LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

Poll: Peyton or Alex?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Poll: Peyton or Alex?

Halle Berry or Oprah Winfrey?

No scratch that I'll take Oprah she has more loot!
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
Halle Berry or Oprah Winfrey?

No scratch that I'll take Oprah she has more loot!

Seriously. I would wreck Oprah daily if it meant I had access to her debit card.
  • mod
  • Veteran
I'll take Alex, Peyton is the better QB no doubt, but unless he signs for cheap (like 12 million a year) I dont want him.

Signing Peyton to a large contract is a shortsighted approach to managing this team. I'm not willing to sacrifice the team for one player... just look at Arizona, Minnesota, Colts and soon to be Saints. I'm sick of rebuilding, and thats what will happen if we get sucked into this.

Lowball Peyton, remind him that we are ready for a championship and if he really wants a championship then he will sign with us. If the pundits are correct, he's still looking for $20+ million... no thank you!
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by STRFKR_805:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Top 5 quarterback of all time or Alex Smith? Some of you guys are crazy. You take Peyton Manning! Kaepernick can learn behind Peyton. Could it be a better situation?

why do people like kapernick..?? have you ever seen him play when he was in nevada... he was decent... i think REX GROSSMAN was better than Cappernick. Tolzien stands a better chance...Kapernick doens't even have the charisma of a leader...he's a D Bag. NATE DAVIS would of been the solution... i'd rather trade capernick for pat white...and let pat white learn under manning (hypothetically speaking).

did kaepernick f**k your sister or something?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
I voted for Alex because I'm smart enough to look at the big picture. Of course if all else was equal, you take Manning in a heartbeat. But all else is NOT equal, not even close. Manning is much older, on the downside of his career, and is coming off of multiple neck surgeries. I don't care what any doctor says, that is serious. This is football fellas, injuries happen. And when you're coming off one surgery, let alone four, your chances are multiplied.

Let's not forget the small fact that Manning will cost probably triple what Alex Smith will cost. That means we'll have to cut certain players and fill those spots with inferior players. You think we'll be able to extend Bowman? Aldon Smith? Crabtree? No, we won't. This would give us at best a two year window to win Super Bowls, that's it. A back-loaded contract (which is all we could offer) would hamper us so badly in the 3rd-5th years that our team would be decimated at that point. Manning retires, and we're starting from scratch again. Call me crazy, but after 10 years of being a joke of a franchise, I'm not ready to go back to that again just for a chance at 1 or 2 Super Bowls.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Our last SB winning QB on the situation....

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Steve Young on ESPN on his former 49ers team: "They know they're the best answer for Peyton Manning...that's why they'll probably land him."
somebody (might be a hater reporter or spy) stated that P Manning had trouble throwing to his right side.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gage:
Better overall qb? Manning.
Better qb for our team? Alex

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sfout:

Steve Young on ESPN on his former 49ers team: "They know they're the best answer for Peyton Manning...that's why they'll probably land him."

it really is that simple. Manning KNOWS where his best chance at winning superbowl's is. But there might be a more convenient option out there.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sfout:

it really is that simple. Manning KNOWS where his best chance at winning superbowl's is. But there might be a more convenient option out there.

• mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
I voted for Alex because I'm smart enough to look at the big picture. Of course if all else was equal, you take Manning in a heartbeat. But all else is NOT equal, not even close. Manning is much older, on the downside of his career, and is coming off of multiple neck surgeries. I don't care what any doctor says, that is serious. This is football fellas, injuries happen. And when you're coming off one surgery, let alone four, your chances are multiplied.

Let's not forget the small fact that Manning will cost probably triple what Alex Smith will cost. That means we'll have to cut certain players and fill those spots with inferior players. You think we'll be able to extend Bowman? Aldon Smith? Crabtree? No, we won't. This would give us at best a two year window to win Super Bowls, that's it. A back-loaded contract (which is all we could offer) would hamper us so badly in the 3rd-5th years that our team would be decimated at that point. Manning retires, and we're starting from scratch again. Call me crazy, but after 10 years of being a joke of a franchise, I'm not ready to go back to that again just for a chance at 1 or 2 Super Bowls.

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you
MANNING AT $100 MILLION A YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

it's a shame what happened to this fan base.

Translation. You would rather win 9 games a year, a playoff win every 3 years as opposed to being a contender for 3 years.

Sad its come to this.

You are Crazy!!
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erJim:
MANNING AT $100 MILLION A YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS! Let's get rid of EVERYBODY and replace them with players who will play for the league minimum! Manning is so good he doesn't need any other players to win the Super Bowl!
Share 49ersWebzone