There are 175 users in the forums

Considering our additions at W.R. How would you rank Crabs as our W.R?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Considering our additions at W.R. How would you rank Crabs as our W.R?

Originally posted by Canadian49er:
Face it...the guys a bust. Never open, constantly b***hing and crying, lazy and when he does get the ball, he makes easy drops

Oh yes, How could I forget all the b***hing and crying that he's done....

Crabtree has the absolute worse backlash from a holdout that Ive ever seen.
Originally posted by cciowa:
I really hope it does not end for him the way it ended for rice in seattle or was it denver?maybe both. i think moss has more in his tank than jerry did back then. if he does not we will know by the time we play the pre season games

Rice was over 40 (43?) in Seattle and Denver, while Moss is 35.
Lets take a tally of the facts:

Item: Top 10 pick of a failed ragime
Item: Piss poor production
Item: Lazy/poor workethic
Item: Not into the playbook, and it shows
Item: Inability to gain separation, even against average DB's
Item: Not really committed
Item: Often injured
Item: Didn't show when handed the #1 spot basically completion free
Item: FO singed multiple FA WR's (and likely more)
Item: With the 30th pick of the 2012 NFL draft the San Francisco 49ers select A. J. Jenkins, WR, University of Illinois
Item: By all accounts JH & Co. seeks to become more explosive on offense

How many can still think that Crabs is our best option at WR, and our 1st rounder is no better than 3rd or 4th on the depth chart, given the above facts, strains my comprehension. To be sure, we all have a right to our own opinions. But no one has a right to their own facts. And given these facts I can't see the coaching staff feeling confident at all in Crabs as our primary WR going forward. Now I'm not saying that people have to agree with me. But in my humble opinion, one would have to ignore, or at least discard, the above facts to think that one Michael Crabtree will continue to be our primary WR. In my opinion, in order for Crabs to be the 49ers primary option - the #1 - WR in 2012 and beyond he is going to have to do a complete 180 in his production, work ethic, commitment, playbook study, WR skills (e.g. just getting open), etc. I don't know about anyone else but I have no evidence that Crabs will be able to make such a 180. I have no reason to believe that type of change is in him. I just don't see it.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Lets take a tally of the facts:

Item: Top 10 pick of a failed ragime
Item: Piss poor production
Item: Lazy/poor workethic
Item: Not into the playbook, and it shows
Item: Inability to gain separation, even against average DB's
Item: Not really committed
Item: Often injured
Item: Didn't show when handed the #1 spot basically completion free
Item: FO singed multiple FA WR's (and likely more)
Item: With the 30th pick of the 2012 NFL draft the San Francisco 49ers select A. J. Jenkins, WR, University of Illinois
Item: By all accounts JH & Co. seeks to become more explosive on offense

How many can still think that Crabs is our best option at WR, and our 1st rounder is no better than 3rd or 4th on the depth chart, given the above facts, strains my comprehension. To be sure, we all have a right to our own opinions. But no one has a right to their own facts. And given these facts I can't see the coaching staff feeling confident at all in Crabs as our primary WR going forward. Now I'm not saying that people have to agree with me. But in my humble opinion, one would have to ignore, or at least discard, the above facts to think that one Michael Crabtree will continue to be our primary WR. In my opinion, in order for Crabs to be the 49ers primary option - the #1 - WR in 2012 and beyond he is going to have to do a complete 180 in his production, work ethic, commitment, playbook study, WR skills (e.g. just getting open), etc. I don't know about anyone else but I have no evidence that Crabs will be able to make such a 180. I have no reason to believe that type of change is in him. I just don't see it.

This is going to sound like a stupid question but based on what you just wrote I have to ask. Do you know the difference between facts and opinions?
1. Crabtree
2. Jenkins
3. Moss / Manningham
4. Ginn

I dont think we will carry 6 WR's ...Crabtree and Jenkins will get the bulk of the work being they will be the 1-2 punch at WR for years to come , Moss and Manningham will get a lot of work in the slot ...Ginn should also get some work in to stretch the field and be our #1 KR ...Swain wont be able to crack the rotation and , it's not personal, but Kyle Williams will not make the team, just my opinion
Originally posted by 1swift:
Oh yes, How could I forget all the b***hing and crying that he's done....

