There are 764 users in the forums
Brandon Jacobs caravan
Shop Find 49ers gear online
Aug 18, 2012 at 9:07 PM
- Leathaface
- Veteran
- Posts: 16,735
BTW, the fact that his Xray came back negative MEANS NOTHING. All it tells you is that there's no bony injury.
Aug 18, 2012 at 9:07 PM
- KowboyKiller
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,991
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Ok. I am a 4th year med student. I think he either injured his PCL or his patella. But since he already had an xray, his patella is probably ok. The most likely injury is either a bruise (swelling, something that is not serious) OR the PCL injury. I doubt he has a meniscal injury, but that is possible. There's no way in hell he injured his ACL because he was hit from the front. To tear the ACL, you have be hit from the side or from the back. It's extremely rare otherwise.
And so yes, I think he will be fine. 6 week injury I'm guessing.
Showoff
Aug 18, 2012 at 9:08 PM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,130
Originally posted by Leathaface:BTW, the fact that his Xray came back negative MEANS NOTHING. All it tells you is that there's no bony injury.
Then why did they say the acl is fine.
Aug 18, 2012 at 9:09 PM
- Leathaface
- Veteran
- Posts: 16,735
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Ok. I am a 4th year med student. I think he either injured his PCL or his patella. But since he already had an xray, his patella is probably ok. The most likely injury is either a bruise (swelling, something that is not serious) OR the PCL injury. I doubt he has a meniscal injury, but that is possible. There's no way in hell he injured his ACL because he was hit from the front. To tear the ACL, you have be hit from the side or from the back. It's extremely rare otherwise.
And so yes, I think he will be fine. 6 week injury I'm guessing.
Showoff
6 figure debt and...doctors gettin paid less these days =
Aug 18, 2012 at 9:12 PM
- Leathaface
- Veteran
- Posts: 16,735
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
BTW, the fact that his Xray came back negative MEANS NOTHING. All it tells you is that there's no bony injury.
Then why did they say the acl is fine.
Read my previous post.
ACL = anterior cruciate ligament. To injure that ligament, you have to be hit from BEHIND (this putting stress on the ACL) or from the side. It is extremely rare to injure the ACL when getting hit from the anterior side.
He either injured his PCL (posterior cruciate ligament) or has a bone bruise.
The Xray tells you NOTHING about ligaments. It only reveals bony injury. It being negative only means there aren't breaks/fractures.
You can have confidence the ACL isn't injured via physical exam: Anterior drawer sign for example.
Aug 18, 2012 at 9:26 PM
- SnakePlissken
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,028
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
BTW, the fact that his Xray came back negative MEANS NOTHING. All it tells you is that there's no bony injury.
Then why did they say the acl is fine.
Read my previous post.
ACL = anterior cruciate ligament. To injure that ligament, you have to be hit from BEHIND (this putting stress on the ACL) or from the side. It is extremely rare to injure the ACL when getting hit from the anterior side.
He either injured his PCL (posterior cruciate ligament) or has a bone bruise.
The Xray tells you NOTHING about ligaments. It only reveals bony injury. It being negative only means there aren't breaks/fractures.
You can have confidence the ACL isn't injured via physical exam: Anterior drawer sign for example.
I agree, now I have no extensive knowledge in the medical field, but I can tell ya from my own playing experience, that no matter what, you take a blunt shot like Brandon did to your knee with your pads unluckily protruded upwards (no matter the severity), it's gonna HURT LIKE A MOTHAf**kA! -You're be hobbling around for a month and a half, and you're gonna wish you were dead!
Aug 18, 2012 at 9:50 PM
- teeohh
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,874
We need him
Aug 18, 2012 at 9:56 PM
- dave1003
- Veteran
- Posts: 112
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Ok. I am a 4th year med student. I think he either injured his PCL or his patella. But since he already had an xray, his patella is probably ok. The most likely injury is either a bruise (swelling, something that is not serious) OR the PCL injury. I doubt he has a meniscal injury, but that is possible. There's no way in hell he injured his ACL because he was hit from the front. To tear the ACL, you have be hit from the side or from the back. It's extremely rare otherwise.
And so yes, I think he will be fine. 6 week injury I'm guessing.
I think it's more likely an MCL. Whenever you get hit on the outside like that it causes the inside of the knee to widen. I doubt it's a PCL since those are extremely rare and caused when the shin is striked backwards which didn't occur.
Aug 18, 2012 at 9:59 PM
- Joecool
- Veteran
- Posts: 70,984
Originally posted by Leathaface:Ok. I am a 4th year med student. I think he either injured his PCL or his patella. But since he already had an xray, his patella is probably ok. The most likely injury is either a bruise (swelling, something that is not serious) OR the PCL injury. I doubt he has a meniscal injury, but that is possible. There's no way in hell he injured his ACL because he was hit from the front. To tear the ACL, you have be hit from the side or from the back. It's extremely rare otherwise.
And so yes, I think he will be fine. 6 week injury I'm guessing.
You med people over analyze. It is obviously a bone contusion and he will be out two weeks. Unprofessional opinions are what we should go by...and the fact that Jacobs is an injury prone wuss.
Aug 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM
- SnakePlissken
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,028
Wow, anybody see the sort of tweets people have been leaving Jacobs? -Sick s**t, and the sad thing is that most of them are Giants fans (not surprised though, cause most of all their fans are all class-less s**t bags, anyways).
https://twitter.com/gatorboy45
https://twitter.com/gatorboy45
Bee Would @vagpenatration
@gatorboy45 I hope it's career ending you f**king hurt bag. Suck 78 dicks you pasty s**t head.
Chef Heaux-Yardee @ImSleepTho
YOU f**kIN PIECE OF s**t!! @gatorboy45
Roshan Shah @sunnyshah013
f**k you @gatorboy45 you deserve that s**t
Aug 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM
- Leathaface
- Veteran
- Posts: 16,735
Originally posted by dave1003:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Ok. I am a 4th year med student. I think he either injured his PCL or his patella. But since he already had an xray, his patella is probably ok. The most likely injury is either a bruise (swelling, something that is not serious) OR the PCL injury. I doubt he has a meniscal injury, but that is possible. There's no way in hell he injured his ACL because he was hit from the front. To tear the ACL, you have be hit from the side or from the back. It's extremely rare otherwise.
And so yes, I think he will be fine. 6 week injury I'm guessing.
I think it's more likely an MCL. Whenever you get hit on the outside like that it causes the inside of the knee to widen. I doubt it's a PCL since those are extremely rare and caused when the shin is striked backwards which didn't occur.
Yea PCL is less likely if he wasn't hit in the shin. I thought he was though...? MCL is definitely still likely...I'm just hoping it's a low grade injury. You in the med field dave?
Aug 18, 2012 at 10:48 PM
- MuggD
- Veteran
- Posts: 37,990
Brandon Jacobs @gatorboy45
Big ups to Kareem Jackson from the Texans he is a classy guy, he came to the the X-ray room to wish me a speedy recovery.
Big ups to Kareem Jackson from the Texans he is a classy guy, he came to the the X-ray room to wish me a speedy recovery.
Aug 18, 2012 at 10:48 PM
- 21SandersMoss84
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,887
Originally posted by Leathaface:Originally posted by KowboyKiller:Originally posted by Leathaface:Ok. I am a 4th year med student. I think he either injured his PCL or his patella. But since he already had an xray, his patella is probably ok. The most likely injury is either a bruise (swelling, something that is not serious) OR the PCL injury. I doubt he has a meniscal injury, but that is possible. There's no way in hell he injured his ACL because he was hit from the front. To tear the ACL, you have be hit from the side or from the back. It's extremely rare otherwise.
And so yes, I think he will be fine. 6 week injury I'm guessing.
Showoff
So by your logic, no one should be a doctor because of the debt incurred.
[ Edited by 21SandersMoss84 on Aug 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM ]
Aug 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM
- Leathaface
- Veteran
- Posts: 16,735
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Ok. I am a 4th year med student. I think he either injured his PCL or his patella. But since he already had an xray, his patella is probably ok. The most likely injury is either a bruise (swelling, something that is not serious) OR the PCL injury. I doubt he has a meniscal injury, but that is possible. There's no way in hell he injured his ACL because he was hit from the front. To tear the ACL, you have be hit from the side or from the back. It's extremely rare otherwise.
And so yes, I think he will be fine. 6 week injury I'm guessing.
Showoff
6 figure debt and...doctors gettin paid less these days =
So by your logic, no one should be a logic because of the debt incurred.
No we should still be doctors, but professional "logics"...no, never.
Aug 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM
- teeohh
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,874
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:Wow, anybody see the sort of tweets people have been leaving Jacobs? -Sick s**t, and the sad thing is that most of them are Giants fans (not surprised though, cause most of all their fans are all class-less s**t bags, anyways).
https://twitter.com/gatorboy45
Quote:Bee Would ‏@vagpenatration
@gatorboy45 I hope it's career ending you f**king hurt bag. Suck 78 dicks you pasty s**t head.
Chef Heaux-Yardee ‏@ImSleepTho
YOU f**kIN PIECE OF s**t!! @gatorboy45
Roshan Shah @sunnyshah013
f**k you @gatorboy45 you deserve that s**t
Cowards wouldn't say that to his face.


