LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

Stadium Webcam

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
It looks like a vapor barrier. Over that they'll place gravel, then reinforcing steel, then eventually pour a concrete slab.

Out of curiosity do you how much are these guys making an hour and what about the big crane operators? Seems like a pretty high pressure work environment.
  • mod
  • Veteran
my best friends older brother just delivered a load of steel a couple days ago, he said he wasnt allowed to take pics but that its a total clusterf**k of a zoo down there lol
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Out of curiosity do you how much are these guys making an hour and what about the big crane operators? Seems like a pretty high pressure work environment.

I don't think this is a "prevailing wage" project, but they're probably making something close to prevailing wage.

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlsr/pwd/Determinations%5CNorthern%5CNC-023-63-1%28D1%29.pdf

The unskilled laborers are probably making in the $15-$20 per hour range. The skilled labor which would be the heavy equipment operators, oilers, electricians, plumbers etc are likely making in the $30-$60 per hour range depending on experience.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jul 23, 2012 at 10:46 AM ]
Originally posted by modninerfan:
my best friends older brother just delivered a load of steel a couple days ago, he said he wasnt allowed to take pics but that its a total clusterf**k of a zoo down there lol

Thanks for sharing. Just looking at the cam it looks crazy. Although at one point there was even more equipment/supplies in the work area. Seems like they are a bit more organized now. Can't image organizing, planning and keeping track of what is all going on. At times I bet there was 50-100 pieces of equipment out there. Makes you wonder how they put up stadiums right in the middle of big cities. With all the trucks/equipment going in and out.

Thanks for the info sonoco

P.S. Anybody on here drive by there? Can you even see anything with those walls up?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 23, 2012 at 11:32 AM ]
Originally posted by modninerfan:

Thanks for sharing. Just looking at the cam it looks crazy. Although at one point there was even more equipment/supplies in the work area. Seems like they are a bit more organized now. Can't image organizing, planning and keeping track of what is all going on. At times I bet there was 50-100 pieces of equipment out there.

Thanks for the info sonoco

P.S. Anybody on here drive by there? Can you even see anything with those walls up?

I work 1.3 miles away and drive by all the time. ;-) They have those big green wals up that now have advertising for the STadium on them so you can't really see anything inside unless you are looking through the opening at the intersection at Tasman and Centennial.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I work 1.3 miles away and drive by all the time. ;-) They have those big green wals up that now have advertising for the STadium on them so you can't really see anything inside unless you are looking through the opening at the intersection at Tasman and Centennial.

Are those walls permanent? They look like concrete brick walls from the camera from the inside but do you know if they are part of the final look or just to keep people out/from seeing throughout the project. I don't recall them being up before... was there like a fence before that? Thanks in advance Marvin.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 23, 2012 at 11:28 AM ]

Are those walls permanent? They look like concrete brick walls from the camera from the inside but do you know if they are part of the final look or just to keep people out/from seeing throughout the project. I don't recall them being up before... was there like a fence before that? Thanks in advance Marvin.

Oh...THOSE walls. ;-)

The walls I was referring to are along the street. The walls you are talking about are actually at street level...IE the TOP of the walls is the same height as the sidewalk. They don't block anything along Tasman. The street is way above the level at which the site was graded. If you had ever been to the parking lot before you see that it kinda sloped down from the street.

Along the street tho they have those standard creen chainlink fences that you see at all construction sites with advertising for the stadium on it.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Jul 23, 2012 at 12:45 PM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran

Oh...THOSE walls. ;-)

The walls I was referring to are along the street. The walls you are talking about are actually at street level...IE the TOP of the walls is the same heaight as the sidewalk. They don't block anything along Tasman.

Along the street tho they have those standard creen chainlink fences that you see at all construction sites with advertising for the stadium on it.

If my "source" makes any more visits I'll let you guys know... I told him if he doesnt come back with pictures I'll kick his ass, I dont care about his job security. I told him to pretend that he was texting next time.
I am waiting to see those big ass cranes do something. Anybody see them use those yet? You can def see some new steel beams that showed up. Looks like they are digging some new holes too.
A lot has gotten done in a short amount of time... you guys remember counting down the ground breaking ceremony? That was April 19th... seems like they were just doing the work on the 49ers headquarters and digging trenches for the pipes/wiring.

P.S. Thanks mod, would be cool to get some up close pics (especially of the cranes) but we don't want to get him fired over it. Hopefully Scott Kegley and Taylor Price get out there and take some shots throughout the process.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 23, 2012 at 1:05 PM ]

Originally posted by BayArea:
I am waiting to see those big ass cranes do something. Anybody see them use those yet? You can def see some new steel beams that showed up. Looks like they are digging some new holes too.

we are gonna be getting blackedddddddd at this stadium
Originally posted by BayArea:

Only thing I seen them do is extend both of them almost all the way up (think the pic is on the last page). Other than that they were sitting over on the far side for a few days (half extended, pic on last page as well) and now they brought one over closest to the live cam. I'm assuming one will work on each side.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 23, 2012 at 1:08 PM ]
ive been wating for this dude in the forklift to slip a tire in that gutter for the last hour now. . .
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
ive been wating for this dude in the forklift to slip a tire in that gutter for the last hour now. . .

The guy in the skid steer? Yeah, my brother and cousin got really good in those things from all of us growing up on a farm. I've driven them a few times but am not too good at it. Anyways, those guys are good at it but that guy driving it must be pretty dang good to be going that close to the trench they are digging. Also, the guy was working pretty close to the swinging backhoe arm as well but maybe it's just the camera angle.

P.S. found this shot from the great america camera... not sure how long ago but I am thinking both those cranes are still up now. Isn't great america tower cam off the ground like 100 feet as well? Would seem even taller from the ground.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 23, 2012 at 1:20 PM ]
LOL!! Live stream the forklift finally slipped in the gutter. not the one they have on there now but they just viewed it to the right and they have some guys trying to get it out hahahaha
Share 49ersWebzone