Originally posted by Afrikan:You can call someone immature or whatever for calling out what happened, but it doesn't change what Kaep did that sent Aldon in a downward spiral
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
F**king your teammates recent ex is a b***h move. Kaep is a punk ass who knew exact what he was doing. Dude didn't give a f**k about how that would affect Aldon and the team.
You're supposedly born in 1989 right? Late 30s..
The fact that you view it as just "f**king" is that insecure immature mindset I'm talking about.
I remember yeeears back, I knew someone who went around dating... and almost everytime there was an low key event, as I'm walking in he would tell me "hey hey man... just so you know that is my ex over there" " or I'm messin with that one over there" or even one time claimed some girl visiting from Seattle was his *cousin* and for me not get at her. Turns out I already knew the girl, and hell na that wasn't his cousin. Called his ass out, and told him I don't give f**k anymore... you can't just mess with different ladies for a bit over and over, or have someone on standby and suddenly they are all off limits.
Same thing with a potential serious relationship. You only live once.. and if anyone has been part of the dating scene these past 20 years, yall know s**t is crazy out there.... so if you come across potential good catch (and you feel you are one yourself), then f**k the world... you think long term and go for it. Because many years down the road, THAT is the person who is going to look after you. Not your boys, cousins, football teammates, etc. They will be in their own relationships or living the single life.
There are 428 users in the forums
The Aldon Smith thread - RIP
Jun 14, 2026 at 3:50 PM
- 49AllTheTime
- Veteran
- Posts: 72,952
Jun 14, 2026 at 4:04 PM
- Afrikan
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,670
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
You can call someone immature or whatever for calling out what happened, but it doesn't change what Kaep did that sent Aldon in a downward spiral
That's not true... that is my issue with this whole subject. Truth ignored, fictional drama embraced....for what ever reason.
Anyway, moving on like Genus has recommended in the previous page.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jun 14, 2026 at 4:35 PM ]
Jun 14, 2026 at 4:30 PM
- SmokeyJoe
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,900
Separate from the recent Kaep/Aldon comments in this thread (some of which I think are truly reprehensible), I think back to that MNF game against Chicago* in 2012.
You had Aldon Smith having his most statistically dominant game as a pro, and Kaepernick's first start… also a dominant performance.
That was such an exciting time to be a fan of the team. After a decade of irrelevance it seemed like everything was ahead of this team and it felt great as a fan. Aldon's impact was huge in that context. That's what makes sports so great as a form of entertainment, IMO.
You had Aldon Smith having his most statistically dominant game as a pro, and Kaepernick's first start… also a dominant performance.
That was such an exciting time to be a fan of the team. After a decade of irrelevance it seemed like everything was ahead of this team and it felt great as a fan. Aldon's impact was huge in that context. That's what makes sports so great as a form of entertainment, IMO.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Jun 14, 2026 at 5:48 PM ]
Jun 14, 2026 at 4:42 PM
- Memphis9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,641
Hopefully he has finally found the peace that seemingly eluded him in his life. 33.5 sacks in his first two years was amazing.
Jun 14, 2026 at 5:04 PM
- Chance
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,521
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Hopefully he has finally found the peace that seemingly eluded him in his life. 33.5 sacks in his first two years was amazing.
He was on a Reggie White pace. What could have been.
Jun 14, 2026 at 5:17 PM
- Fanaticofnfl
- Veteran
- Posts: 20,968
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Separate from the recent Kaep/Aldon comments in this thread (some of which I think are truly reprehensible), I think back to that MNF game against Washington in 2012.
You had Aldon Smith having his most statistically dominant game as a pro, and Kaepernick's first start… also a dominant performance.
That was such an exciting time to be a fan of the team. After a decade of irrelevance it seemed like everything was ahead of this team and it felt great as a fan. Aldon's impact was huge in that context. That's what makes sports so great as a form of entertainment, IMO.
That game was against Chicago not Washington.
Jun 14, 2026 at 5:22 PM
- Heroism
- Veteran
- Posts: 26,756
Aldon's agility and explosiveness was insane for a guy 6-4, 265 pounds. Until Myles Garrett came around, Aldon Smith was the best combination of talent, skill and athleticism that I'd ever seen.
My favorite Aldon Smith moment. I was 14 years old thinking to myself "we are gonna win this one" after that.
— jj (@JJ_Breezy88) June 14, 2026
Bosa can't do this, as much as I love him. Aldon had 1 speed in life. @BayAreaTrev @Coach_Yac pic.twitter.com/2twPUkcGMm
[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 14, 2026 at 5:23 PM ]
Jun 14, 2026 at 5:48 PM
- SmokeyJoe
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,900
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
That game was against Chicago not Washington.
Yep, good call. Appreciate the correction.
Jun 14, 2026 at 6:02 PM
- Bay2Bay9erAllday
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,799
I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to bring up Kap lol
i think some unknowingly project their own feelings about relationships on to Aldon. Maybe Aldon didnt like the fact that some fans made him out to be some p***y, that can't get over a relationship that then turned to drinking to deal with it. Like he was some game less geek that felt like he was never going to get another girl again lol
it's entirely possible he just liked to party and drink and it got out control.
Anyways, RIP to him.
i think some unknowingly project their own feelings about relationships on to Aldon. Maybe Aldon didnt like the fact that some fans made him out to be some p***y, that can't get over a relationship that then turned to drinking to deal with it. Like he was some game less geek that felt like he was never going to get another girl again lol
it's entirely possible he just liked to party and drink and it got out control.
Anyways, RIP to him.
Jun 14, 2026 at 6:45 PM
- Afrikan
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,670
I still remember this *celebration* from Aldon.. 🤣
Jun 14, 2026 at 6:49 PM
- Afrikan
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,670
Originally posted by Heroism:
Aldon's agility and explosiveness was insane for a guy 6-4, 265 pounds. Until Myles Garrett came around, Aldon Smith was the best combination of talent, skill and athleticism that I'd ever seen.
My favorite Aldon Smith moment. I was 14 years old thinking to myself "we are gonna win this one" after that.
— jj (@JJ_Breezy88) June 14, 2026
Bosa can't do this, as much as I love him. Aldon had 1 speed in life. @BayAreaTrev @Coach_Yac pic.twitter.com/2twPUkcGMm
I remember him being listed taller than 6'4 (even tho google states this now).. he sure as hell looked like it standing next to other folks... I swear 6'6 at one point... either way tall, long arms, yet had weight on him... and was nifty with his hands. Amazing player.
Jun 14, 2026 at 7:08 PM
- genus49
- Moderator
- Posts: 28,476
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I still remember this *celebration* from Aldon.. 🤣
He had some fun ones but that was easily the best one.
I remember being so exited to see Aldon and Aaron Lynch get a full season together. What a bummer.
Seeing all these stories about Aldon outside of the field without the bad has been really nice to see but makes it that much more sad seeing him gone at only 36.
Jun 14, 2026 at 7:28 PM
- brodiebluebanaszak
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,528
Gone too soon. Hope you are at peace now. Thanks for the moments.
Jun 14, 2026 at 8:15 PM
- RiceOwensStokes
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,552
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
You can call someone immature or whatever for calling out what happened, but it doesn't change what Kaep did that sent Aldon in a downward spiral
That's not true... that is my issue with this whole subject. Truth ignored, fictional drama embraced....for what ever reason.
Anyway, moving on like Genus has recommended in the previous page.
Lol. Sit this out out, Chief
Jun 14, 2026 at 8:20 PM
- 49ersRing
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,975
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I still remember this *celebration* from Aldon.. 🤣
It's a classic.