LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 147 users in the forums

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
I'm already sensing character issues with this guy.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/03/22/manningham-possibility-of-playing-with-peyton-wasnt-a-factor/?tsp=1

Quote:

OK, here we go:

* For starters, let's begin with the end. Manningham concluded the call by saying, "Thanks for interviewing me."
What a condescending prick! I can definitely sense that this guy is a sarcastic cat.

Quote:
* Manningham's signing was reported Saturday, but he didn't officially sign his contract until today. Why the delay? Manningham was vague, but indicated some of the details of the deal were being worked out.

"Just details and talking and things," he said.

Too busy with the Manning watch and hoping he could pad his fantasy stats knowing that he's gonna go up against a washed up Moss and an overrated Crabtree.
Quote:

* Manningham said the possibility of playing with Peyton Manning didn't factor into his decision to sign with the Niners.

"It didn't," he said. "I wanted to go there and I knew that Peyton Manning was going to go somewhere. I thought he was coming to the 49ers, but he didn't. He went to Denver. But good luck to him with that. I wish the best for him. We've got Alex Smith and I know he's a great player. He played good last year."

Liar! That's along the lines of Alex saying he would have relished competing against Peyton for the starting QB job here.

Quote:

* Manningham said San Francisco's defense was a factor in his decision. Manningham faced the Niners twice last year as a member of the Giants.

"They swarm," he said. "And they hit you. They cover you. I feel like they've got the best linebacking corps in the league."

He's a p***y and doesn't wanna get hit by Patrick Willis.

Wow some of you have gone full on vaginal since FA started. He said nothing wrong in any of that interview. And There's nothing that points out character flaws

Stop looking for s**t

I'll have you know that I'm an HR Manager where I work. I know a team cancer when I see one.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/03/22/manningham-possibility-of-playing-with-peyton-wasnt-a-factor/?tsp=1

OK, here we go:

* For starters, let's begin with the end. Manningham concluded the call by saying, "Thanks for interviewing me."
What a condescending prick! I can definitely sense that this guy is a sarcastic cat.

* Manningham's signing was reported Saturday, but he didn't officially sign his contract until today. Why the delay? Manningham was vague, but indicated some of the details of the deal were being worked out.

Too busy with the Manning watch and hoping he could pad his fantasy stats knowing that he's gonna go up against a washed up Moss and an overrated Crabtree.

* Manningham said the possibility of playing with Peyton Manning didn't factor into his decision to sign with the Niners.

"It didn't," he said. "I wanted to go there and I knew that Peyton Manning was going to go somewhere. I thought he was coming to the 49ers, but he didn't. He went to Denver. But good luck to him with that. I wish the best for him. We've got Alex Smith and I know he's a great player. He played good last year."

Liar! That's along the lines of Alex saying he would have relished competing against Peyton for the starting QB job here.

* Manningham said San Francisco's defense was a factor in his decision. Manningham faced the Niners twice last year as a member of the Giants.

"They swarm," he said. "And they hit you. They cover you. I feel like they've got the best linebacking corps in the league."

are you on crack???????

"Thanks for interviewing me" That is about as polite as you can get.

- Contract details, were delayed because the FO wanted to make sure it could support the cash that it would require if Manning picked us.

- Calling him a liar for saying Manning didnt affect his decision? Who are you to judge?

- Of course you want to go to a team with a good defense as well as offense.

Man you're just a tool who doesn't like this signing. Get it over it, 6 months from now when Manningham is tearing it up for us you'll probably be one of the people on here saying "OMG I WAS SO STOKED WHEN WE SIGNED HIM!! HES GOING TO BE OUR #1 NEXT SEASON!!"

Quit it with these assumptions and be happy.

EDIT: You're an HR manager?!?! That doesn't mean s*** when reading transcripts from an NFL player.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 22, 2012 at 11:41 AM ]

OK, here we go:

I am really and truly flummoxed how you interpreted this interview. I had the exact opposite reaction. I think he wants to play for a team that is going to win. Of course he was intrigued by the possibility of Manning being the QB - what receiver wouldn't? In the end, this is still a better opportunity for him than St. Louis.
Originally posted by sfout:
are you on crack???????

Man you're just a tool who doesn't like this signing. Get it over it, 6 months from now when Manningham is tearing it up for us you'll probably be one of the people on here saying "OMG I WAS SO STOKED WHEN WE SIGNED HIM!! HES GOING TO BE OUR #1 NEXT SEASON!!"

Say that when Alex throws one of his patented bombs down the field only for it to fall 3 steps ahead of Manningham because he lacks top speed.
Edit
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Mar 22, 2012 at 11:45 AM ]
are you on crack???????

Say that when Alex throws one of his patented bombs down the field only for it to fall 3 steps ahead of Manningham because he lacks top speed.

Or maybe the ball is too far in front of him
Stop feeding the trolling alias.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

LOL - Where is this coming from that he doesn't have top end speed? He runs between a 4.39(pro day) and a 4.59(combine)? You are aware that Eli Manning has more arm strength then Alex Smith does right?

I dont even really have a strong opinion either way on this signing but I know what you're saying is pretty much a baseless opinion from your point of view.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Jennings is gonna get cut

i agree
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:
Stop feeding the trolling alias.

I'm done

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by niners9:

i agree
I finished this years season in madden and he retired
You are aware that Eli Manning has more arm strength then Alex Smith does right?

Wrong. Have you seen the size of Alex's muscles compared to Eli?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

i agree

yep thats what always happens. Its DESTINY!
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

i agree

yep thats what always happens. Its DESTINY!
first year the put him in the game and he walks lol
  • sfout
  • Veteran
You are aware that Eli Manning has more arm strength then Alex Smith does right?

Wrong. Have you seen the size of Alex's muscles compared to Eli?

Muscle size doe not indicate arm strength, shows how much you know. Peyton Manning has been a blob of jello for his entire career and he could out throw nearly anyone, same with Brady. Muscle Memory matters more then size.
Share 49ersWebzone