There are 215 users in the forums

Will Crabtree ever be this good?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
one thing i wouldn't do is take Blackman, as good as I like him. Why? He won biletnikof award twice in college. Know who else did that? That's right, Crbtre.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
one thing i wouldn't do is take Blackman, as good as I like him. Why? He won biletnikof award twice in college. Know who else did that? That's right, Crbtre.

blackmon is much more physically talented and doesnt have that chronic injury crabtree has though
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
This coming season, Crabtree will easily have over a thousand yards. The Niners have a full off-season to work on their longer and mid-range routes. They'll have another speedster on the outside to go with Davis on the inside and this will open up the middle where Crabtree will shine. Safeties will not be able to play up and Gore will also be a beneficiary. Since the safeties will be shading back, Crabtree's bubble screens will also be clicking. I look for Crabtree to surprise all the doubters this year. By the middle of the season, those who wanted the Niners to get rid of him will be eating their words.

Crabtree fans have been saying that since after his rookie season.....

TBH if he cant get 1000 when he is the only WR to target, i have serious doubts he will ever be a 1000 receiver. Im not even sure he will be a starter.

The problem being the only receiver is that the defense focuses on you and not Brett Swain. Now, I don't believe he's reached his potential, but Crabtree has done nothing but get better each and every season. I have faith in him this coming season.
the irrational hate for Crab has gotta be the worst thing going on in the Zone. People act like he was the receiver who fumbled 3 times in the NFC championship game.
Let me start by saying: Crabtree is a very good WR.

However, I just personally dislike the guy.

Am I the only one that would love to hear the Niners traded Crabs to move up in the draft and pick a stud, high in the 2nd and pick up a nice 4th rounder?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Hopefully he gets traded today.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
the irrational hate for Crab has gotta be the worst thing going on in the Zone. People act like he was the receiver who fumbled 3 times in the NFC championship game.

No, he was the one that was a top 10 pick, held out for #1 money, considers himself a #1 and caught 1 ball for 3 yards. FAIL
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Am I the only one that would love to hear the Niners traded Crabs to move up in the draft and pick a stud, high in the 2nd and pick up a nice 4th rounder?
if we did we would have to pick up an alshon jeffery or rubean randle

i think he will break out this year

he has some WR around him that he will not be the only guy targeted out of opposing CB and also this should be the first year in his career hw will get some practice in and he wont be learning the offense as the season goees on
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

he has some WR around him that he will not be the only guy targeted out of opposing CB and also this should be the first year in his career hw will get some practice in and he wont be learning the offense as the season goees on

Like I said, talent isn't the issue for me. I just dont like him. I just dont feel he's bought into being a Niner, nor does he care to be......

I think it would be funnier than all get out if we traded him to some crap team in the North (Minny?) where the weather sucks and they dont throw the ball well.

Like I said, talent isn't the issue for me. I just dont like him. I just dont feel he's bought into being a Niner, nor does he care to be......

I think it would be funnier than all get out if we traded him to some crap team in the North (Minny?) where the weather sucks and they dont throw the ball well.

Where has he not bought into being a niner!? Harbaugh basically praised Crabs the entire year talking about his improvement. I have yet to see what some of you are claiming. I saw a guy who had a foot problem early in his career and finally got healthy last year and it showed. During TC last year I remember reading he was at all the meetings and was very in tune with what was going on. The hate is insane. People talking about trading a guy who's only been in the league for 3 years and has improved every year with a pathetic offense and very average QB play up untill last year

well...... we effectively "could" run something like a spread O now........................................
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
well...... we effectively "could" run something like a spread O now........................................

We "could" but it would just be a whole new offense for us to learn again. I think the number one priority this off season is improving on the offense we had last year.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Where has he not bought into being a niner!? Harbaugh basically praised Crabs the entire year talking about his improvement. I have yet to see what some of you are claiming. I saw a guy who had a foot problem early in his career and finally got healthy last year and it showed. During TC last year I remember reading he was at all the meetings and was very in tune with what was going on. The hate is insane. People talking about trading a guy who's only been in the league for 3 years and has improved every year with a pathetic offense and very average QB play up untill last year

he is the best WR on this team but the bad offense is partly his fault

i like crabs a lot and just like in mmy previous post i think he will have a breakout year im talking 1100+ yards next year and i truly believe that

in the past years he has been aour #1 WR but because he misses TC preseason and OTA every years so far and because we have to learn a new playbook every year he falls completely behind the curve and is basically learning the offense as we play in the season

thats whats hurting the offense

just to throw some stats out there:

in the last 7 games last season he had some 520 yards over 16 game season that just under 1200 yards... compared to first 8 games where he only got 300ish

he ended last year strong as he got used to teh offense this year same playbook and hopefully some practice before season starts he willl explode

i dont think he will ever be that pure #1 WR he isnt that talented physically but he will put up good to great stas
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

We "could" but it would just be a whole new offense for us to learn again. I think the number one priority this off season is improving on the offense we had last year.

i wasn't implying that we should.

just pointing out that there's more room for the underneath routes in a spread offense because of loose coverage...... which we will hopefully see more of next season because of scheme and personnel.......
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

he is the best WR on this team but the bad offense is partly his fault

i like crabs a lot and just like in mmy previous post i think he will have a breakout year im talking 1100+ yards next year and i truly believe that

in the past years he has been aour #1 WR but because he misses TC preseason and OTA every years so far and because we have to learn a new playbook every year he falls completely behind the curve and is basically learning the offense as we play in the season

thats whats hurting the offense

just to throw some stats out there:

in the last 7 games last season he had some 520 yards over 16 game season that just under 1200 yards... compared to first 8 games where he only got 300ish

he ended last year strong as he got used to teh offense this year same playbook and hopefully some practice before season starts he willl explode

i dont think he will ever be that pure #1 WR he isnt that talented physically but he will put up good to great stas

Agreed, good post I think he's going to break out this year as well. I agree he isn't helping the offense by being behind te learning curve and he does need to be there practicing not just mentally learning. I just am dumbfounded by the people who want to dump the guy already after 3 years in the league with him improving every year. With the weapons we now have it will take a lot of te pressure off of him as well and if he can get some more chemistry going with Alex he could be that go to WR
Share 49ersWebzone