Crabtree has the absolute worse backlash from a holdout that Ive ever seen.

That and the fact that he's just not very good.
I can't believe guys still have him as number one on the depth chart.. The guy is a possession receiver at best. He's not the fastest,.doesn't get open consistently, drops easy passes. This Is why we stressed the WR posistion so heavely this off season. Because other than Vernon D we had no elite speed or gamebreakers on the outside. Crabs will start at the 1 spot, but he may drop to 3rd (which he maybe more effective at) by week 6.
I think Crabtree will split time at every position as will Jenkings. Jenkins will probably work in more and more for Moss as the season goes on. Crabtree will spell Manningham and were probably looking at a healthy rotation of fresh legs next season which will be nice.
I see Jenkins contributing immediately to this team this season. I don't see why not. They can have packages for him just like the rookies they had last year in Hunter and Miller. Receiver is a harder position to integrate but Jenkins seems to be smart and polished enough to be able to do some things to help this team as he learn. The receiver group this year may be so good that they might have to carry an extra guy on the roster.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 1, 2012 at 7:46 AM ]
Jenkins isn't going to leapfrog Manningham. And I would not count Moss out of the starting lineup. The thing that is great is that there is going to be competition at WR this year. Crabtree to be our #1 or #3. I don't see our youngbloods (Williams, Jenkins, Owusu) beating out these veterans. So I'd say:

1. Crabtree
2. Moss (he's going to prove his doubters wrong)
3. Manningham
4. Jenkins (you don't draft them first round not to suit up)
5. Ginn
6. Williams (inactive)
7. Owusu (Practice squad)

and I do believe we carry 6 WRs because of the Achilles heel last year that was a lack of quality WR depth.
[ Edited by Youngone on May 1, 2012 at 7:51 AM ]

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
AJ is our best receiver already?

Vernon Davis is our best receiving option. I have my doubts about Moss, but if the winning continues, i think he'll be motivated. i don't know how some of you have Ginn over Williams. Ginn can't even catch the d*amn ball. still ticked about the last game, but Ginn is not better than Williams (***as a WR***)

1. Crabtree.
2. Moss (ONLY BECAUSE HE HASN'T PLAYING IN OVER A YEAR, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY?!!?!)
2. Manningham.
4. Jenkins
5. Williams
6. Ginn (a WR that can't catch...... c'mon)

--------cut for final roster----------

7. Swain
8. My Grandma
9. Hastings.

Agree with this 100%
This is the way I see it:

1. Moss ( the good Moss)
2. Crabtree
3. Mannigham
4. Ginn/ Williams/ Jenkins (coaches will insert each of these guys as they see fit depend on what they want to do on certain plays)
5. Owusu (practice squad -- maybe-- he might not make the team at all)
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 1, 2012 at 8:02 AM ]
Originally posted by natrone06:
This is going to sound like a stupid question but based on what you just wrote I have to ask. Do you know the difference between facts and opinions?

No, it doesn't sound like a stupid question. It is just the same point I was going to make.
"Baalke said starting wide receiver Michael Crabtree has participated fully in the offseason program and "his skill sets are going to shine even brighter" because of it. Crabtree's past three offseasons have been marred by an initial contract stalemate and repeated foot injuries."

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_20517477/randy-moss-joins-san-francisco-49ers-voluntary-workouts
[ Edited by English on May 1, 2012 at 8:10 AM ]
Originally posted by English:
"Baalke said starting wide receiver Michael Crabtree has participated fully in the offseason program and "his skill sets are going to shine even brighter" because of it. Crabtree's past three offseasons have been marred by an initial contract stalemate and repeated foot injuries."

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_20517477/randy-moss-joins-san-francisco-49ers-voluntary-workouts

HATERS GONNA HATE
Share 49ersWebzone