There are 199 users in the forums

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
You are aware that Eli Manning has more arm strength then Alex Smith does right?

Wrong. Have you seen the size of Alex's muscles compared to Eli?

Muscle size doe not indicate arm strength, shows how much you know. Peyton Manning has been a blob of jello for his entire career and he could out throw nearly anyone, same with Brady. Muscle Memory matters more then size.

Alex would kick Eli's ass
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I'm already sensing character issues with this guy.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/03/22/manningham-possibility-of-playing-with-peyton-wasnt-a-factor/?tsp=1

Quote:

OK, here we go:

* For starters, let's begin with the end. Manningham concluded the call by saying, "Thanks for interviewing me."
What a condescending prick! I can definitely sense that this guy is a sarcastic cat.

Quote:
* Manningham's signing was reported Saturday, but he didn't officially sign his contract until today. Why the delay? Manningham was vague, but indicated some of the details of the deal were being worked out.

"Just details and talking and things," he said.
Too busy with the Manning watch and hoping he could pad his fantasy stats knowing that he's gonna go up against a washed up Moss and an overrated Crabtree.
Quote:

* Manningham said the possibility of playing with Peyton Manning didn't factor into his decision to sign with the Niners.

"It didn't," he said. "I wanted to go there and I knew that Peyton Manning was going to go somewhere. I thought he was coming to the 49ers, but he didn't. He went to Denver. But good luck to him with that. I wish the best for him. We've got Alex Smith and I know he's a great player. He played good last year."

Liar! That's along the lines of Alex saying he would have relished competing against Peyton for the starting QB job here.

Quote:

* Manningham said San Francisco's defense was a factor in his decision. Manningham faced the Niners twice last year as a member of the Giants.

"They swarm," he said. "And they hit you. They cover you. I feel like they've got the best linebacking corps in the league."

He's a p***y and doesn't wanna get hit by Patrick Willis.

Wow some of you have gone full on vaginal since FA started. He said nothing wrong in any of that interview. And There's nothing that points out character flaws

Stop looking for s**t

I'll have you know that I'm an HR Manager where I work. I know a team cancer when I see one.

Do you have a commemorative coin to prove it?
You are aware that Eli Manning has more arm strength then Alex Smith does right?

Muscle size doe not indicate arm strength, shows how much you know. Peyton Manning has been a blob of jello for his entire career and he could out throw nearly anyone, same with Brady. Muscle Memory matters more then size.

Wrong again Charles.

^ He better be willing to catch 9 yd slants and outs. And I'm sure he will have significantly less long TDs.

Wrong again Charles.

damn what a difference from being 22 to being 36
Originally posted by sixbricks:

He bobbled the ball a lot...and these are highlights.

i'm looking for clean catches...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He bobbled the ball a lot...and these are highlights.

i'm looking for clean catches...

that. looks pretty bad.

Wrong again Charles.

I'm assuming you are trolling datnyjersireez or you just don't understand that having huge muscles doesn't make your arm better. A lot of baseball pitchers and quarterbacks don't have huge muscles. Bigger muscles usally get in the way and you lose flexibility. Think of a guy like Vernon Davis trying to reach back and throw a pitch... he doesn't have the flexibility like say a guy like Randy Johnson.

Not saying they don't have any muscles but just because you have bigger muscles doesn't mean your arm strength is better.
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Mar 22, 2012 at 12:58 PM ]

He is over-rated. Giant Fans will not miss him go. He drops allot of passes. Who will be the #2 WR. Him or Moss?
still need to draft a WR
Originally posted by jreff22:
still need to draft a WR

Hopefully that HIll kid from G Tech...
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I'm already sensing character issues with this guy.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/03/22/manningham-possibility-of-playing-with-peyton-wasnt-a-factor/?tsp=1

Quote:

OK, here we go:

* For starters, let's begin with the end. Manningham concluded the call by saying, "Thanks for interviewing me."
What a condescending prick! I can definitely sense that this guy is a sarcastic cat.

Quote:
* Manningham's signing was reported Saturday, but he didn't officially sign his contract until today. Why the delay? Manningham was vague, but indicated some of the details of the deal were being worked out.

"Just details and talking and things," he said.

Too busy with the Manning watch and hoping he could pad his fantasy stats knowing that he's gonna go up against a washed up Moss and an overrated Crabtree.
Quote:

* Manningham said the possibility of playing with Peyton Manning didn't factor into his decision to sign with the Niners.

"It didn't," he said. "I wanted to go there and I knew that Peyton Manning was going to go somewhere. I thought he was coming to the 49ers, but he didn't. He went to Denver. But good luck to him with that. I wish the best for him. We've got Alex Smith and I know he's a great player. He played good last year."

Liar! That's along the lines of Alex saying he would have relished competing against Peyton for the starting QB job here.

Quote:

* Manningham said San Francisco's defense was a factor in his decision. Manningham faced the Niners twice last year as a member of the Giants.

"They swarm," he said. "And they hit you. They cover you. I feel like they've got the best linebacking corps in the league."

He's a p***y and doesn't wanna get hit by Patrick Willis.

Wow some of you have gone full on vaginal since FA started. He said nothing wrong in any of that interview. And There's nothing that points out character flaws

Stop looking for s**t

I'll have you know that I'm an HR Manager where I work. I know a team cancer when I see one.

Do you work for an NFL team? Have you ever been in or seen an NFL locker room? I don't think being in HR qaulifies you to diagnose locker room cancer...
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Wrong again Charles.

I'm assuming you are trolling datnyjersireez or you just don't understand that having huge muscles doesn't make your arm better. A lot of baseball pitchers and quarterbacks don't have huge muscles. Bigger muscles usally get in the way and you lose flexibility. Think of a guy like Vernon Davis trying to reach back and throw a pitch... he doesn't have the flexibility like say a guy like Randy Johnson.

Not saying they don't have any muscles but just because you have bigger muscles doesn't mean your arm strength is better.

Exactly. Muscle really has nothing to do with arm strength. Obviously it helps sometimes, but it more has to do with form than anything else.

I have a buddy who is a scrawny piece of s**t but damn can he throw a baseball. It is all form.
Share 49ersWebzone