LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Will Crabtree ever be this good?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by sixbricks:
"Michael Crabtree‏@KingCrab15 football camp all ages in Dallas june 8th-9th... More details later"
...Crabs should be shipped to the Cowboys in return for more picks

It will teach kids on the "Art of a holdout", and "How to miss Training Camp 101".

Sign up quickly and he will also throw a free guide on "How to throw your QB under the bus".

LOL. Crabtree thinks he's a younger version of Moss? Hmmmm, Moss is notorious for beating double teams, is 6'4", has epic speed and timing of his jumps and can stretch the field. Defenses game plan to stop him. Crabtree is a good down-field blocker and Moss isn't. In fact, are there ANY similarities?

Funny kid though!
Originally posted by NCommand:
LOL. Crabtree thinks he's a younger version of Moss? Hmmmm, Moss is notorious for beating double teams, is 6'4", has epic speed and timing of his jumps and can stretch the field. Defenses game plan to stop him. Crabtree is a good down-field blocker and Moss isn't. In fact, are there ANY similarities?

Funny kid though!

You must've been in the chat.

I asked that question

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Funny kid though!

You must've been in the chat.

I asked that question

I sure was! Great question...

Glad he's working with his mentor but dayem, not even CLOSE! Glad he at least recognizes he needs to learn how to beat double teams (referenced the Giants game). Although it seemed like he was single covered almost the entire game. Delusional again here?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
he is the best WR on this team but the bad offense is partly his fault

i like crabs a lot and just like in mmy previous post i think he will have a breakout year im talking 1100+ yards next year and i truly believe that

in the past years he has been aour #1 WR but because he misses TC preseason and OTA every years so far and because we have to learn a new playbook every year he falls completely behind the curve and is basically learning the offense as we play in the season

thats whats hurting the offense

just to throw some stats out there:

in the last 7 games last season he had some 520 yards over 16 game season that just under 1200 yards... compared to first 8 games where he only got 300ish

he ended last year strong as he got used to teh offense this year same playbook and hopefully some practice before season starts he willl explode

i dont think he will ever be that pure #1 WR he isnt that talented physically but he will put up good to great stas
Sounds good in theory until you look at who we played. The last 7 games, 5 were against divisional opponents.

11/20vsARI 7 120 One on one against a rookie in Peterson.
11/24@ BAL 6 54
12/4vsSTL 4 96 Garbage secondary that he smoked-he should be able to beat street free agents.
12/11@ ARI 7 63 One on one against a rookie in Peterson.
12/19vsPIT 4 35
12/24@ SEA 5 85 Good game but again against a mediocre CB.
1/1@ STL 8 86 Garbage secondary that he smoked-he should be able to beat street free agents.

His best games during the entire year were against NFCW teams and none were great at the CB position. Beating up on the inferior competition doesn't prove anything.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
NFL.com posted an article today that stated that the 2009 Draft might be the worst overall draft in NFL history. It has produced few Pro Bowlers. The author also believes that Crabtree is no more than a number 3 receiver. It's a great article but I'm not sure how to post the link. I think he's a number two WR, personally.

he's a good posession receiver and a good blocker, and he doesn't seem to be the diva that people thought he might be. If it's any consolation, McCloughan was going to take Michael Oher if Crabtree wasn't available. Oher had a great rookie season, but I believe he has dropped off quite a bit since then.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
NFL.com posted an article today that stated that the 2009 Draft might be the worst overall draft in NFL history. It has produced few Pro Bowlers. The author also believes that Crabtree is no more than a number 3 receiver. It's a great article but I'm not sure how to post the link. I think he's a number two WR, personally.

he's a good posession receiver and a good blocker, and he doesn't seem to be the diva that people thought he might be. If it's any consolation, McCloughan was going to take Michael Oher if Crabtree wasn't available. Oher had a great rookie season, but I believe he has dropped off quite a bit since then.

In hindsight we ended at a more advantageous position in taking Crabtree. If we had taken Oher, we wouldn't have drafted Davis. Although I haven't seen too much of Oher, I think Davis is comparable.
"He was my favorite player since I started playing football," Crabtree responded on 49ers.com. "I would hate to say this, but he's like an older version of me. He's a good guy to be around. All receivers like to have fun, we don't do anything but run all day."

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/05/17/no-hard-knocks-for-49ers-staley-rogers-make-top-100-crabtree-on-moss-goldson-jenkins-update/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Minus the TDs, receptions and production.........I agree 100 percent.

Anyone have the video of the moster head shot Crabtree clearly took last year?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
"He was my favorite player since I started playing football," Crabtree responded on 49ers.com. "I would hate to say this, but he's like an older version of me. He's a good guy to be around. All receivers like to have fun, we don't do anything but run all day."

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/05/17/no-hard-knocks-for-49ers-staley-rogers-make-top-100-crabtree-on-moss-goldson-jenkins-update/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

One similarity they might have is taking plays off, only Crabtree does his mentor one better by taking entire training camps and preseasons off. LOL! And, any receiver who chooses Moss as his role model, instead of Jerry Rice has clearly suffered head trauma.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:

One similarity they might have is taking plays off, only Crabtree does his mentor one better by taking entire training camps and preseasons off. LOL! And, any receiver who chooses Moss as his role model, instead of Jerry Rice has clearly suffered head trauma.

Agreed.

But at least now he can at least play with Moss, whereas he never could with Rice.

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Agreed.

But at least now he can at least play with Moss, whereas he never could with Rice.

hate to make all of us feel old, but Rice was before Crabtree's time. When Moss was a rookie Crabtree was 10 and Jerry was in his twilight years with the Niners. That's like having your only memories of Michael Jordan be of him on the wizards.

The WR's he had to look up to were guys Moss, TO, Keyshawn Johnson, Chad Johnson/Ochoccinco........... not that i'm making excuses.

but the Moss is an older version of me statement........... SMH.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Agreed.

hate to make all of us feel old, but Rice was before Crabtree's time. When Moss was a rookie Crabtree was 10 and Jerry was in his twilight years with the Niners. That's like having your only memories of Michael Jordan be of him on the wizards.

The WR's he had to look up to were guys Moss, TO, Keyshawn Johnson, Chad Johnson/Ochoccinco........... not that i'm making excuses.

Actually that's an excellent point, I as an old fart, hadn't considered. Still, as a 9'er he couldn't possibly NOT been aware of Rice's legacy and word is, he had a chance to be mentored or at least counselled by Rice and never took him up on it, as Jenkins appears ready to do.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Agreed.

Actually that's an excellent point, I as an old fart, hadn't considered. Still, as a 9'er he couldn't possibly NOT been aware of Rice's legacy and word is, he had a chance to be mentored or at least counselled by Rice and never took him up on it, as Jenkins appears ready to do.

wouldn't be surprised if that word was true. the most disappointing thing for me with crabtree is his effort. seems like that's changes with the right coaching staff though.... . here's to hoping.

thinking about that moss self comparision, i think he meant in personality. which i do agree on... not in a good way.
I think the main comparison he's making between him and Moss is their football saaviness and perhaps laid back attitude? Who knows what their TRUE personalities are like, but perhaps they're similar in a lot of ways us outsiders just don't/can't know about. But I've read that Moss is a really intelligent football player - I'm sure many have read/heard about this, and I've read the same about Crabtree - I believe the phrase "football savant" is what I've seen used to describe the both of them.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Harbaugh-Crabtree-has-best-hands-Ive-eve?blockID=710336&feedID=5936

Haters, hate away
[ Edited by DirtyP on May 18, 2012 at 4:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone