steel beams being bolted down? That is what I have really been waiting for. Will be very exciting when the general frame of the stadium is done and we can actually see the gist of what it will look like finished.

In August supposedly.
Great stuff to keep checking in on every now and then. Has been and will be something great to say we watched and seen get done.

In August supposedly.

Bay Area, this video explains a lot of things.
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/49ers-Begin-Building-New-Stadium-Piles/2e53b5ae-81f8-4cc5-b8fa-32104ec30f4a

In August they said it will start to go up and they said rather quickly once they reach that point.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Bay Area, this video explains a lot of things.
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/49ers-Begin-Building-New-Stadium-Piles/2e53b5ae-81f8-4cc5-b8fa-32104ec30f4a

In August they said it will start to go up and they said rather quickly once they reach that point.

cool thanks for the info and the link
In August supposedly.
Sonoco, I hadn't checked in for about a week since nothing much other than concrete work and hole digging seemed to be going on. But, today I noticed they are putting together one of those Biggee cranes. Is that in prep for the steel?

Originally posted by Born49R:
Sonoco, I hadn't checked in for about a week since nothing much other than concrete work and hole digging seemed to be going on. But, today I noticed they are putting together one of those Biggee cranes. Is that in prep for the steel?

I would say so yes, because I can't think of anything else that would need a crane that big. Looks like we are on the verge of seeing something go up above ground finally.

I would say so yes, because I can't think of anything else that would need a crane that big. Looks like we are on the verge of seeing something go up above ground finally.

Yeah, I'm not 100% certain but that would be a pretty safe bet.
Thanks, both BayArea and Sonoco. I assumed as much because I couldn't think of anything else it could be used for.
Thanks, both BayArea and Sonoco. I assumed as much because I couldn't think of anything else it could be used for.

Just got a glimpse of the crane. That big boy is definitely for steel erection.
Just got a glimpse of the crane. That big boy is definitely for steel erection.

Didn't see that yesterday when the person asked the question. Just seen it now though... if you looked at it from the hyatt (view 2) or great america cameras that thing is tall. wow! Don't get to see those in rural Wisconsin. Been to Milwaukee and seen some but not that big. Side note I remember this story back when they were building the Brewers new stadium. P.S. (mute it, not sure why someone put techno music instead of just the audio.) smh

Killed three guys. Everyone knock on wood that everything goes well during this contstruction. Of course we don't want anyone hurt or killed but it's not good for publicity or imo the stadium itself as well. It's almost like a curse on the stadium if something like that happens. Anyways, no jinx and knock on wood everything goes well.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 20, 2012 at 9:38 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone