There are 270 users in the forums

Poll: Peyton or Alex?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Poll: Peyton or Alex?

Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
I just don't see Alex Smith having another season like he had in 2011. This season is going to be harder on him. That being said our defense is good enough to take us to the playoffs, once we get there is Alex Smith going to be good enough to get us into the super bowl? Not so sure about that, Manning on the other hand could be GREAT with the 49ers for 3 or 4 years with the defense we have and another WR and a few better O-Line Men.

lol, and what makes you think we'll accomplish that when Manning is asking for 25 million a year?
Lack of knowledge makes him think that. These guys still think we're in the days of Eddie D. paying anyone and everyone whatever they want. Our payroll was so far beyond every other team it was ridiculous.

Let's all say it together.... SALARY CAP!!!

I think you are the one that doesn't get it. This league is very close to how it was in the 80's. The salary cap became a joke after it went over x amount.

The NFL today equals...small market teams will usually always be far under the cap, mid market teams can fluctuate as they see fit, big spender teams will usually be supported through loopholes and ever increasing cap to simply outspend everyone else.

This was only truly a pure Salary cap league for about 10 seasons.
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
So you're saying have trust in Jim and Baalke except when it comes to getting possibly the best QB to ever play the game?*

*Should come with an asterisk. The Colts didn't want anything to do with him after 4 neck surgery. When they could have kept him to bring along luck. He's looking for a payday before he retires.
They didn't keep him cause he was about to cash in on some guaranteed money

No they cut him because they couldn't pass on Luck

Peyton made it publicly that he had no issues with them drafting Luck
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerDieHard:
depends on the cost... it's all about the $$$ in this league and we might not (ok there is a 90% chance) have enough to sign him and do what we want to do with the team in the immediate future... THIS IS WHY THE REDSKINS ARE TERRIBLE PEOPLE

No the redskins are terrible because they don't have a QB.
Originally posted by Youngb:
Peyton at 30 a year? Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Seriously
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
So you're saying have trust in Jim and Baalke except when it comes to getting possibly the best QB to ever play the game?*

*Should come with an asterisk. The Colts didn't want anything to do with him after 4 neck surgery. When they could have kept him to bring along luck. He's looking for a payday before he retires.

Ya cause he's not the one paying two QBs or sitting on the bench.
I don't care if he's not healthy or not. I'd take Peyton in a wheelchair over Alex.

ok , go ahead and think that
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
I just don't see Alex Smith having another season like he had in 2011. This season is going to be harder on him. That being said our defense is good enough to take us to the playoffs, once we get there is Alex Smith going to be good enough to get us into the super bowl? Not so sure about that, Manning on the other hand could be GREAT with the 49ers for 3 or 4 years with the defense we have and another WR and a few better O-Line Men.

lol, and what makes you think we'll accomplish that when Manning is asking for 25 million a year?
Lack of knowledge makes him think that. These guys still think we're in the days of Eddie D. paying anyone and everyone whatever they want. Our payroll was so far beyond every other team it was ridiculous.

I bet I have more knowledge then you, that being said, the 49ers can make the numbers work, Manning will get whatever he wants from any team he wants to sign with. Thats the way it works in pro sports with the superstars. The 49ers have a great defense, the offense needs huge help. Manning fills most of that huge help......
If you say so... LOL
Go all in with Manning, 3 year 75mill sign Alex for 3year 15mill to back up for insurance, or let Kaep and Tolzien learn from the hall of famer
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by danimal:

I think you are the one that doesn't get it. This league is very close to how it was in the 80's. The salary cap became a joke after it went over x amount.

The NFL today equals...small market teams will usually always be far under the cap, mid market teams can fluctuate as they see fit, big spender teams will usually be supported through loopholes and ever increasing cap to simply outspend everyone else.

This was only truly a pure Salary cap league for about 10 seasons.

Except that starting next year all teams have to spend to about 90% (I'm pretty sure of that number) of the salary cap.

Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
As of this posting 34% of 122 people have voted for Alex Smith.

41 people on the Webzone are retarded strong.

haha yes sir. Ill take the HOF all day.
Except that starting next year all teams have to spend to about 90% (I'm pretty sure of that number) of the salary cap.

I don't buy it. I think the penalties for not doing so will be nothing big. The NFL likes to dress up like they are different than the NBA and the MLB, but it's a joke. There is still and will always be the Haves and the Have Nots.

San Francisco Pro Sports is usually classified as a "Have" market when they choose to. Somewhere in between Mid Market and Huge Market.

So if the Niners want to play with the big boys for a couple of years, now is the time to do it. They should have the dough, and the cap should not be a problem
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Go all in with Manning, 3 year 75mill sign Alex for 3year 15mill to back up for insurance, or let Kaep and Tolzien learn from the hall of famer

So $30 million total for our QB's?
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

ok , go ahead and think that

Well if the colts were drafting a 10. There's no way Manning is a free agent now. There in a total rebuild.
Originally posted by STRFKR_805:
Originally posted by D-Money:
hahah people are retarded, actually voting for Alex Smith, damn man straight stupid.

r u serious? have you ever watched a full fourty niner game???? if you did; WTF r u seeing.???
SMITH is going to be the niners QB for the comming years until he retires. WR were always the issue i said it before 2011 and in 2010.... Crabtree isn't the full answer... the niners have no WR's..

THe only reason the niners are pushing for Manning is so that Smith can sign a cheaper contract with the niners out of fear of being replaced because Smith's AGENT is PEyton Mannings agent.

Also the niners are bluffing topush the price for manning up so that the CARDINALS don't get manning.

Simple Political Economics.. brah.

I mean yea manning would be excelent for business ... ESPN and NBC and NIKE Yahoo GOOGLE would be all on the fourty niners with endorsments for manning...and manning would sell tickets ..because at the end of the day football is a business.
I mean it would be - Peyton Manning ran Jim H. out of town.... then Jim H.'s Disciple LUCK would overthrow Manning ... NOW Manning aligns with Jim H. to get back at JIm H's evil disciple.

but it can't happen... Manning simply cost too much.. is old... injury prone...not a WEST COAST GUY....
Smith is a superb Balanced QB(like chad pennington) that would make Arizona,San Diego,Tennesee,MIA a better team...
I'll stand by my post and unfortunately for you, you're one of them.
Share 49ersWebzone