There are 172 users in the forums

Stadium Webcam

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Born49R:
Originally posted by susweel:
and let me guess you also must be a big baseball fan.
Not really, even though I occasionally watch the Giants play. Can't stand the NBA anymore either even though basketball was my original sports passion.
However, I do watch cricket and World Cup soccer so you are correct about suspecting me of being boring.

I enjoy watching soccer as well, and I have attended cricket matches before in the UK.
Originally posted by susweel:
I enjoy watching soccer as well, and I have attended cricket matches before in the UK.
Then you might wind up being a closet stadium construction watcher with me and Marv.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Lookin' breezy out there today.
My favorite concrete mixer is on the web cam now

Never mind . . it was parked there for a few minutes then left . . . ok . . . back to work
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jun 22, 2012 at 8:37 AM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
My favorite concrete mixer is on the web cam now

Never mind . . it was parked there for a few minutes then left . . . ok . . . back to work
Is that your favorite that has been in front of the web cam today? For any of you construction nerds like me by my calculations they must have poured over 400yards of concrete today alone. 12 yd truck every 10 min., two at a time for at least 3 hours and that is just the ones in front of the camera. The ones on the opposite side I didn't bother to keep track of.
Oh, and just in case anyone wants to know, the camera sweeps every 5 min. on the 2 and 7 min mark.
Susweel is really gonna think I'm nuts now.
Originally posted by Born49R:
Is that your favorite that has been in front of the web cam today? For any of you construction nerds like me by my calculations they must have poured over 400yards of concrete today alone. 12 yd truck every 10 min., two at a time for at least 3 hours and that is just the ones in front of the camera. The ones on the opposite side I didn't bother to keep track of.
Oh, and just in case anyone wants to know, the camera sweeps every 5 min. on the 2 and 7 min mark.
Susweel is really gonna think I'm nuts now.

Haven't watched much today. It's the one with the helmet logo
They got the cement truck with the 9ers logo on it right in front of the cam. Can't believe how much equipment and supplies are in the construction area.
looks like it's almost done!
Originally posted by defenderDX:
looks like it's almost done!

Seriously! Love the giant Willis mural! And those bronze legends statues outside are looking dope!
A little update based on what I've been seeing lately:

They've been pouring hundreds of yards of concrete per day in laying down the grade beams and caps. If you look at the panorama view; when you pan to the right you can see the grade beams and caps pretty much poured out by grid-lines at the east section of the stadium. When you pan left you can see some in the process of being poured (actually it looks like they're pouring an elevator pit in today's version of the panorama) and beyond those you can see open grade beam excavations with rebar going in. They're moving right along.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
A little update based on what I've been seeing lately:

They've been pouring hundreds of yards of concrete per day in laying down the grade beams and caps. If you look at the panorama view; when you pan to the right you can see the grade beams and caps pretty much poured out by grid-lines at the east section of the stadium. When you pan left you can see some in the process of being poured (actually it looks like they're pouring an elevator pit in today's version of the panorama) and beyond those you can see open grade beam excavations with rebar going in. They're moving right along.

you actually watch the video? wow lol
Sonoco, thanks for the update. Keep them coming for those of us who check in on it but have no idea what we are looking at.
I'm glad I'm not the only sick b*****d watching that video every day. ;-)
So cool, thanks!
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I'm glad I'm not the only sick b*****d watching that video every day. ;-)

Marvin49, I can't help myself either. I check in at least 2-3 times a day. Glad we have Sononco to keep us up to date on what we are actually seeing. I was curious about the elevator pit as I couldn't figure out what they were.
Share 49ersWebzone